2.2.3 in Europe, engineering flying mount

Patch 2.2.3 is being deployed in Europe, 2.3 isn't on PTRs yet, blue posts aren't really interesting, and there isn't any WotLK Beta. (I heard a lot of mails were sent again yesterday, they're fake and you will end up losing your account). There was a few changes to the item tooltips code on the site, if you can't see the tooltip on this : [item=35001] please report in comments (the icon is missing on purpose). Stay tuned for the 2.3.

Patch Mirrors
    As usual, I downloaded the patch from the downloader and it should be fairly safe, but of course you should use Blizzard Downloader if you think it's safer.
    WoW-2.2.2.7318-to-2.2.3.7359-enUS-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.2.2.7318-to-2.2.3.7359-enGB-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.2.2.7318-to-2.2.3.7359-deDE-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.2.2.7318-to-2.2.3.7359-frFR-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.2.2.7318-to-2.2.3.7359-esES-patch.exe [Download]

Caster meta-gem in 2.3
    [blizzquote="Cerunya;http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1153026858&pageNo=1&sid=3#2]The new caster metagem will increase the spell critical rating by 12 and the critical strike damage by 3%. Keep in mind that it still can change.[/blizzquote"]

Engineering flying mount upgradeable
    You will have to buy the normal flying mount before you can upgrade it to epic, and it will look great.
    [blizzquote="Drysc;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2215494583&postId=22876443219&sid=1#59]You'll first have to create the non-epic, and then upgrade it to the epic version. I think we planned the mats to be around 500g in total once you complete the epic version, but I could be wrong on that. It's worth it though. I wish I had an engineer after getting to see it. Hands down, in my opinion, the best flying mount in the game.[/blizzquote"]

2.3 PTR Wars : A New Hope
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    The 2.2.3 PTR is now closed, thank you all for participating. We will be preparing for the 2.3 PTR soon, an announcement will be made when it starts.

Until then you should all delete your wowtest folder from within the World of Warcraft directory to assure that you have no problems with the new client.
    Something to replace the old Dalaran ?
    At least it shouldn't change too much, Kirin Tor is still in charge. (This was in a fairly humoristic post though, but it's not like it gives tons of information)
    [blizzquote="Bornakk;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2288019758&postId=22876442769&sid=1#8]The land that Dalaran currently resides on is still claimed by the Kirin Tor and they have announced that it is not for sale.[/blizzquote"]

No other zones revamped
    Dustwallow Marsh is the only one for the moment, I guess it will be enough to help with the leveling.
    [blizzquote="Drysc;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2288089977&postId=22876446239&sid=1#2]Hrm, I believe there may have been mention of a few other zones we would like to look at polishing up, but for now we have no announced plans for future zone revisions outside of Dustwallow Marsh in 2.3.[/blizzquote"]

Gnomeregan on the list too
    Gnomeregan level range has been retuned too, but by now I think we all understood that they retuned every single Pre-BC dungeon.
    [blizzquote="Bornakk;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2288079921&postId=22877844548&sid=1#1]If by "fix" you mean refocusing the dungeon to fit a smaller level range like the example we gave for Shadowfang Keep, then yes, Gnomeregan is on the list too.[/blizzquote"]

Comics
    Slow news day means ... comics !

Re: 2.2.3 in Europe, engineering flying mount

Gnomeregan Changes?! Finally! I've been waiting years to have that instance changed! Even if its just the level range! Whoo... /endsarcasm

Does anyone even run gnomer. anymore? I skipped it on evvvvery single one of my alts : /

Grats to you engies. Having a Bluepost Saying yalls mount is the coolest in the game, you guys diserved it!

Edit for dumbness

Even though I have all the mounts to date,(At least the important ones) I would like to make the mount for my engineer. The only prob is its one more mount to add to bag space. Its not as if hunters get bag space as it is. Which brings me to 2.3 CE Hippogryph... I would get it if A: I didnt have to waste 2k and B: if it wasnt an alliance looking mount. Did get my Ram but prolly passing on CE one for my toons.

The new caster metagem will increase the spell critical rating by 12 and the critical strike damage by 3%. Keep in mind that it still can change.
    hm, does this effect healing spells too ? crit heals 3% more? :/

It better not require 375 skill! :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla
    the epic version will.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDiaz
    the epic version will.
    Epic version?

75 (ground mount) -> 150 (epic ground mount) -> 225 (flyer) -> 300 (epic flyer)

Xera: they are, I believe, referring to the engineering skill level required to craft and/or use the mounts.

If I were to wager, I'd bet that the normal flyer will require an eng skill of 350 to craft and use, and the epic flyer will require eng skill of 375 to craft and use, and that both will be bound on pickup. I would be very surprised if primal nethers were not in the mats list for the epic flyer. Glad I have some in the bank - and very glad gnomes get +15 eng; the armory lists my warrior at 376 / 375.

It is better to require it. I want some useful stuff for my 375 skills damnit.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    It is better to require it. I want some useful stuff for my 375 skills damnit.
    I have had no reason to level past 350, but I got to 365 crafting 2 pairs of goggles. At least the PTR will give me time to lvl to 375 if I need to :

I can't wait to see what this thing looks like! Boubouille don't know yet?

I have had no reason to level past 350, but I got to 365 crafting 2 pairs of goggles. At least the PTR will give me time to lvl to 375 if I need to :

I can't wait to see what this thing looks like! Boubouille don't know yet?
    NOBODY KNOWS
    Hot damn, stop asking people >.<

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Formuladrixx

You didnt quote what Drsyc said about the eng mount not requiring any nethers or vortexes? Thats pretty important, i would think. Not to mention, i am one happy engineer.

9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

15+ Year Old Account

yeh the mount is pretty sick..