Thread: FuBar alt

FuBar alt

Hey guys, lazy (and working) right now so... do any of you have a GREAT FuBar alternative?
    I really wanna ditch it cause it's my most memory consuming addon and it goes up to 10 (omg) MB. Don't like that

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: FuBar alt

There's no alternative afaik.

And Fubar shouldn't be using that much memory.. unless you got alot of addons hooked to it.

TidyMinimap
    Work only for small icons (no display for money, clock or another useless shit )

Fubar is just a bar and doesn't take 10 MB. Now the fubar addons could take that much if you have a ton of them. the only fubar alternative is titan panel and it sucks imo.

yeah the thing is that it looks like only fubar is hogging so much memory, but its all the "FuBar_xxxFu" addons attached to it that make it look like its heavyweight. how many fubar addons do you use?

Well I only got FuRepair, PitBull, Bartender, FuMoney and FuPerfomance. Is it SO much?? It beats every possible memory usage from the other addons and my UI is one of those UIs where I don't have one original Blizz concept on it. It can't be just this. :/
    Btw TidyMini looks sweet but I'm lookin more for an addon that can be dragged around and showing performance and money. :]

If you truly want to get rid of Fubar, and only need an addon for displaying Performance, and Money.

try out: StatusWindow
    (the link is for an updated version, here is the original: Click)

But as some have already mentioned, I doubt that its Fubar thats eating your performance!

- Dober

Quote Originally Posted by Doberkill
    If you truly want to get rid of Fubar, and only need an addon for displaying Performance, and Money.

But as some have already mentioned, I doubt that its Fubar thats eating your performance!

- Dober
    FuPerformance displays memory usage by addons so I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Quote Originally Posted by Doberkill

- Dober
    FuPerformance displays memory usage by addons so I can see.
    FuBar uses the Ace2 framework. So, if fubar is you only Ace2 addon this will use a shit ton of memory because of its embeds. If you unembeded everything, you would see that the libraries are what is actually taking up more space. The idea is if a lot of addons use the same functions why not make them into 1 lib so we don't have so much repetition, saving space. Not to mention these libs are optimized and well written. ( once again to see real performance you should unembed all the libs )

Most likely you are running embeded libraries... which in itself is just fine, but it tends to scew the memory reporting that you see in game because FuBar is not just FuBar, its all the Ace2 Libraries and such that some of your other addons probably use as well.

This explains what I am talking about:
    http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace2_Memory_Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by kebinusan
    Most likely you are running embeded libraries... which in itself is just fine, but it tends to scew the memory reporting that you see in game because FuBar is not just FuBar, its all the Ace2 Libraries and such that some of your other addons probably use as well.

This explains what I am talking about:
    http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace2_Memory_Concerns
    beat you to it ;D

Heh, yeah I had to register just to post that!

Thank you guys for the support and explenations. :]
    I guess I'll just have to sacrifice some adds for raids and such for better performance. :]

well TitanPanel from my experience has used up less system resources than FuBar. if your looking for something to get rid of ur minimap buttons, Minimap Buttonbag is really good. Its one button on ur minimap, then u click to expand and show all the buttons from addons.

Thank you guys for the support and explenations. :]
    I guess I'll just have to sacrifice some adds for raids and such for better performance. :]
    Well be careful associating standing memory usage with performance... an addon with a large increasing memory rate is far more likely to cause performance issues.

Well I only got FuRepair, PitBull, Bartender, FuMoney and FuPerfomance. Is it SO much?? It beats every possible memory usage from the other addons and my UI is one of those UIs where I don't have one original Blizz concept on it. It can't be just this. :/
    Btw TidyMini looks sweet but I'm lookin more for an addon that can be dragged around and showing performance and money. :]
    PerfBlock
    But no Money/Clock