Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DKs Stealing Plate from Warriors?

Ok so Ive been reading some of the WotlK posts on the wow website. I read one yesterday, created by a warrior who said he was "disapointed" at Blizzard and that after WotlK there will be one more class to steal plate drops from warriors.

Being that I don't have a warrior, I have no opinion on this.

I have a tanking druid 70, healing shammy 70, and a healing pally also 70. I really enjoy tanking and plan on trying the DKs for 2 reasons:

1. Ive never played a real DPS class, always hybrids, so Im looking forward to trying a DPS class.
    2. My only tanking char is the druid and I kinda hate the inability to drink while tanking so Ill also try the DK for tanking after I try their DPS.

My question is, to warriors and pallies out there; will there be much hassle from those classes when a plate gear drops?

I still plan on following the standard rules that "most" players follow: If you are tanking adn a tanking item drops you roll need, if you are DPSing and a DPS piece drops you roll need...etc..etc.

Thoughts....

Re: DKs Stealing Plate from Warriors?

what a QQ, warriors where kinda alone in that they are the only onces needing on dps plate most of the time, ret pala's are pretty rare, cloth users have much more classes to share drops with... mages, priests, warlocks, and you see druids (restro/boomkin) and sometimes shamans and pala's in cloth dps/heal gear aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Azhrarn
    what a QQ
    /Signed

Nakanishi

warriors and paladins complaining about DK's taking their plate? hmm... maybe shamans/hunters should complain about paladins/warriors taking mail dps/healing items? or priests, mages, locks complaining about druid taking their cloth when they can use leather... and what the last guy said...

2 Things,

1: Cloth is shared between 3 classes, and there is many mages and locks.

2: We dont know what stats a DK wants he maybe wants int or maybe eheee... hmmm... spirit? The thing is we dont know.

Ok, the same thing i thought too, because i played (yes i delete my wow account, because no one on my realm needs a deftank^^ - but this is an another story).

But if you read a little bit more, than just one post of the blizzard forums so you should dont forget these informations:

Deathknights dont have Mana, Rage or Energy, they have their runes, so i think, that death knights cant use the most things not sufficent enough. What want a deathknight with int, if he have no mana?
    It should be possible, that a heroclass use complete new stats, because the hero classes are seperate classes and not a hybrid of existing ones.

well int gives spell crit for example, maybe int will lower the cd on the runes? who knows i as i said, i mean wrote we dont know...

Nope, they will actually steal paladin gear. QQ

15+ Year Old Account

dang shammies taking all the hunter gear too... QQ

lol

Welcome to the rest of the WoW classes that have to compete for gear.

They stated DKs will use Warrior itemization up through 70 (is what it sounded like) where they will then start having mostly their own itemization

Quote Originally Posted by zephy
    2 Things,

1: Cloth is shared between 3 classes, and there is many mages and locks.

2: We dont know what stats a DK wants he maybe wants int or maybe eheee... hmmm... spirit? The thing is we dont know.
    1: Cloth is shared between 6 classes. mage, lock, priest, druid (resto and balance), shaman (resto and elemental), and holypaly
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    1: Cloth is shared between 6 classes. mage, lock, priest, druid (resto and balance), shaman (resto and elemental), and holypaly
    Lawl.

Cool now we just need a 2 new classes that use Druid gear and we're set.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

ololol
    l2ninjaloot

Holy crap! I wasnt ever QQing and I get so many posts from people telling me to stop QQing? Noone here is crying guys...relax.

My question was simply directed to the warriors to know how they feel as I plan to roll a DK.

If half of you read my post carefully you know I stated I have a pally, druid and shammy.

My paladin is holy spec anyways so i never have to roll on tanking or DPS plate.

It surprises me how quickly people are to respond in such a harsh manner to these posts. Its only a game guys. Dont blow a coronary.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

What the hell?

IT's not even out yet, and people are already claiming theft..

Quote Originally Posted by Azhrarn
    what a QQ, warriors where kinda alone in that they are the only onces needing on dps plate most of the time, ret pala's are pretty rare, cloth users have much more classes to share drops with... mages, priests, warlocks, and you see druids (restro/boomkin) and sometimes shamans and pala's in cloth dps/heal gear aswell...
    No one is QQing, yet that is.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrap
    /Signed
    Again...no QQ here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakanishi
    warriors and paladins complaining about DK's taking their plate? hmm... maybe shamans/hunters should complain about paladins/warriors taking mail dps/healing items? or priests, mages, locks complaining about druid taking their cloth when they can use leather... and what the last guy said...
    Again..noone is complaining here.

Do you guys even read the post????

Calminaion

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Nope, they will actually steal paladin gear. QQ
    How do you figure that ?

Calminaion

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate
    What the hell?

IT's not even out yet, and people are already claiming theft..
    I'll say it first ... Death Knights are Overpowered ... Nerf Death Knights