PTR, unreleased content, comics

It's monday, don't forget that the Darkmoon Faire arrives today and will stay for one week. Hopefully, we should have the 2.3 on PTR this week ... if we're lucky.

PTR moving to another version ?
    According to this post by Tigerclaw, some issues with the sound engine will be resolved in post-2.2.3 releases. It seems that the 2.2.3 patch is only here to fix the most urgent bugs and we'll probably get the 2.3 soon.
    [blizzquote="Tigerclaw;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215642543&postId=22152176671&sid=1#37]Based on reports we have received, we have made some improvement with 2.2.3, but based on your report there are still some issues remaining which we will continue to work on for post 2.2.3 releases.[/blizzquote"]

World of Warcraft at the World Cyber Games ?
    It might happen. The selection for the World Cyber Games 2008 started and World of Warcraft is one of the candidates in the MMORPG category (along with Guild Wars, Ragnarok, and Warhammer Online). You can vote for your favorite game by following this link.

The "Unreleased items and things" special !
    I've been going through old news during the week end and noticed that a lot of things from the 2.1/2.2 patch are still unused, below are the most "important" changes that never really went live. I know it's news recycling for some of you, but 50% of the people here probably never saw these screenshots in all the 2.1 mess months ago, and it's still interesting in my opinion.

"Tier 5" Weapons
    2.1 Patch introduced the tier 5 weapons, they were very well designed to match the tier 5 set design, but 5 of them are still unused for the moment. (The others being [item=30883], [item=30910], [item=30918] and [item=32344]). I'm not really sure if Blizzard will include them in the 2.3 patch, but with all the people switching to T6-like gear during the Season 3 of the arena, it might be a bit too late.

Sets items icons
    Another forgotten feature for unknown reasons, maybe Blizzard never had the time to finish the art and decided to have people work on new and more important things instead. The Tier 6 icons included in the same patch have been released, so I'd say that the tier 4 and 5 icons just got cancelled. (But they might release them after tier 6, who knows, I guess it will makes a lot of people happy now that everyone is geared with tier 4 or tier 5 armor)

Illidari Runeshield !
    Yes, this shield is still on my mind, I got the stats by myself on the US PTR and I'm 100% sure that it's legit, but nobody could drop it on 2.2 live servers yet. Maybe it was an early addition to the 2.3 heroic rewards items, or Blizzard could have just decided to not release it. (They probably have good reasons in this case, maybe related to all the new items added for paladins in 2.3)

Comics
    Monday comics ! Dark Legacy does a preview of the 2.3 engineering flying mount and GUComics brings pandamonium to Azeroth !

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PTR, unreleased content, comics

Those t5 weapons look nice indeed. Any idea about which bosses in SSC/TK will drop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Asaki
    Those t5 weapons look nice indeed. Any idea about which bosses in SSC/TK will drop them?
    Did you read the post or just look at the pictures? SSC/TK have been out since the expansion came out and their items have been the same since then (barring a few rings here and there). The other "t5" weapons that are in game actually drop from T6 instances (HJ/BT) these don't exist but Boubouille was inferring that they could be the new arena weapons or perhaps zul'aman drops.

Anyway you have the MH/OH on the shaman picture in the wrong hands.

Damn, someone noticed it.

I fixed it in a later screenshot but didn't find it

This will most likely be the:
    Promised warrior dps sword.
    Legendary bow.
    Melee shaman claws.
    Yet another spell power dagger/sword.
    And the all famous support rogue fist weapons.
    Most likely all will loot from Zul'Aman.

They're all still hawt tho.

ew I hope thats not the legendary bow..
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    ew I hope thats not the legendary bow..
    Zul'Aman IS T4 superiour so...

but < T5 =/

I personally cant wait to try it out... i love 10 mans... i LOVED UBRS back pre-TBC.... I love Karazhan and i have very been expections to Zul Aman as well

where are the T4 and T5 shaman icons ??? :-[

seeing as the other T5 weps were in hyjal/bt i wouldnt imagine that they would downgrade two instance lvls to add the other ones. It is a possibility that they will be added to ZA, but i see it more likely that they will be drops from the Sunwell Plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    seeing as the other T5 weps were in hyjal/bt i wouldnt imagine that they would downgrade two instance lvls to add the other ones. It is a possibility that they will be added to ZA, but i see it more likely that they will be drops from the Sunwell Plateau.
    To fit T5...?

I was thinking Sunwell for the Tier 6 weaps also.

Otherwise what will they have dropping in Sunwell - T7???

My bad - they're T5 weaps - yeah ZA would make the most sense.

Certainly give SSC/The Eye 25 man teams a reason to go back and do ZA...

Sunwell Plateau will most likely include 4th coloring of T6 items OR completely new loot.
    I'm just crossing my fingers for Blizz to be nice guys...

One of these day Blizzard will creat an armor set and start doing numerals on them to distinguish them, e.g.:

chest with a "MVII" - Mage Tier 7
    Blade with a RVIII - Rogue Tier 8
    Shoulders with a WIX - Warrior Tier 9 (except for orcs that will only have VI> due to a smaller size :P)

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Sunwell Plateau will most likely include 4th coloring of T6 items
    What was the 3rd colouring btw?

T6, S3 & ?

Thanks, Sent

Quote Originally Posted by Thesentinel
    What was the 3rd colouring btw?

T6, S3 & ?

Thanks, Sent
    PVE nonset drops from T6 instances.

Nice - love the Pally T6 - one more reason to get to MH & BT...

What are the paths to find those icons in the game's files by chance?