Thread: Random Loot

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Loot

There is a topic on wowinsider that is based on some post on the offibla bla bla bla..
    Do you guys truly believe that Boss drops are really random? If you go and read those posts on the topic you'll see a lot of weird sh*t.
    Anyways I got a suggestion. Guild epix exchange. It's the perfect answer. That is the true way of item retribution between raid groups of 10. :]
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/08/20...really-random/

Re: Random Loot

Do you have a link or something? (I'm at work so it's just easier that way, same goes for a lot of us, probably including you ;-p)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Lazy asshole :P
    Hope Boub doesn't ban me
    http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/08/20...really-random/

lol, thx you sweet lil b*tch ;-)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Dunno, something is weird.

Playing a shadow priest atm, all I get is updates for my healing gear ^^

Well same thing happened to me, 3 weeks of my first kara runs and no loot. Group 2 sharded like 4 feral items. Next week i got 3 from one run...

You know what random loot is? A freaking pig dropping a 2h Axe the size of a tower, that's freaking random!

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    You know what random loot is? A freaking pig dropping a 2h Axe the size of a tower, that's freaking random!
    LOL

/agreed ;D

I miss raiding Naxxramas and having guild leaders yell "DONT KILL THE CAT"

but I truly think they are random, i think (emphasize think lol) remember reading something about loot table changes in next patches/ex-pack to help out exact events like overneathe stated

BUT that just supports the random loot theory!
    Free gold tomorrow!

The loot tables need to be fixed to where it drops loot in conjunction with the classes in the current group/raid. So there's at least something each of the classes in the group/raid can get. Whether they need it or not at least it is something the group/raid could use.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Well same thing happened to me, 3 weeks of my first kara runs and no loot. Group 2 sharded like 4 feral items. Next week i got 3 from one run...

OH EM GE, yes. You are right..... 3 weeks..... the loots CAN'T be random......

Guys, no one with at least the absolut basic understandig of statistical mathematics would say that loots aren't random. First of all to have reliable figures you had to go to e.g. Kara at least about a hundred times EACH with every class as raidleader times every class as masterlooter. You get the point? Even three whole years of Kara-Raidinig (about 150 times) would not be nearly enaough to make only ONE clear statement about randomness of loots. Just ask a mathematician and he will explain it to you in a minute.
    Second point: What would be the sense behind making loot not random? (Besides the fact that loot depending on classes in raid would be a good improvement - which we all know isn't ingame yet) It would make the whole thing far more complex to program. Why would someone make a system, that is way harder to construct and implement with the only result that loot wouldn't be statistacaly "fair"?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    Quote Originally Posted by overneathe

OH EM GE, yes. You are right..... 3 weeks..... the loots CAN'T be random......

Guys, no one with at least the absolut basic understandig of statistical mathematics would say that loots aren't random. First of all to have reliable figures you had to go to e.g. Kara at least about a hundred times EACH with every class as raidleader times every class as masterlooter. You get the point? Even three whole years of Kara-Raidinig (about 150 times) would not be nearly enaough to make only ONE clear statement about randomness of loots. Just ask a mathematician and he will explain it to you in a minute.
    Second point: What would be the sense behind making loot not random? (Besides the fact that loot depending on classes in raid would be a good improvement - which we all know isn't ingame yet) It would make the whole thing far more complex to program. Why would someone make a system, that is way harder to construct and implement with the only result that loot wouldn't be statistacaly "fair"?

Think about it.
    You've givent this WAY too much thought man...

I'm sure that loot is totally random, but the problem is that it is TOO random IMO.

eg: I am exalted with Kara 3 times over and we have god knows how many Decapitators and Gorehowls in our guild but the bow from the Prince has NEVER dropped for us despite doing at least 2, sometimes 3 groups every week. Anyway I've stopped doing Kara now and have given up on ever getting that bow, I'll just stick with Sniper Rifle and 42dps bullets until something else comes along.

My son's guild has downed Illidan 3 times over the past 3 weeks and the same Rogue dagger has dropped 3 times, which sucks for them as none of the Rogues even want it.

Blizzard should really implement a system where you get points for killing a boss and then you choose your loot based on points rewards so that countless epics aren't wasted or dissed.

I stil have this nightmare that the bow will drop when no Hunter there and one of our Warriors/Rogues will get it and keep rubbing my nose in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Papakev
    I'm sure that loot is totally random, but the problem is that it is TOO random IMO.

eg: I am exalted with Kara 3 times over and we have god knows how many Decapitators and Gorehowls in our guild but the bow from the Prince has NEVER dropped for us despite doing at least 2, sometimes 3 groups every week. Anyway I've stopped doing Kara now and have given up on ever getting that bow, I'll just stick with Sniper Rifle and 42dps bullets until something else comes along.

