Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is indeed true... Heart of the Wild in cat form will be changed from 20% STR to 10% AP.

    In addition there will be changes to Items that granted bonus attack power in Cat, Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms. These items have been re-evaluated and in almost all cases, the attack power on the item has been increased. This change corrects an issue where feral weapon damage was not keeping up with other classes in its rate of increase.

  2. #2

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Synneth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is indeed true... Heart of the Wild in cat form will be changed from 20% STR to 10% AP.

    In addition there will be changes to Items that granted bonus attack power in Cat, Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms. These items have been re-evaluated and in almost all cases, the attack power on the item has been increased. This change corrects an issue where feral weapon damage was not keeping up with other classes in its rate of increase.
    >_> Does this mean i should be stacking +AP instead of +str gems.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

  4. #4

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542
    >_> Does this mean i should be stacking +AP instead of +str gems.
    ...

  5. #5

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    damned, got my stuff full +8 str too :'(
    it's time to resp rogue

  6. #6
    Moderator Nyanmaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eschborn
    Posts
    5,186

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542
    >_> Does this mean i should be stacking +AP instead of +str gems.
    No...

    Unless AP is affected by Survival of the Fittest, think about it...
    Strength will always yield more Feral AP than pure AP.

    1 STR - now: 2,72AP - then: 2,49AP
    1 AGI - now: 1,13AP - then: 1,25AP
    2 AP - now: 2AP - then: 2,4AP

    With the changes to druid items that noone yet knows about one really can't say if it's a nerf or a buff, currently it's just a shift kinda, let's wait and see...

  7. #7

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    with the change non-set leather (rogue) items is more viable for druids as those often got agi/stam/ap
    also +str gems and enchants will always be better as they scale with BoK aswell.

  8. #8

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542
    >_> Does this mean i should be stacking +AP instead of +str gems.
    No. You should already be stacking agi gems (and enchants) not str. Patch 2.3 will only increase the desire for agi over str.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nye
    No...

    Unless AP is affected by Survival of the Fittest, think about it...
    Strength will always yield more Feral AP than pure AP.

    1 STR - now: 2,72AP - then: 2,49AP
    1 AGI - now: 1,13AP - then: 1,25AP
    2 AP - now: 2AP - then: 2,4AP

    With the changes to druid items that noone yet knows about one really can't say if it's a nerf or a buff, currently it's just a shift kinda, let's wait and see...
    ..... what?!

    1 Str - Now: 2.74 AP || 2.3: 2.266 AP
    1 Agi - Now: 1 AP || 2.3: 1.133 AP
    1 AP - Now: 1 AP || 2.3: 1.1 AP


    (Assuming 3/3 SotF and 5/5 HotW)

  9. #9

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by rky4987
    No. You should already be stacking agi gems (and enchants) not str. Patch 2.3 will only increase the desire for agi over str.

    ..... what?!

    1 Str - Now: 2.74 AP || 2.3: 2.266 AP
    1 Agi - Now: 1 AP || 2.3: 1.133 AP
    1 AP - Now: 1 AP || 2.3: 1.1 AP

    (Assuming 3/3 SotF and 5/5 HotW)
    Previous values are (approximately) correct assuming BoK also.

  10. #10
    Moderator Nyanmaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eschborn
    Posts
    5,186

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    @rky4987:
    As stated by darkphilosopher, get Kings on, it just stretches the gap more in favor for strength.
    Please use 2 AP and not just 1 AP, because in Blizzards item values they use to make 2 AP use the same points as 1 STR (e.g. check the gems, 8 STR or 16 AP etc.)

    Solo PvE -> it's just no difference, winning or loosing 100 AP, spending 1 second more per mob...
    Raid PvE -> You got Kings
    Arena + BG PvP -> I got no clue of druid itemization here

    But once again: Let's wait till it hits the PTR so we can check the real difference on our own.

  11. #11

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by rky4987
    No. You should already be stacking agi gems (and enchants) not str. Patch 2.3 will only increase the desire for agi over str.
    http://web.mac.com/sven_schmidt/AnuBear/Welcome.html
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

  12. #12

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Although the relative flat DPS increase between equal gains of str and agi is negilible, crit reactive or dependent abilties and items like Predatory Instincts, Primal Fury, Brutal Earthstorm Diamond, or Hourglass of the Unraveler all contribute more to your DPS when you crit more.

    So if you can gain 100 str, or 100 agi agi, and the flat DPS increase is for all intents and purposes the same, you'll still be procing/ making use of the above abilties and items 4.12% more, which is going to contribute significantly.

    That said, you should of course never focus solely on any stat, and there should be a balance of str and agi, but when it comes down to choosing one or the other, it's agi.



    And yeah, I didn't account for kings. My mistake, I wasn't paying close enough attention.

  13. #13

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by rky4987
    Although the relative flat DPS increase between equal gains of str and agi is negilible, crit reactive or dependent abilties and items like Predatory Instincts, Primal Fury, Brutal Earthstorm Diamond, or Hourglass of the Unraveler all contribute more to your DPS when you crit more.

