Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suspended Account

Hello.
    My account is being suspended now.
    It's about four days, I didn't get an email that explains what I've done, So I sent them an email and I am waiting like 3 days for email.
    How many time my account can be suspended? I heard about 72 hours... but now it's like 98 hours...
    Maybe since I am sharing account with my big brother? He is living in my house so the IP is different. Then, It will be ban forever?
    Or maybe since I spammed the trade channel by mistake? So how many time my account will be suspended of spamming or cussing?

Thank you.

Re: Suspended Account

the IP isn't dif. local yes put for the "out side" both PC will use the IP of the modem/router ;D

It is different. He lives in another house.
    Now, It's not matter. I would like you to answer my questions please.

I have a few of my accounts locked from being hacked a few times and as soon as it was locked there was an email in my inbox , you should phone blizzard's tech support and explain your situtation.

At least there would be no more waiting and you would get and answer then
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by f311
    I have a few of my accounts locked from being hacked a few times and as soon as it was locked there was an email in my inbox , you should phone blizzard's tech support and explain your situtation.

At least there would be no more waiting and you would get and answer then
    If he explains it the same way he just told us what happened to him his account WILL get a perma ban. It states in to ToS that the only way someone can share an account is if they were sharing it with their child I.E. You were a father/mother sharing it with your adolescent child. It specifically states that and even though he's supposedly sharing it with his brother they will still ban him for account sharing.

Maybe it's a week ban?

If you've had many warnings before, then it's probably a permanent ban.

My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked.

i doubt you'd get a perm ban

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

My account once was suspended for about 3 weeks due to "security issues". but i had an e-mail in my inbox immediately as well. Maybe you should check the account management site and look up whether your e-mail adress is still correct or not.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

i get a susp too for involve trading activities (?!) i dont know what i do..anyways i got 72 susp but when i log in after 74 hours my account was ready!

Recently my brother's account was closed for security reasons, he called in, got an email, faxed it back to them and it reopened it.

As for the IP thing, they can't do anything unless you openly admit to sharing accounts, I mean hell I go to LANs all over the state and play WoW, I'd be in some serious shit right now if they cared ><
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

First of all "Accidental Spam" doesnt happen. You spammed the chat and now are nervous cause you think you got suspended. Second, you stated you had various bans before. Stop violating the Blizz contract and you wont get banned. My guess is if you got banned before you are perma banned, as it happened to a friend after I repeatedtly told him to stop model changing. Wow life is simple...dont screw with the game and you wont get banned. Ive never gotten banned before...why? Am I special? No...I just play the game. Never give out your password to anyone adn never go to suspicious "hacking websites" which is how your account name and password is stolen and you get hacked.

I love how Blizzard got on the ball with the banning stuff, keeps the real wow players from the cheaters that ruined so many mmorpgs in the past.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseeker
    First of all "Accidental Spam" doesnt happen. You spammed the chat and now are nervous cause you think you got suspended. Second, you stated you had various bans before. Stop violating the Blizz contract and you wont get banned. My guess is if you got banned before you are perma banned, as it happened to a friend after I repeatedtly told him to stop model changing. Wow life is simple...dont screw with the game and you wont get banned. Ive never gotten banned before...why? Am I special? No...I just play the game. Never give out your password to anyone adn never go to suspicious "hacking websites" which is how your account name and password is stolen and you get hacked.

I love how Blizzard got on the ball with the banning stuff, keeps the real wow players from the cheaters that ruined so many mmorpgs in the past.

Simple.
    Kinda harsh there, he said he spammed chat, but judging by his post it could mean anything from was talking to much to macro spamming.

I've been banned many times, on my last warning now, for simple things such as assholes who are butting into private conversations and reporting me for swearing.. had that happen in an old guild of mine, new member pops in, notices me and a few friends swearing (all I did was called a friend an asshole in a friendly way), and boom reports us all, 3 days out.

