Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Hunters & Raiding: Why are we so unwanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Droknarxoz
    Well since u don't have anything else than your own experience, i don't care how many times u repeat yourself, without some solid proof, its just speculation. And ill repeat myself and say, that the only time i have ever gotten aggro returned was, when it was bugged, and ive even spend the last 30 min in a raid grp with some guildies trying 2 see if you had a point, and not once did i get aggro back.
    What proof are you expecting? A Fraps video to demonstrate it? I hardly think you are worth that kind of time. I've seen it happen, its all I need. You haven't, good for you. Consider yourself lucky. Or perhaps pay more attention to it in your next raid or test it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by aznthecapn
    What proof are you expecting? A Fraps video to demonstrate it? I hardly think you are worth that kind of time. I've seen it happen, its all I need. You haven't, good for you. Consider yourself lucky. Or perhaps pay more attention to it in your next raid or test it yourself.
    If u had bothered 2 read my last post u would have seen i have tested it. So unless someone other than u, show me even one post in another forum, then all i can believe is that u have an aggro management problem. Or in another way have missunderstood the mechanics of MD, and is trying 2 pass of your experience as fact, but what ever...

I have done exactly that in raid instances. Three shots, mob targets and runs to tank. Hits him a couple times, changes target to me and I get punked. I'm not shooting him at the time and the tank isn't beating on him (damn ninja AFKs). Its a temporary aggro gain, it is not permanent.
    lolwut?

MD is a permanent transfer of aggro to whoever is Misdirected. It is as if all the damage you do was done by the person who was MD'd (e.g. tank). It was bugged a few months ago where all the aggro came back to you on the 3rd misdirected shot but this since has been fixed.

flammable

To be honest I think its because the majority of hunters have no idea how to play. I was helping out a karazhan guild the other day the hunter had lower DPS than the tank. This is because the hunter has no idea how to time his shots properly and this is the same with the vast majority of hunters out there. They have no idea how to maximise their DPS.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah must agree with the otheres there are just soo many crap hunters out there that are giveing the good ones a very bad rep as class many ppl think hunters are easy class to play and they are half right since to play hunter take no skills but to master one really do!!! As it is we cant afford to loose out on a shot in a rotation and it is this that most ppl miss :S and therefor giving us bad rep....

In my guild we are 2 raiding hunters and we are rarely 2 hunters in raid normaly we are taken along for our buffs ;S

But dont worry out there in sunwell we/i ;P will have legendary range (PLZ GUN) ;P

I have done exactly that in raid instances. Three shots, mob targets and runs to tank. Hits him a couple times, changes target to me and I get punked. I'm not shooting him at the time and the tank isn't beating on him (damn ninja AFKs). Its a temporary aggro gain, it is not permanent.
    This is well documented and our hunters have said the same.
    Its not meant to boost aggro, its merely meant to help the tank establish it when there is a threat wipe or at the beginning of the fight to allow more people to start DPS or for gimmick fights, like HKM, establishing threat from multiple people onto offtanks.

Might I add that we've done raids without any hunters, and I prefer to have at least 1 to 2. The usefulness of Misdirect and Ice trap (especially on TK trash) hard to beat.