Changes on haste in 2.2, Atiesh

2.2 Release date
    You've all been waiting to know when the 2.2 will be released. It's been months, you ALL want it. And we know when the release will be !!! Thanks to Drysc.

Originally Posted by Drysc
    Not tomorrow.

Source
    2.2 PTR Patch
    The 2.2 Patch notes were updated and Curse.com searched for the differences, nothing really interesting but the haste mechanics change is now confirmed.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    General
    • Haste: Haste has been rebalanced. It has returned to the ratios from the launch of Burning Crusade. Melee attacks and spell casts will now benefit at identical rates from haste. This change results in a reduction in the benefit of haste for melee attacks and an increase in the benefit for spellcasters.

Items
    • Increased the duration of the Mystical Skyfire Diamond's cast speed buff to 10 seconds.

Professions
    Alchemy
    • Flask of Shadow Fortification will transform into the Flask of Pure Death. This new flask increases Frost, Fire, and Shadow spell damage.
    • Flask of Arcane Fortification will transform into the Flask of Blinding Light. This new flask increases Holy, Nature, and Arcane spell damage.
    • A new flask that increases all resists and stats has been added to the Violet Eye reputation vendor.
    As a reminder, here is how it affects the major haste trinkets/weapons.

Melee Weapons
    [item=32943] - 1,71% - 2,57% (Old)
    [item=32332] - 3,17% - 4,76% (Old)
    [item=28439] - 13,45% - 20,17% (Old)
    [item=28438] - 13,45% - 20,17% (Old)
    [item=27901] - 8,38% - 12,56% (Old)
    [item=28437] - 13,45% - 20,17% (Old)
    [item=29348] - 11,42% - 17,13% (Old)
    [item=31318] - 25,38% - 38,06% (Old)

Spell Weapons
    [item=31336] - 17,77% - 13,33% (Old)
    [item=32374] - 3,49% - 2,62% (Old)

Melee Trinkets
    [item=28830] - 20,62% - 30,92% (Old)
    [item=28288] - 16,50% - 24,74% (Old)

Spell Trinkets
    [item=32483] - 11,10% - 8,33% (Old)
    [item=32488] - 9,20% - 6,90% (Old)
    [item=27683] - 20,30% - 15,24% (Old)
    [item=28190] - 20,30% - 15,24% (Old)

Atiesh in WotLK Naxxramas
    Bornakk made a post about Atiesh in the level 80 version of Naxxramas. He also made two more posts that you might want to read for more explanations

Originally Posted by Bornakk
    Decisions regarding important items like this must be made carefully. We need to make sure the story behind it feels right as we don’t want to force an item with such stature into the game, but we will still make sure there are great items available for everybody to push for.

At this time we are still working on retuning Naxxramas for Wrath of the Lich King and have not made any final determinations on Atiesh.

Source
    Post #2
    Post #3

Re: Changes on haste in 2.2, Atiesh

They should just make it so, that you enter the sunwell plateau, and use the sunwell's power to infuse the weapons (atiesh,tf,hand of rag) and some chain that requires collecting some mats or something like that and voila =) Would be cool. ;D

.... what's the big deal announcing a specific date anyways, or at least writing in on the WoW screen when we log! "Realms will be down from .... to ...... Patch will not be released today" I don't get the whole secret thing. >

Thanks for the laugh Boubouille, your comment plus Drysc´s comment cracked me up. (Really needed that cause my shoulders will still remain small )

meh not sure if this matters, but you seem to have said "post #2" and "post #2" rather then 1 and 2 :P also im not even sure if it was ment to be that way, if it is, sorry

Tssss. For once a Blizz employee answered properly instead of giving us the usual 'we are still deciding blahblahblah...' and you're making fun of him... bad Boubouille! lol
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

there is nothing specific
    as you can read "and have not made any final determinations on Atiesh."

so just wait.

but hey
    i ll cuddle my splints, and hope the best ;-)

Every day I shed a tear when I see my Atiesh in my bag, I get it a month before Burning Crusade and could not use it as long as a legendary should be in use

I hope they will think about a way to update it but I do not believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitko_A
    .... what's the big deal announcing a specific date anyways, or at least writing in on the WoW screen when we log! "Realms will be down from .... to ...... Patch will not be released today" I don't get the whole secret thing. >
    It because Blizzard is famous for holding the release of content and games beyond the said release date if they discover a new issue. So the reason they don't give a date is so 9 million people aren't pissed if they don't release it on that specific day.

because Nihilium needs something to whine about if the release dates aren't on time, seeing as they schedule their whole lives around these things..
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.