It could be anything, no need to jump the gun here, he's not a "cheater", Blizzard's nazi-like banning ways are a bit to the extreme in some cases, I can understand botting and the like (thank goodness AV afking will be stoppable soon) but simple swearing is a bit overreactive (unless its like overdone spam swearing ><) and anti-account sharing is just pushing it, I mean hell if its in the same neighborhood or general town it shouldn't matter (overseas would be a cause for ban)

Ya you have to be really careful, specially with the swearing. In reguard to Blizzard, I don't think thats "Nazi" at all, as Ive played many mmorpgs that were ruined because the company responsible for moderation simply didn't care or keeps tabs. AFKing in AV is probably the best thing and I for one will "afk" tag everyone, as by doing so you wont get in trouble unless you don't enter combat (which most of us will anyways except afkers).

Just use addons and everything will be fine. If I spent so much money on a top mmorpg game ...I too would be rigid so the game I worked so hard for wouldn't be ruined. Call it "Nazi" if you want, I just think they are trying to protect a great asset, as any major company would.

Understandable =p I just mean the fact that they'll crack down on swearing in a heartbeat but some chinese farmer bots still roam free after being reported 15 times is a bit annoying lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Understandable =p I just mean the fact that they'll crack down on swearing in a heartbeat but some chinese farmer bots still roam free after being reported 15 times is a bit annoying lol
    Ya I think as far as "actual threat" goes, botting is pretty high up there and cursing probably at the lowest slot, being that you can easily switch on you curse filter and avoid all the cursing, or "/ignore" the player.

Personally cursing doesnt bother me, tho I try to avoid conversations where cursing is involved for ban purposes.

I know kids play this game and some parents want to avoid exposure to cursing, but again this is easily avoided by using the filter.

If only we had a "chuck norris" filter...if only....

Hey guys,
    My account was suspended of security reasons only when I report about hacking.

Now, I can see this:

I have two accounts and they both got it.
    So, It's not fair if they banned me from security reasons... I am paying for this game, I have raids, I have arena days...

Correction ...."This information has been masked for security reasons" means that all the stuff in that section marked with *** is masked for security reasons....you got banned for violating the eula.

My account information page says the same thing. Yet Im not banned.

PS: Blizzard doesnt care if you have raids or arena days, if you violate the eula you are banned, and if you been banned before its a permanent ban, meaning your characters are gone.

After reading this entire post again your story seems a bit shady.

You stated:

"Maybe since I am sharing account with my big brother? He is living in my house so the IP is different. Then, It will be ban forever?"

Then a few posts down you said:

"It is different. He lives in another house."

So which was it?

Then you stated"

"My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked."

Ive had friends who had their accounts haked and it doesnt result in a ban, it results in you getting your items sold by the hacker which you can just call blizzard and they restore it for you. Getting your account hacked doesnt get you banned, using programs that violate eula does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseeker
    After reading this entire post again your story seems a bit shady.

You stated:

"Maybe since I am sharing account with my big brother? He is living in my house so the IP is different. Then, It will be ban forever?"

Then a few posts down you said:

"It is different. He lives in another house."

So which was it?

Then you stated"

"My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked."

Ive had friends who had their accounts haked and it doesnt result in a ban, it results in you getting your items sold by the hacker which you can just call blizzard and they restore it for you. Getting your account hacked doesnt get you banned, using programs that violate eula does.

Now I can see, I forgot the word "not" there... It happens to me many times.
    My account was suspended like 3 times after it was hacked(from security reasons of course) and after 3-4 days it was active again. Before it was suspended they sent me this email:

This account has now been suspended following an incident of unauthorized access. This is a temporary suspension which prevents anyone else from accessing your account and is taken to protect you from the further loss of characters or items, while we investigate and take any actions needed. Due to the nature of World of Warcraft, it is not possible to restore a character or account from a ‘backup’ and as a result, our investigation needs to be detailed and thorough.

And what's different? My account wasn't hacked before I got this ban that I talking about.