Thread: Detect Magic

Detect Magic

Detect Magic removed. All players may now see their target's beneficial effects at all times
    Would not that be a bit... overpowered? No more rank 1 HoT to force people to dispell it and waste more mana than you.

I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Re: Detect Magic

maybe it doesnt show the rank of the spell and instead just shows there is one on the target.

not sure how the Detect Magic works really, never played a mage or bothered checking closely.
    On bosses in pve its like, amg, he got a buff, dispel, and i doubt the bosses got several ranks of their buffs. And i cant remember seeing detect magic in pvp ever

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    maybe it doesnt show the rank of the spell and instead just shows there is one on the target.

not sure how the Detect Magic works really, never played a mage or bothered checking closely.
    On bosses in pve its like, amg, he got a buff, dispel, and i doubt the bosses got several ranks of their buffs. And i cant remember seeing detect magic in pvp ever
    Actually DM is used more often in PVP as a buffer to the dispel of polymorph than as a PVE spell (although it was sometimes used in that capacity). A bit like detect invisibility and water breathing towards dispel.

good for mages, but it does seem a little OP, if someone spots a crazy buff on you just by remembering what the icon was, they could easily just pop it off you
    Free gold tomorrow!

15+ Year Old Account

Why is it whenever a change is made that effects someone in pvp it has to be OVERPOWERED.
    This is a change for PVE and for the better.
    So all you PVP fanbois, get over your QQ's and remember this game came out as predominately PVE.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

has it been updated now for 2.2? or is it coming 2.3? * and its only a mage thing right?
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

imo it's just another mage nerf.. detect magic is a one of the most underrated skills a mage has... especially against pally. and every "new" change is just gonna nerf out mages, barrier i.e. is spelldmg based but basically (mainly) used in pvp, where any gladi-mage has around 900- spelldmg. they took away most of the armor the s2-set had. i don't know...

Deleted

The main consequence i see for PvP would be knowing wether that lone player in 2vs2 arena is with a mage (under invis), druid or rogue just by looking at the buffs.
    It might also make the "your spells have x% chance to not be dispelled" somewhat more usefull, which would set PvP and PvE template a bit more appart.

As for PvE... well it'll only help the lazy stupid mages forgetting they have this and when to use it rather than buff the raid... In other words, taking the stupids by the hand by automating things instead of helping them to realise wheter ability X is usefull or not and when to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by schworck
    imo it's just another mage nerf.. detect magic is a one of the most underrated skills a mage has... especially against pally. and every "new" change is just gonna nerf out mages, barrier i.e. is spelldmg based but basically (mainly) used in pvp, where any gladi-mage has around 900- spelldmg. they took away most of the armor the s2-set had. i don't know...
    they taken away armor in return for slightly increased stats - i have only 2 merciless glad piees on my mage(gloves + legs) and i noticed a 50 hp change, 1 resilience, 4 spell dmg and a much needed buff in intellect ( i ALWAYS have mana problems in the arena) about an extra ~200 mana for 2 merc glad pieces
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias