Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior need help!?

Ok, im a bit tired of playing a ranged class( Hunter ) so i decided to level up my warrior and lo and behold im finally level 60 and am in Outland. Now i have a few questions regarding the class, but first a couple of notes. I do most of my research here at work and i cant access ANY of the Blizzards's official websites. I cant get to thott or Alla. I cant use Tentonhammer etc.. Pretty much i am limited to this site and WoWhead and ps3fanboy, so please no outside links that i cant see lol copy+ paste and put here lol

Ok now here are my Warrior goals:

I want to be Sword Spec ( i like swords better than axes, blame Arny and his Conan movies lol ) which means im gonna be a DPS warrior.

I want to go 31/30 but im not sure if thats a good spec.

When fighting against players, wats a good "shot" rotation( remember i m a hunter i dont know what to call your "shot rotations" lol )

Ok so evaluate my spec:

Driphter's 1st Choice spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LcGbbAbog0zZVVzA0xoV

But i seen this spec work out pretty well too:

Alternative Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVGxdAbogozboVVzV0L

So between these two specs, in terms of DPS/PVP/PvE utility ( in that order) which spec would be better?

Now, whichever chosen what changes would make to the spec??

Now my most favorite part: Aside from arena/pve, whats a good 'core' dps set? Right now im gonna have the full Fel Iron Plate Set as thats all i can get right now (im only 60 so i cant wear it yet ) and im sporting the Blade of Misfortune and when i hit i think 66 im getting the Halaani Greatsword ( i think its called that, its from Halaa vendor) other than that what recommendations do you guys recommend? link to WoWhead as thats the only site i can and thanks in advance

Re: Warrior need help!?

Both spec you linked really suck
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Both spec you linked really suck
    If you don't have anything worthwhile to post...just refrain from doing so. You only make yourself look like a jackass when you say things like that.

Now I'm far from being a pro warrior or anything...but I can tell you that for pve 20/41/0 is a much better approach than any kind of MS Spec and for PvP most warriors these days go something like 31/27/3 in favor of picking up tactical mastery but it does come down to personal preference as well as what kind of arena you are going to be running. I'm at work atm but when I get home I'll see if I cant get you some more in-depth info.

^^^ First off ya both your specs suck pretty bad. :P (No offense)

For PvE try this spec if you want to use a 2hander (I prefer Fury). Imp Slam FTW!
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdAbot0zZVV0VMgoV

For PvP I find that this spec works the best for me
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdAbot0zZVVzVzxRV

If your ever interested in Fury here is the best spec IMO
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xkhbZVV0VgxoVuqo

As far as gear goes any of the BoE Epic Blacksmithing weapons are pretty nice if you can get your hands on any of those and the Doomplate Battlegear Set is a pretty good place to start as far as armor. And the Veterans Battle gear (Belt, Bracers, Boots, Cloak, Ring and Neck) are really nice and easily obtainable just a lot of pvp.

your going in the right direction in your specs but some things needed to be changed

Torokaz's specs are pretty much ideal for whatever you will be doing

as for a "shot rotation" IMO its all based around who your fighting (in PVP) ex. spam MS on healers/healer targets, use all my anti mobile and slowing skills against hunters, etc. Assuming YOU leveled your warrior from 1-60, your gonna have a basic idea of how to smack things, just keep playing around with skills while you level finding what works the best

as for gear, just pick up the greens/blues along the way to 70 and pvp for gear, arena gear is a very nice set if you dont raid
    Free gold tomorrow!

You can't call "rotation" what you do in pvp with a warrior.

You will MS, hamstring, fear, WW, intercept, charge, OP when necessary and possible. The rest of the time you will be chasing players to stay near. When you are near, you will probably have a few seconds to burst them, you will need to shoot whatever you have really.

For PvE, pre SSC I think you will be better with 31/30, but I advise axe spec to help keeping up flurry. Here you will need to do slam rotations and you will get annoyed when tank moves the mob or a ranged class pulls agro. But still you can do a good job.

With SSC/TK gear and beyond 20/41 DW will outperform any 2h spec. Nothing scales as good as this with gear. You won't know what to do with a full rage bar and 4k raidbuffed ap.

20/41 2h slam doesn't work after WF nerf, you will be rage starved, forget about keeping rampage up.

When my guild first started SSC/TK, before WF nerf, with 33/28-31/30 builds I was topping the meters. After WF nerf and everybody getting better gear I dropped in the meters significantly. Now I'm 20/41DW fury spec, and I am at top 3 in the meters again.

These specs we are talking about are all standard cookie cutter specs, and can be found on any website.

Edit: Sorry did not notice this was pvp forum. :

In pvp you really want to get tactial mastery for a quick 1h/shield shield reflect against that pom pyro flurry is nice but against people with high resilience ratings i doubt you'll have it up alot... keep imp intercept tho, it will help you alot better chasing hunters mages etc especially when you get 4 pcs S2 (15s cd on intercept = win)
    Second wind will help you alot in pvp, and 2 points in weapon mastery is a must aswel imho

something in the lines of this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdNbogbzbZVVzm0xRZc

imp hamstring.. well if it procs its nice but you could swap it out for blood frenzy or so (helps in raids)

rotations.. meh, just keep hamstring MS and PH up.

the crafted ragesteel set is pretty good, but i'm not sure it has stamina :/ doomplate is ace but it all drops in heroics.... the blue pvp gear at 70 is a good start for pvp anyway

edit: correct link now i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Muarf
    @Laur: I think you put a wrong link to your template.

