Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Suspended Account

My best guess then would be to question your brother. If you DID NOT violate the eula or use 3rd party program to "cheat" then the likely explanation is that another person with access to your account (your brother) did.

My experience from friends and reading online reports is that hackers don log in your account and violate eula...they simply log in, sell your items, delete your character and transfer the gold.

How do you get hacked?
    The answer is simple....
    First hackers cannot hack into the warcraft server so they instead hack your computer.
    How do they gain access to your computer? They set up a phishing website, normally a site where it says "easy WoW Gold" or "Fast Leveling" and when yu click it installs a key logger into your account.
    You then log in and your info including Login Name and Password gets sent to them.

How to avoid hackers!
    Just play the game, dont look for shortcuts or easy gold.

First of all thank you for your replay.
    I never used 3rd party program, My brother too.
    So how can I prove blizzard that hackers used these program, or I can't and next time I must check key loggers before?

15+ Year Old Account

Have you or your brother bought gold or solicited powerleveling services? That will get you perma-banned too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Nope.
    Maybe they think I am sharing account since of the different IP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzik
    Nope.
    I really doubt they suspend anyone based solely on IP change. Actually it is pretty common for ISP clients to have dynamic IPs (and not even taking into account the poor sods still on pots...), therefore Blizz wouldn't ban based upon it.

But it is pretty strange they have banned you sithout stating the reason - btw, how do your know you've been banned - it appears on the account, ..? (dunno because I've never been banned).

15+ Year Old Account

Nope.
    Maybe if your brother lived in another state.

If you two lived in the same house, the IPs would be a nonfactor. They'd either be 1) matched up as to belonging to the same home network or 2) be matched up to the ISP, in which case. In either case, it'd look like you play from 2 PCs in your own house.

I really can't see ruling that your account was compromised and perma-banned unless for example all your account information is recorded as being in New York and then your account logs at odd hours of the day for significant play time and the IP gets traced to Arizona.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

As I stated before, hackers, according to most reports, hardly log into your account to use 3rd party programs. They sell your gear and transfer your gold.

My advice is, and I hate to give bad news.....start over.

Blizzard hardly "un-ban" accounts, and by hardly I mean never.

Good luck on your next account and remember:

1) Do not share your account. (may get you banned)
    2) Do not visit gold selling websites. (may download keylogger and hack your account)
    3) Do not buy gold. (will get you banned)

Actually, just read the EULA and you should pretty much be fine.

Even if you got banned due to hack (unlikely) it was your fault for having a keylogger in your computer.

Start a new account and follow the EULA, people who do hardly have banning problems.

Follow these steps:

Go to the support section of Worldofwarcraft.com and call the support number, talk to representatives, explain your issue, tell them you never received the email.

They'll forward the email to you after answering your security questions, then you should know why you were banned and the duration.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseeker
    After reading this entire post again your story seems a bit shady.

You stated:

"Maybe since I am sharing account with my big brother? He is living in my house so the IP is different. Then, It will be ban forever?"

Then a few posts down you said:

"It is different. He lives in another house."

So which was it?

Then you stated"

"My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked."

Ive had friends who had their accounts haked and it doesnt result in a ban, it results in you getting your items sold by the hacker which you can just call blizzard and they restore it for you. Getting your account hacked doesnt get you banned, using programs that violate eula does.

From the start this guy's story sounded fishy. I'm almost 100% sure this guy more than likely is some idiot who bought a powerlvling service from IGE or someplace and logged on when the power leveler was working on his character. I've seen a guildy who was a good friend get caught and I told the idiot not to do it but I guess you can't help lazy people. I mean c'mon now, you're paying someone to level your character which is nothing more than pieces of data. If I'm right about this guy then I'm happy his account got hacked, another one bites the dust.

Deleted

If you got banned, there is nothing else you can do than phone the blizzard support and claim your ban was unnecessary. If you've been banned for a certain amount of time, which is already over, but can still not log into your account you should be able to get it back easily. If you've been permabanned, you'll likely not get it back.

Keep it calm guys.

my fourm use got banned because of harry potter spoilers

Like I said... I never used cheats... I don't know sources of cheats...
    I never bought power leveling or golds and I don't have money for this.
    But... While my brother was playing I entered the account many times...
    So I think my account was banned since I shared it.
    Sharing account means that my account won't be able for used? Or it's just ban for some weeks?

Sharing account means that my account won't be able for used? Or it's just ban for some weeks?
    Like you said earlier, you've been banned before multiple times. You're probably perma-banned now. Tell your bro to get a job and get his own account or if he's too young then oh well, don't let him use it because he's obviously the reason why you have to get a new one.

