Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Raiding warriors.

"Experienced warriors can skip" part was to avoid "wall of text crits you for a million", as all experienced warriors know that fury scales better with gear. Was not to be rude at all. I am sorry if you got offended.

Ok, this is getting very unnecessary.

I do not understand why you want me to adress everything in a couple of paragraphs.

MS builds had unintendedly high raid dps up to a certain progression, which already received a negative impact with WF nerf.

I will not discuss this issue further, as it is benefiting no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthengel
    "Experienced warriors can skip" part was to avoid "wall of text crits you for a million", as all experienced warriors know that fury scales better with gear. Was not to be rude at all. I am sorry if you got offended.

Ok, this is getting very unnecessary.

I do not understand why you want me to adress everything in a couple of paragraphs.

MS builds had unintendedly high raid dps up to a certain progression, which already received a negative impact with WF nerf.

I will not discuss this issue further, as it is benefiting no one.

Sorry, the hit rating cap, the glancing blow things, both of which were wrong, and then only taking in 2 stats to be a deciding factor of raid dps, was not convincing.

Theres tons of factors taken in, if you want to prove something of an exceptional spec and disprove it you'd have to take out something that makes it great, not what makes a different one alright.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter

Sorry, the hit rating cap, the glancing blow things, both of which were wrong, and then only taking in 2 stats to be a deciding factor of raid dps, was not convincing.

Theres tons of factors taken in, if you want to prove something of an exceptional spec and disprove it you'd have to take out something that makes it great, not what makes a different one alright.
    What are you trying to do? Flame Mr. Cocotroller? If so you got your flame.

Damn, what hit rating cap are you talking about? Who said hit rating cap? I was talking abour I am getting near to a cap where more hit would be loss (above 8.6% with 2hander). Read with your eyes, not with your ass.

And what exceptional spec goddamit??!?!!? Fury is the warrior tree intended for raid dps by blizzard.

If there is anything to be said, it would better be someone raiding with 33/28, like me or your friend. You mix everything up and don't know wth you are saying.

You go on and you will get both of us banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter

What are you trying to do? Flame Mr. Cocotroller? If so you got your flame.

Damn, what hit rating cap are you talking about? Who said hit rating cap? I was talking abour I am getting near to a cap where more hit would be loss (above 8.6% with 2hander). Read with your eyes, not with your ass.

And what exceptional spec goddamit??!?!!? Fury is the warrior tree intended for raid dps by blizzard.

If there is anything to be said, it would better be someone raiding with 33/28, like me or your friend. You mix everything up and don't know wth you are saying.

You go on and you will get both of us banned.

seriously, go read that forum i tossed out

you'll learn why that spec is so great from other people, i was more throwing this out becuase of the dps so many warriors don't hold in raids and how their other contributions could increase not only their dps but others (yes even theres)

and for throwing out 270 hit rating as a great spot... i mean y? because your character may have around that... cap is the great spot, anything under becomes good

and as for getting banned... we are on the appropriate part of the forums to discuss this and we havent been told otherwise so im gonna presume we can go on

and my bad i stated the hit cap was 308... that was wrong.. wats it really around 344?

Funny thing, Blizzard stated in the Suggestions forum at one time, they intend all builds to work for PvP and PvE.

Fury being PvE build? Fail.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Deleted

High hit rating will eliminate glancing blows and misses....
    (You know your chance to miss is linked to glancing blows right? You have a rogue.)
    Eh, no. It's literally impossible to remove (or even affect) glancing blows. WoW's attack table is a precedence system, and glancing blows, very simply, takes precedence over critical hits and normal hits. It has nothing to do with your chance to miss. Zip, zada, zilch.

The precedence system works in this order:
    Miss
    Dodge
    Parry
    Glancing blow (players and pets vs. mobs only)
    Block
    Crushing blow (mobs only)
    Crit
    Hit

That order is from Blizzard, by the way, so you may consider it accurate.

As an aside, hit rating works by reducing your chance to miss, not by increasing your chance to hit, though that is usually the end effect. You can also increase your critical hits, however, if your crit strike rating is high enough to be pushed off the table.

In theory, it could be possible to remove glancing blows from the attack table but that would require you to attack with a weapon that you have so little skill in that your chance to miss, and the mob's chance to parry and dodge, would be increased dramatically--but then you wouldn't hit at all.

The current glancing blows mechanics do not allow them to be reduced in any effective manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath
    High hit rating will eliminate glancing blows and misses....
    (You know your chance to miss is linked to glancing blows right? You have a rogue.)
    Eh, no. It's literally impossible to remove (or even affect) glancing blows. WoW's attack table is a precedence system, and glancing blows, very simply, takes precedence over critical hits and normal hits. It has nothing to do with your chance to miss. Zip, zada, zilch.

The precedence system works in this order:
    Miss
    Dodge
    Parry
    Glancing blow (players and pets vs. mobs only)
    Block
    Crushing blow (mobs only)
    Crit
    Hit

That order is from Blizzard, by the way, so you may consider it accurate.

As an aside, hit rating works by reducing your chance to miss, not by increasing your chance to hit, though that is usually the end effect. You can also increase your critical hits, however, if your crit strike rating is high enough to be pushed off the table.

In theory, it could be possible to remove glancing blows from the attack table but that would require you to attack with a weapon that you have so little skill in that your chance to miss, and the mob's chance to parry and dodge, would be increased dramatically--but then you wouldn't hit at all.

The current glancing blows mechanics do not allow them to be reduced in any effective manner.
    Yeah, yeah, I know, if you read a few posts above you can see me slapping myself for getting confused. What you say is true.

I was raiding 33/28. Our guild rules are recently revised and now they are not forcing dps warriors to get BF. So today I'll raid first time with 31/30, and as soon as Talon of Azshara or Blade of Infamy drops, I'll go fury.

Best thing I could do with 33/28 was to get to 3rd on dmg meters at Vashj, some trash, and some other bosses. sword rogues always at the top. With 31/30 I may do better.

The drawbacks of this build are, first of all you can't move when you are hitting slam, means the mob moved a few yards away, your rotation will get disrurbed and there is lost dps. This gets exhausting on a long raid. Another issue is, at the early stages of the fight it is hard to go all out on the mob, since the build is highly unpredictable. mscrit+whitecrit+slamcrit=deadwarrior. Also on the long run, you will have to add heroic strike to your cycle (otherwise no way to keep up..impale bonus is very good), whic gets you even closer to the threat cap.

At the moment I have 9.5% hit. No hit gems or enchants. I need only 8.6 with a 2hander. That 1% is a lost stat and I have nothing to do about it, this is the itemization, and I will be getting more hit :/.

And the legendaries when we keill illidan ofc , rawr!!!

But with the current gear I have, I should be able to put out 1k dps (which is almost what I am doing) in fury spec more consistently, and safer.

Party 1

Enhanced Shaman
    Arms Warrior
    Combat sword rogue 1
    Combat sword rogue 2
    Feral druid

Beats anytime
    Enhanced Shaman
    Fury Warrior
    Combat sword rogue 1
    Combat sword rogue 2
    Feral druid

Shaman is what arms warrior needs for dps. But ofcourse fury warrior anytime anywhere beats alone Arms warrior in terms of dps, but in right party setup Arms warrior is as effectively as fury and gives a fairly 4 % boost dps for raid.

With the haste nerf, Fury has a higher damage potential as of the new patch. I have pretty much top of the line MS/Fury sets, and slam rotations just don't compete with stacking +hit as Fury.

And also, once you get to BT/Hyjal, Rogues are on top unless they are really, really bad. Always.

Secondly, questioning something when I don't see a complete answer should be expected. You state that 270 hit rating is perfect for fury, when the cap is 308 for duel weilding. Also 2handers will reach the hit rating cap sooner than the duel wielders will, thus allowing for more crit and atp to be added into their build, which should balence out.
    Since when is 308 the cap for dual wielding? 308 is the cap for rogues with 5/5 precision and 2/2 weapon expertise.

Deleted
    This topic is soo old xD

10+ Year Old Account
    nice necro ^.^