My son's guild has downed Illidan 3 times over the past 3 weeks and the same Rogue dagger has dropped 3 times, which sucks for them as none of the Rogues even want it.

Blizzard should really implement a system where you get points for killing a boss and then you choose your loot based on points rewards so that countless epics aren't wasted or dissed.

I stil have this nightmare that the bow will drop when no Hunter there and one of our Warriors/Rogues will get it and keep rubbing my nose in it.
    I guess i hear what you mean, and blizz did try to solve partially that problem with the tier items that dropd for classes (as oposed to the old system like in MC/BWL), I don't know if a point system would be good as it is part of Blizz intention for guilds not to be able to get all the loots from one place too fast. There will always be random loots, and in a way that's a good thing. In my opinion, they should they put in some system that 'reads' what gear a guild has giving some drops more chances to drop an item (it would still be random but let's say an item with a 10% chances that no one has would be boosted to 15% whereas an item that has dropped let's say 4times for that guild would have it's drop rating decreased a bit, so eventually everything drops per guild/group. Groups would have to be relatively fix for this to happen though).

Exactly, as Juju says, Blizzard want the players to continue to raid instances, even though we have been solidly for 3 months, just because we want 1 drop from 1 boss; if it was some sort of point system, I would have finished Karazhan after maybe 1 month (depending on the way it works ofc) and Gruul after 1 try...

If you made it so you require 4 clears of kara to get 1 item - I think that would be detrimental to the progression of most guilds.

What I would like to see is an extension of the tier drops, so that every item is 'bought' by a token. For example, Nightbane drops a shield token and a chest token. Prince drops a main hand weapon, tier 4 hat and another random token. Make the tokens be able to buy shards - in case no one needs and voila - we have much more lenient system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Rae
    Exactly, as Juju says, Blizzard want the players to continue to raid instances, even though we have been solidly for 3 months, just because we want 1 drop from 1 boss; if it was some sort of point system, I would have finished Karazhan after maybe 1 month (depending on the way it works ofc) and Gruul after 1 try...

If you made it so you require 4 clears of kara to get 1 item - I think that would be detrimental to the progression of most guilds.

What I would like to see is an extension of the tier drops, so that every item is 'bought' by a token. For example, Nightbane drops a shield token and a chest token. Prince drops a main hand weapon, tier 4 hat and another random token. Make the tokens be able to buy shards - in case no one needs and voila - we have much more lenient system.
    I thought of that, but I think blizz would realize that people get too fast what they want still :-s
    Don't get me wrong, my main focus in the game is pvp, so they less time i spend in raids, the more i enjoy the game (not that fighting a lock or something for top dmg isn't fun once in a while, but I find it gets repetitive very fast, especially kara).

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Rae

I think thats an excellent idea, but then it would push people getting geared up to a highly accelerated level.

This expansion is only lasting about 1 year for all these instances to be done and completed. So at that rate everybody would be further along and demand more in less time, making Blizzard having to release more and more to only be completed very quickly.

Maybe for certain bosses (i.e. the final boss) could drop these tokens, but if all did then could you imagine how many people would bid on one item, and how your tanks would instantly get decked out?
    and then he cupped my balls...

First post on this site...this site is awesome

anyways i think that it would be a nice idea to have tokens for everything, but then it wouldnt be as fun for people who love to down a new boss and loot and see phat lootz, and new items they havent seen before, and all they see is tokens...it would kinda kill the moment, yay! we killed the hardest boss! and we got...tokens.../yawn

plus to equip your new item from the tokens wouldnt you have to travel outside the isntance to go turn them in for the item? that would be pretty redundant, as tier items already are, if your guild clears all of khara and you are one of the first ones to get a tier piece early in the night, then you have to wait till raid is over to head back to shattrah to get your shiny new lootz

I agree that the randomness does suck somtimes, they really should make it scan who has what, or based on class so that your guild bank doesnt have 1000000 shards

It also would help for your alts as well, and new players that get into khara for example, to quickly get geared up and get loot that your raid can aucutally use, and progress.

Maybe implement a system where they slowly increase drop rates and stuff over time, start with khara, make it drop more there, and move on to another instance, that way its controlled and the highest content is still the harder lootz to get, with the encounters justifying the effort.

and of course the pvpers out there just shake thier heads and zone back into their bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by Urza29

and of course the pvpers out there just shake thier heads and zone back into their bg's.
    that really made me laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Quote Originally Posted by Urza29

that really made me laugh...
    It made me sad.