Thread: Mace Nerf..

  1. #1

    Mace Nerf..

    Hello guys I currently have DT and read about the expected nerf in mace. I am really looking forward to upgrading it to Stormherald and save points for S3 Arena weapon.

    So i have some questions:

    1) Is it going to be a nerf on the Mace spec proc or the Mace proc of the BS weapon?
    2) If this nerf going to be substantial making it a secondary preference in particular compared to sword spec?
    3) Is this nerf expected to take place in 2.2 or 2.3?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe its to all mace specs. Don't think they're nerfing the actual weapon itself. I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from reading the info provided by the blue posts. Also, it may be in 2.2, and if not for sure in 2.3. Hope this helps.

  3. #3

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    They are nerfing the talent, not the stun on the weapon itself.

    The idea is to rebalance them so that each spec is fairly comparable to each other, and one isn't massively favoured compared to the others (which is the current case with Maces).

    I believe the change is slated for 2.3, it's not in 2.2 as of yet but we still have at least one more build to hit PTR before it goes live.

  4. #4

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    does this include rogues? cuz if it does thats gonna suck, but not as much for wars cuz duel wield maces goes off alot more was jw

  5. #5

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    from what I understood they are reducing the stun proc by about 1% so that would include warriors and rogues. I think mace spec will still have the upper hand in pvp. the weapons themselves will not be affected. i thought i read a blue post stating its aimed for 2.3
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro gen3
    i5-2500K - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 RAM
    EVGA GTX 460 FTW 1 GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 120G Sata III SSD - WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Corsair HX750 PSU - Rosewill Challenger U3 Case

  6. #6

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Synneth
    The idea is to rebalance them so that each spec is fairly comparable to each other, and one isn't massively favoured compared to the others (which is the current case with Maces).
    Ye, thats one of the reasons they used. Interesting to see if they will make macespec worth their salt when raiding though, where sword + axe are superior.

    Doubt very much they will though, afterall its blizzard we are talking about.

    But one can hope.

  7. #7

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Iofe
    Quote Originally Posted by Synneth
    The idea is to rebalance them so that each spec is fairly comparable to each other, and one isn't massively favoured compared to the others (which is the current case with Maces).
    Ye, thats one of the reasons they used. Interesting to see if they will make macespec worth their salt when raiding though, where sword + axe are superior.

    Doubt very much they will though, afterall its blizzard we are talking about.

    But one can hope.
    Mace spec is not a PVE Talent. That's why there are other choices. How is that blizzards fault?

  8. #8

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    1) It's going to be a nerf to the WARRIOR talent only.
    2) They said they would bring it back in line with the other weapon specs but not make it clearly favorable, so if they keep their word it will be on par with swordspec, which means it will be better than axe spec at least.
    3) It's not in 2.2 but no one knows when it's supposed to come.

  9. #9

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    1) It's going to be a nerf to the WARRIOR talent only.
    2) They said they would bring it back in line with the other weapon specs but not make it clearly favorable, so if they keep their word it will be on par with swordspec, which means it will be better than axe spec at least.
    3) It's not in 2.2 but no one knows when it's supposed to come.
    Thank you for the above I have the following questions related to the above answers:

    On point 2) You say they will bring it at par with Swordspec, does this imply that its going to be as good for PvE also? Because sword spec is clearly better for PvE and nerfing Mace without balancing it out for PvE so it will be "at par" with sword spec implies that overall its gonna be as good for PvP (only for BS mace weapons) and worse for PvE, thereby making it an overall worse weapon?

    Also, Nerfing the talent itself means that non-Blacksmith Maces (i.e. S2 Weapons) will be worse than other weapons and more specifically Swords.

    Mace becomes the clear choice when it comes to Blacksmith weapons and thats what makes them unique otherwise when it comes to Merciless Gladiator Weapons most Prefer the Sword. Have you seen many warriors with merciless Gladiator Mace? So why should they nerf the talent if its already at par with the other weapons if they are non-BS ones?

    On the Sword topic, is It true that it will get the following nerfs?

    1) Wont proc off WF totem
    2) Wont proc off its own proc
    3) Wont proc off instants

    Can someone confirm it?


  10. #10

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    On the Sword topic, is It true that it will get the following nerfs?

    3) Wont proc off instants
    This is not true. Sword will be able to proc of instants. Most ppl just confuse it with the WF nerf. 1 and 2 are true though.

  11. #11

    Re: Mace Nerf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    Thank you for the above I have the following questions related to the above answers:

    On point 2) You say they will bring it at par with Swordspec, does this imply that its going to be as good for PvE also? Because sword spec is clearly better for PvE and nerfing Mace without balancing it out for PvE so it will be "at par" with sword spec implies that overall its gonna be as good for PvP (only for BS mace weapons) and worse for PvE, thereby making it an overall worse weapon?

    Also, Nerfing the talent itself means that non-Blacksmith Maces (i.e. S2 Weapons) will be worse than other weapons and more specifically Swords.

    Mace becomes the clear choice when it comes to Blacksmith weapons and thats what makes them unique otherwise when it comes to Merciless Gladiator Weapons most Prefer the Sword. Have you seen many warriors with merciless Gladiator Mace? So why should they nerf the talent if its already at par with the other weapons if they are non-BS ones?

    On the Sword topic, is It true that it will get the following nerfs?

    1) Wont proc off WF totem
    2) Wont proc off its own proc
    3) Wont proc off instants

    Can someone confirm it?

    Ok lots of questions at the same time.

    First off, they only stated the following "It should still be as good as the other specs, just not clearly the favorite." -- Kalgan (http://www.blue.cardplace.com/newcache/en/557846007.htm)

    But to answer your question, I seriously doubt that they will buff mace spec on the PVE front.

    Also, no, nerfing the talent will not make it worse than other specs if you're not wearing a blacksmith weapon (deep thunder or stormherald). Sure, the blacksmith weapons have a 4 second stun but the proc chance is really low. The reason what makes mace spec superior to the rest is that it scales with weapon speed. The chance to proc mace stun is 11% with a 3.8 speed weapon (opposed to the flat 5% sword and axe give regardless of speed). Even with a 2.9 speed weapon you will still have a higher chance to proc it than the flat 5% of sword/axe. The main reason why the blacksmith mace is the favored weapon by most warriors is simply because of the fact that mace spec is A LOT better than the other 2 specs (proc chance wise, more than twice as good), and the fact that the blacksmith mace has the best damage range you will see until Teron Gorefiend drops I believe. Even if they woud nerf the talent and bring it to the flat 5% that the other 2 specs give, you will still see a lot of warriors using the blacksmith mace because of the damage range.

    To answer the question more specifically, the talent is FAR FROM in line with the other 2 talents with non-BS weapons, with a 3.6 weapon (gladiator speed) you would still have like a 9-10% chance to proc mace stun opposed to the 5% to score a crit with axe or the 5% chance to get an extra swing with a sword. Why warriors that use gladiator weapons go for the sword I don't really know, the gladiator mace is still A LOT better than the gladiator sword, not to speak about how much better it is than the axe. This is exactly the reason why they will nerf the talent and not the weapons themselves, their ultimate goal is to make it come down to personal preference when you have a choice between equal weapons stat and damage wise (basically, gladiator weapons).

    As for the questions about sword spec:

    1) Will not proc off WF totem.
    2) Will not proc of extra swings from sword spec.
    3) Will proc from instants as far as I know, although I haven't seen swordspec proc off a whirlwind on a different target yet (like mace spec does).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •