This just in! Release-ish date stated by GameStop!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647156

Being a GameStop employee, I know that this is simply an estimated date, but does anyone know if this has any founding?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: This just in! Release-ish date stated by GameStop!

Quote Originally Posted by exorius
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647156

Being a GameStop employee, I know that this is simply an estimated date, but does anyone know if this has any founding?
    I thought the date was too soon, until I reread it and noticed 11/03/08, which is over a year away. That date seems way too late and probably the latest speculated date Blizzard could push the X-Pac out. Warhammer hits in spring next year and will look to hit the ground running in terms of fierce competition w/ WoW, so Blizzard may be in a hurry to push it out by Spring/Summer 2008 to keep the player interest alive and mitigate any customer losses who make the jump to Warhammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Official price and release date have NOT been announced by Blizzard. In this case, the price and release date were determined by the GameStop e-commerce staff, (comprised of overpowered warlocks), using a combination of 6 and 20-sided die.

Important: If the price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you will receive the lower price. Woot! If the price increases you will be given the option to either pay the higher price or cancel your order. However, if the price increases by more than $1,000, many of us here at the corporate office plan to retire and purchase a small Caribbean island. You are welcome to visit us at any time. Please bring pizza, chocolate and cold beverages.

Note: We vehemently oppose “ninja looting” therefore your credit card will NOT be charged until your order is processed for shipping. Pre-order now. Power to the players.
    OMG ROFL ><
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Hey quick question. I hae been coming to these forums for ever now. Just wondering how to make the box on bottom with picture/class/dps/guild/ and so on that people have. thanks alot

is that 11 march or 3 Novembre 2008 ??
    in my country it would be 11 march, but unsure how it is counted in your country.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flowsz
    in my country it would be 11 march, but unsure how it is counted in your country.
    Damn, I never thought of that. a March 11 '08 date would make absolutely perfect sense....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I believe that's a US site for a US company, so the US dating style makes the most sense... making it November 3, 2008. Plus, they wouldn't want to give an anticipated date too soon...

"Under-promise : Over-deliver"

lol, old news, funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Malineros
    I believe that's a US site for a US company, so the US dating style makes the most sense... making it November 3, 2008. Plus, they wouldn't want to give an anticipated date too soon...

"Under-promise : Over-deliver"
    Unless that's what they wanted everyone to think, just to keep us guessing. ;D

I remember Aeus saying something about 28(march me thinks^^) on the general forums someday somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster
    Damn, I never thought of that. a March 11 '08 date would make absolutely perfect sense....
    I looked on the website for other dates, but i found a 3 / 31 / 08, and there is no 31th month is there?
    So it would be Novembre 3.

I looked on the website for other dates, but i found a 3 / 31 / 08, and there is no 31th month is there?
    3/31/08 means 3rd day of march

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    3/31/08 means 3rd day of march
    Jackass, 3/31/08 was an example on the website by an other game, so it m/d/y.
    the release date atm of wotlk is atm 11/3/08, so Novembre 3. '08

The release date hasn't been announced by blizzard, they put a date so that people can reserve it.

None of this crap is real. I'm still gona go with jan of next year.

im a gamestop employee as well, and this date confused me a bit. usually when theres a hot new title with no release date, the release book will list it as xx/1/xx (the first day of the month). but oh well, i know its not official.

its retqil folks....gamestop has no control over release dates....besides they want to create a buzz so when it gets closer to crunch time we all immediately think of gamestop....i'm willing to bet that the game is released around the same type of warhammer.
    "Beware of The 4th Branch of the government."
    "You're better off rich and guilty than poor and innocent."

Highly unlike to hit shevles in Jan of next year.

Keep in mind blizz hasn't even put out the 2.2 patch which has been announced long ago.

And, with Zul'Aman and Sunwell Plateau not even close to be opened for beta testing, its going to be sometime.

Don't forget, there was a 15 month gap between the official announcement of Burning Crusade and its release. I wouldnt be surprised at all if it were similar in this case. We still have 2.2, 2.3 (ZA, guild banks, etc), some 25 man raid, and the usual lengthy beta period before we should expect wrath to go live. yes, it would be lovely if it were by some miracle to be released only 8 months from now, but at blizzards usual pace (especially with starcraft 2 already on their plates) I just cant picture it happening.

March 11 2008 is a Tuesday. November 3 2008 is a Monday. Aren't games normally released on Tuesdays in the US?