The sharing account rule, is lame imo. If you accept that there will be no backup of your items if you share account, i can't see how it in anyway can harm blizzard that people share accounts. Ofc it will involve more work for blizzard because a lot of people lose control of their account because they share it with unreliable people or people that gets hacked, but if you are willing to loose your rights to get items/characters restored why not let people share accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    The sharing account rule, is lame imo. If you accept that there will be no backup of your items if you share account, i can't see how it in anyway can harm blizzard that people share accounts. Ofc it will involve more work for blizzard because a lot of people lose control of their account because they share it with unreliable people or people that gets hacked, but if you are willing to loose your rights to get items/characters restored why not let people share accounts.
    Just don't exagerate, I ve used a friends accounts many times, and anothers, and they use mine, and it's fine, probably because we don't logg in and out 20 times a day...
    That said, it is a very odd rule... I mean, if you rent a tennis court, and you lend one of your raquets to a friend, will you see the tennis club manager rushing at you saying it's unethical? srsly, wtf blizz
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkou
    Like you said earlier, you've been banned before multiple times. You're probably perma-banned now. Tell your bro to get a job and get his own account or if he's too young then oh well, don't let him use it because he's obviously the reason why you have to get a new one.
    Did you read?
    They can't check the account while I am playing so the suspended me, not because I did something wrong. So, Now it's my first ban.

Just call them, it's free and fast.. waiting for blizz to email you can take weeks, and if then email you it's some crappy mail that they send to everone.
    (like the ingame mails if you opened a ticket, but wheren't online at the time the GM tried to contact you)

GL
    -

Did you read?
    They can't check the account while I am playing so the suspended me, not because I did something wrong. So, Now it's my first ban.
    Yes I did read.

My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseeker
    After reading this entire post again your story seems a bit shady.

You stated:

"Maybe since I am sharing account with my big brother? He is living in my house so the IP is different. Then, It will be ban forever?"

Then a few posts down you said:

"It is different. He lives in another house."

So which was it?

Then you stated"

"My account was suspended sometimes, but only from security reasons - I mean, After it was hacked."

Ive had friends who had their accounts haked and it doesnt result in a ban, it results in you getting your items sold by the hacker which you can just call blizzard and they restore it for you. Getting your account hacked doesnt get you banned, using programs that violate eula does.

Now I can see, I forgot the word "not" there... It happens to me many times.
    My account was suspended like 3 times after it was hacked(from security reasons of course) and after 3-4 days it was active again. Before it was suspended they sent me this email:

This account has now been suspended following an incident of unauthorized access. This is a temporary suspension which prevents anyone else from accessing your account and is taken to protect you from the further loss of characters or items, while we investigate and take any actions needed. Due to the nature of World of Warcraft, it is not possible to restore a character or account from a ‘backup’ and as a result, our investigation needs to be detailed and thorough.

And what's different? My account wasn't hacked before I got this ban that I talking about.
    Now if you've bothered reading up on the rules and regulations concerning things of your subject you probably would have come across this image on one of the pages on the WoW official site:

As you can see it starts off with suspensions, which you said you received multiple times. Quoted you for it too so you can't change your story like you did with the whole brother thing. As far as Blizzard's concerned, you've constantly pushed the limits and now you're sh*t out of luck. Have fun spending another $40-60 on a new cd key for an account. Also, here's the page with all the rules for account suspension and perma bans.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowaa/?id=aaa02010p

15+ Year Old Account

Did you read?
    GMs don't just arbitrarily suspend accounts and a suspension does constitute a ban, even if it is tempororary.  That's the nature of a suspension.  Your story shifts at every direction and you get openly hostile and defensive when people try to decipher what happened to you.  It's obvious you're deliberately not giving people the whole picture.  

GMs don't just ban people for the hell of it.  Make the phone call and get an explanation.  Any more time you waste here explaining and backpedaling only shows you have no real intent of getting an answer from Blizzard and that you're probably just posturing for sympathy.
    Diablo 3 Profile

From the start this guy's story sounded fishy. I'm almost 100% sure this guy more than likely is some idiot who bought a powerlvling service from IGE or someplace and logged on when the power leveler was working on his character. I've seen a guildy who was a good friend get caught and I told the idiot not to do it but I guess you can't help lazy people. I mean c'mon now, you're paying someone to level your character which is nothing more than pieces of data. If I'm right about this guy then I'm happy his account got hacked, another one bites the dust.
    Shinkou is ABSOLUTELY correct on this one. I have many times told people "Just play the game" but people are lazy and feel teh need to powerlevel/buy gold.

Tho it doesnt bother me any when people powerlevel or buy gold it DOES bother me when people the complain about getting banned.

I know people these days hate to read but for god's sake READ THE EULA!!!!! Theres just so many things you can get banned for and so many rules youd have to be a moron not to read it.

Just play the game, and you wont get banned.

I agree here also; you are permanently banned, anyone who read this post from the start knows that. Game over, or rather; All your base are NOT belong to us".

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster

Did you read?

GMs don't just arbitrarily suspend accounts and a suspension does constitute a ban, even if it is tempororary. That's the nature of a suspension. Your story shifts at every direction and you get openly hostile and defensive when people try to decipher what happened to you. It's obvious you're deliberately not giving people the whole picture.

GMs don't just ban people for the hell of it. Make the phone call and get an explanation. Any more time you waste here explaining and backpedaling only shows you have no real intent of getting an answer from Blizzard and that you're probably just posturing for sympathy.
    I agree here also; GMs dont ban people for fun. You have to have messed up....multiple times ...to get perma banned. Look at the little graphic thingy a few posts before.

Youre playing a game run by a multi-million dollar company who has 8 million accounts; they will not hesitate to ban people. Blizzard is intollerant of cheating and anyone who played NoX back in teh day when duping came out; it pretty much ruined the game and the company was quoted in a gaming magazine saying that if they were a bit more strict and banned people maybe they still be a top gaming company.