Thread: LF Addon

LF Addon

Is there an addon for Muting Error sounds? Not error speech, I have that one turned off. It's the noise the game makes if you're Trinket/Ability is not ready but you are spamming it because you have a macro that uses it...

Thanks!

edit: I would prefer not to turn ALL the sounds off in game.

no idea i have often wondered this too. the only thing i can think of is a macro way that you can put in the cancel sound effect within the macro thats the only way i know.

15+ Year Old Account
    While there might be an addon, I think people usually do this inside the ability macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip ABILITY
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast TRINKET
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast ABILITY
    For me, I wouldn't want the error sounds turned off permanently. I'm one of those weirdos who plays with game sounds on as I appreciate the extra dimension of feedback. I prefer the targeted approach taken by that kind of macro.
    Shiboomi of <Riot> on US-Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by xinny View Post
    Is there an addon for Muting Error sounds? Not error speech, I have that one turned off. It's the noise the game makes if you're Trinket/Ability is not ready but you are spamming it because you have a macro that uses it...
    Pelf identified how it is done; personally, I use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit which brings a few nice things to the table -- including some short slash commands to do the same mute and unmute things. All it does in hide the long /run and /console commands in shorter versions, of course.