GG

Model Changing and there consequences.

Hey there, i've a question.
    well when i change my model from (a example) Human to Undead what Ban i get ? 3Day's or a permanently Ban ?

Thank's

Re: Model Changing and there consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by GG
    Hey there, i've a question.
    well when i change my model from (a example) Human to Undead what Ban i get ? 3Day's or a permanently Ban ?

Thank's
    Perma
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Just a question...

Is it possible to change your model just for you on your PC? Just so that I dont have to look at a tauren's back all the time. This would be a UI mod rather than an actual bannable offence.

Watch a Tauren rogue walk around = 1337 sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ297
    Just a question...

Is it possible to change your model just for you on your PC? Just so that I dont have to look at a tauren's back all the time. This would be a UI mod rather than an actual bannable offence.

thats what model changing is... if ur model changing something, its only on ur pc, and only you can see it. You can't change something server wide lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfury
    Just a question...

thats what model changing is... if ur model changing something, its only on ur pc, and only you can see it. You can't change something server wide lol.
    So why is that banable? only you can tell the difference... How is that any more cheating the KTM or Boss-Mods

you can replace camp fire with dark portals -> climbing the air
    or in naxx you were able to replace gates with ... anything small

a friend of mine got 72h ban for modelchanging..

Quote Originally Posted by Contrapax
    you can replace camp fire with dark portals -> climbing the air
    or in naxx you were able to replace gates with ... anything small

a friend of mine got 72h ban for modelchanging..
    You can set a mining node to be as big as a mountain, resaulting in...

Ahh so you can then mine the ore from a distance?

I still dont think I see how this affects anyone else other than your own gameplay...

I still dont think I see how this affects anyone else other than your own gameplay...
    Yes you will be able to farm from distance. I can't imagine why you can't see the real exploit here. You can SEE the nods from miles!!!

It is a bannable offence as you can alter things like WSG flags to be larger so you can easily track down your opponents. There are not exceptions, it's one rule for everyone. I've dabbled in it, but that's because Night Elf Druids fail.
    To be on the safe side- don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe

Yes you will be able to farm from distance. I can't imagine why you can't see the real exploit here. You can SEE the nods from miles!!!
    You wouldn't be able to mine from a distance, and scaling/sizing doesn't work unless you actually spend 3 hours modifying the model itself.

I'm fine with model swapping, but as for ore veins etc. no, I swapped pets awhile back on my warlock, had Kel'thuzad as my Imp (back when it was legal like last year pre 2.0.1)
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Quote Originally Posted by overneathe

You wouldn't be able to mine from a distance, and scaling/sizing doesn't work unless you actually spend 3 hours modifying the model itself.

I'm fine with model swapping, but as for ore veins etc. no, I swapped pets awhile back on my warlock, had Kel'thuzad as my Imp (back when it was legal like last year pre 2.0.1)
    WTB irony

Its 8am I should still be in bed.. lol

You cant see how model changing is cheating? Are you kidding me? While everyone is scouting the map for mining nodes, you can see them from a huge distance and beat everyone to it. Sure you cant mine from a distance but youll be able to spot every node from really far away. Stop messing with the game files and you wont get banned.

Deleted

Just a question...

Any way you can find to modify the game using the Interface/Addons folder is legal
    Any way you can find to modify the game using anything but the Interface/Addins folder is illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon
    Just a question...

Any way you can find to modify the game using the Interface/Addons folder is legal
    Any way you can find to modify the game using anything but the Interface/Addins folder is illegal
    True, just stick with the Interface/Addons and youll be fine.

model swapping players is fine to me, mining is cheating.

But the deal with mining is, even if you make their model bigger, it only helps if they are hidden behind something, their view distance is still the same, so its bad, but not that insanely omg rigged bad.. you aren't going to see ragnaros nodes from here to Stormwind, you'll still see them from the same distance as normal.

Model swapping players OR nodes isnt "fine"...if it was you wouldnt be banned for it. Read the EULA, you cannot alter any game files, no matter how innocent it looks, its still a violation. theres another post here today about a guy crying cause his account was banned. So many people thinks these violations are "innocent", then when you try to log in and get the banned message they come to forums to whine about it and found out "What happened".....if you get banned, read the EULA and you find out those "innocent" little things are what got you banned.