For PvP you could take a build like this : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xbAbog0zbZVxzmMxRZc
    Iron Will / MS / Second Wind in Arms, PH / DW / Imp Intercept in Fury and TM are quite good for PvP.

You can also drop points in Imp Execute and/or 2H spec to put them in Imp Hamstring if you want.
    i use one similar to that, but a few changes- when you are an epic warrior with lots of hp, 3% hp regen is alot, its better than an extra ~50 attack power from imp shout talent

your going in the right direction in your specs but some things needed to be changed

Thanks Steeve. Ok from what im seeing Bloodcraze is not worth the 3 talent points i wanted to dump into and i really liked Toro's pvp spec

I did level my warrior, but as i asked questions in my guild, i just kept getting responses like:

Dont use Rend, its just a waste of rage, with no explanation. I for one think Rend in invaluable to put into your swing rotation for pvp just for rogues.

ALso, i keep getting mixed feelings on SLam spamming. Thats why i was asking about swing rotations is all, was trying to get an idea of what you guys do.

Anyways this has helped out a lot, i think in all honesty like Steeve said, i was headed in the right direction, just had to move around 6 talent points ( Improved Rend, Blood Craze ) so i dont see how my specs totallly sucked, were just a bit on the 'non-optimized' side

But since recently i ve been dueling against mages and hunters, i find that improved intercept is a must, since i want to mostly PvP with this class again thanks all.

Also one more thing: What would a MS/Fury spec look lilke if i wanted Endless Rage?

Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by Keldoeri29

Thanks Steeve. Ok from what im seeing Bloodcraze is not worth the 3 talent points i wanted to dump into and i really liked Toro's pvp spec

I did level my warrior, but as i asked questions in my guild, i just kept getting responses like:

Dont use Rend, its just a waste of rage, with no explanation. I for one think Rend in invaluable to put into your swing rotation for pvp just for rogues.

ALso, i keep getting mixed feelings on SLam spamming. Thats why i was asking about swing rotations is all, was trying to get an idea of what you guys do.

Anyways this has helped out a lot, i think in all honesty like Steeve said, i was headed in the right direction, just had to move around 6 talent points ( Improved Rend, Blood Craze ) so i dont see how my specs totallly sucked, were just a bit on the 'non-optimized' side

But since recently i ve been dueling against mages and hunters, i find that improved intercept is a must, since i want to mostly PvP with this class again thanks all.

Also one more thing: What would a MS/Fury spec look lilke if i wanted Endless Rage?
    Endless Rage is usless. It is complete crap. You will generate far more rage with Axe spec and flurry than you ever will with endless rage so dont even bother with it. And as far as rend goes for rogues and such, ya its nice i guess but with Imp Overpower they should always have deep wounds up on them so IMO its not worth using any rage on rend. Rend hasnt been on my hot bars sense i hit lvl 60. Also IMP Hamstring is a complete waste of talent points. Those points are much better spend somewhere else. Why? It simply dosen't proc NEAR enough to make it worth it. And yes if you are going to be pvp'ing imp intercept is BY FAR the BEST talent EVER!! I couldnt pvp without it i would kill myself lol. Not to mention with the 4 piece arena set bonus it just makes imp intercept even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Torokaz
    And as far as rend goes for rogues and such, ya its nice i guess but with Imp Overpower they should always have deep wounds up on them so IMO its not worth using any rage on rend. Rend hasnt been on my hot bars sense i hit lvl 60.
    only useful time i use rend is dueling prot warriors in tank gear tehe :
    Free gold tomorrow!

you shouldnt take rend off the action bar :/ its always the first move i do on rogues, because sometimes in bg's when i have already completely owned rogues, as warriors do, then as soon as i charge up to them, they vanish, normally before i get a chance to crit them

Basically you drop 5% less AP/hp from shouts and 1% lower dmg with 2h in exchange for a 10% proc which isnt a high price to pay imho, but agreed it doesnt proc that much tho its very nice when it does, I play 2v2 mostly, guess it depends abit what kind of pvp you want to do.
    I haven't tried 5/5 flurry vs 490 resilience opponents but I have my doubts about it tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by jizzyburnizzy
    3 points in commanding presence = ~45 attack power OR ~160 hp.
    3 points in bloodcraze, my warrior has ~10.2k hp, it is low and none of my enchants/gems are to do with stamina, i recharge about 100 hp every 2 seconds nearly ALL the time... 100% of the time against frost mages + rogues + hunters + all classes that crit, if you had the average hp of a merciless warrior which would be ~15k you would generate 150 hp every 2 seconds ... now why would you prefer 3 points in commanding presence when you can have 3 in bloodcraze? this goes to all of you who prefer that too :/

Quote Originally Posted by starburst
    3 points in bloodcraze, my warrior has ~10.2k hp, it is low and none of my enchants/gems are to do with stamina, i recharge about 100 hp every 2 seconds nearly ALL the time... 100% of the time against frost mages + rogues + hunters + all classes that crit, if you had the average hp of a merciless warrior which would be ~15k you would generate 150 hp every 2 seconds ... now why would you prefer 3 points in commanding presence when you can have 3 in bloodcraze? this goes to all of you who prefer that too :/
    I've never really considered blood craze, Id rather have the increased attack power. just my personal preference
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by starburst
    Lolz! Bloodcraze is complete shit! Thats all there is too it.

Edit by Boubouille : Insult

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Improved Rend, that's a joke right ?

I would personally go with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdAbot0dbZVVzm0xRZc (maybe 2 points in Weapon Mastery)

While Fury does look really good on paper (and it still is really good sometimes), in reality, you wont get as much out of it as you want to (PvP-wise).

The grass is always greener - The times were always better