    So if you can gain 100 str, or 100 agi agi, and the flat DPS increase is for all intents and purposes the same, you'll still be procing/ making use of the above abilties and items 4.12% more, which is going to contribute significantly.

    That said, you should of course never focus solely on any stat, and there should be a balance of str and agi, but when it comes down to choosing one or the other, it's agi.



    And yeah, I didn't account for kings. My mistake, I wasn't paying close enough attention.
    I like where my crit% is so i prefer to stack Str.
    That being said, most of my enchants are agi.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

  14. #14

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    waiting for new FAP-stats.
    the end result will be depending on them.

  15. #15

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    As if Druids couldn't already out-DPS Rogues/Mages, out-heal priests, and out-tank Warriors in 5 mans...

    They are getting beefed :
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

  16. #16

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    As if Druids couldn't already out-DPS Rogues/Mages, out-heal priests, and out-tank Warriors in 5 mans...

    They are getting beefed :
    And all that at the sametime with their 41/41/41 spec

    And like you said in 5man, once people get geared with raid gears, druid fall in the back (just like before TBC)
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  17. #17

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    They still make great offtanks.

    The fact is you should be mediocore in all things, not speccing to be amazing in one and mediocore in the rest, if anything taking a feral talent should give you a reduction in healing, or a cooldown increase on moonfire, or something to prove "you are going down this path and sticking to it".

    The game breaks down into this roughly..

    Magic Damage, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage, Tanking, Healing Direct, Healing Party (Spot Healing), Healing Over Time, Damage over Time/Debuff, Crowd Control, and Survivability.

    Lets take a normal class, a Mage for example, specc'd Ice.

    Magic Damage: A
    Melee Damage: F
    Ranged Damage: F
    Tanking: F-
    Healing Direct: F
    Healing Party: F
    Healing Over Time: F
    Damage over Time/Debuff: D
    Crowd Control: A
    Survivability: B

    Let's take a Druid, specc'd Balance for this example.

    Magic Damage: A
    Melee Damage: D-
    Ranged Damage: F
    Tanking: D-
    Healing Direct: C
    Healing Party: C+
    Healing over Time: C+
    Damage over Time/Debuff: C
    Crowd Control: B
    Survivability: B

    Highlights Mage Main Quality compared to Druid
    Highlights Mage Failing Qualities (things I can't do at all)

    See the issue here? You are suppose to be versatile so you can do everything, but be a jack of all trades and master of none. Your druid is 4x more versatile and flexible, not just because of flexibility, but because you are able to do just as well in what I do best PLUS everything else!
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

  18. #18

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP from +20% strength

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    They still make great offtanks.

    The fact is you should be mediocore in all things, not speccing to be amazing in one and mediocore in the rest, if anything taking a feral talent should give you a reduction in healing, or a cooldown increase on moonfire, or something to prove "you are going down this path and sticking to it".

    The game breaks down into this roughly..

    Magic Damage, Melee Damage, Ranged Damage, Tanking, Healing Direct, Healing Party (Spot Healing), Healing Over Time, Damage over Time/Debuff, Crowd Control, and Survivability.

    Lets take a normal class, a Mage for example, specc'd Ice.

    Magic Damage: A
    Melee Damage: F
    Ranged Damage: F
    Tanking: F-
    Healing Direct: F
    Healing Party: F
    Healing Over Time: F
    Damage over Time/Debuff: D
    Crowd Control: A
    Survivability: B

    Let's take a Druid, specc'd Balance for this example.

    Magic Damage: A
    Melee Damage: D-
    Ranged Damage: F
    Tanking: D-
    Healing Direct: C
    Healing Party: C+
    Healing over Time: C+
    Damage over Time/Debuff: C
    Crowd Control: B
    Survivability: B

    Highlights Mage Main Quality compared to Druid
    Highlights Mage Failing Qualities (things I can't do at all)

    See the issue here? You are suppose to be versatile so you can do everything, but be a jack of all trades and master of none. Your druid is 4x more versatile and flexible, not just because of flexibility, but because you are able to do just as well in what I do best PLUS everything else!
    Sounds like a moonkin stole your loots and your pissy about it honestly. If a druid spec balance, he is expected to do magical damage ON PAR with other casters.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

  19. #19

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP

    Pfft I don't raid anymore, and none of the Moonkin I know steal mage loot, they use the loot Blizzard gave them =p

    and no you should be able to do magical damage just fine, the issue lies in the fact you can also heal/spot heal/HOT.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

  20. #20

    Re: Druid: Heart of the Wild changed to +10% AP

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Pfft I don't raid anymore, and none of the Moonkin I know steal mage loot, they use the loot Blizzard gave them =p

    and no you should be able to do magical damage just fine, the issue lies in the fact you can also heal/spot heal/HOT.
    Do you mean the teir gear and the non exsistant other leather caster gear?

    Hmm, OMG I CAN HEAL, but I can't effectly CC, nor do I have the 5x more spells give me the magical dps versitlity a mage does. You have 3 solid trees with 3 types of magical damage all which have their own spells.

    I've got 5, moonfire, insect swarm, wrath, starfire, hurricane.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •