Threat trinkets: how they work?

Ok now i was just wondering on a couple trinkets, how exactly they work. Playing an enhance shammy and being on the top of threat meters quite often i was wondering

Prism of Inner Calm- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30621#dropped-by
    for this trinket what are its mechanics, does it mean that each critical strike you do causes negative threat? for example a normal crit lets say generates 200 threat, with this thrinket equiped will it change that to you lose 150 threat on the meters? or is it just 200 threat -150 threat to make you get 50 threat for the hit?

sorry if i can't really make it make sense but i guess im trying to say does each crit cause you to lose threat? or does it merely subtract it off the hit to make you generate less threat.

Fetish of the Sand Reaver- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21647#dropped-by

and what are the mechanics on this? is it just an all out at once - % of threat or does it reduce threat for each hit you do? Merely reduce the threat you generate or what?

Re: Threat trinkets: how they work?

Quote Originally Posted by beammeupscotty
    Ok now i was just wondering on a couple trinkets, how exactly they work. Playing an enhance shammy and being on the top of threat meters quite often i was wondering

Prism of Inner Calm- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30621#dropped-by
    for this trinket what are its mechanics, does it mean that each critical strike you do causes negative threat? for example a normal crit lets say generates 200 threat, with this thrinket equiped will it change that to you lose 150 threat on the meters? or is it just 200 threat -150 threat to make you get 50 threat for the hit?

sorry if i can't really make it make sense but i guess im trying to say does each crit cause you to lose threat? or does it merely subtract it off the hit to make you generate less threat.

Fetish of the Sand Reaver- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21647#dropped-by

and what are the mechanics on this? is it just an all out at once - % of threat or does it reduce threat for each hit you do? Merely reduce the threat you generate or what?
    The comments on the wowhead site for prism suggest it is just a flat 100 threat off every crit

and the decription for the fetish is self explanatory

and the decription for the fetish is self explanatory
    My immaturity gets the best of me, I laugh everytime I read that.

Yea threat trinkets are confusing, I wish Blizzard would just throw out a basic "Here's how threat works" point system similar to crit and hit..
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

We have had that Prism drop every Vashj kill but one.

We always joke that it works, because it takes up the slot of another dps trinket. Other than that, I really don't know the numbers on how much threat reduction is. None of the people that have got stuck with it actually use it (I think a warlock picked it up because he was the last one to take the portal and it was still just sitting there).
    Cerysa - 70 Draenei Shaman - Invictus - Alexstrasza PVE

I forget the exact numbers...

But on spell crits it reduces the threat put out by 1000, and melee crits (go rogues!) it reduces the threat by 150. Salvation affects it as well by reducing the threat reducing effects to 700 and 105.

So lets say your crit would do 3000 threat (for a caster), then you take 30% off for salvation. Then an additional 700 leaving you with 1400. Without salvation it would just cut off 1000 leaving you with 2000 threat instead.

Personally I haven't found much use for it except in instances with crappy tanks, or bosses where you get some great buff (like reliquary of souls). But it makes quite a big difference in the long run of your TPS.

It effects all of the crits you make as well, not just some (people think that for some reason).
    and then he cupped my balls...

Deleted

it is indeed _THE_ best trinket for a melee shammy :>

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    it is indeed _THE_ best trinket for a melee shammy :>
    great for all off classes, like balence druids, ret paladins, elemental shaman....

still good for other classes, but off classes tend to make quite a bit of threat
    and then he cupped my balls...