Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2.3 Possible hutner changes.

deadzone

We're planning to shrink the min range on ranged attacks to reduce or eliminate the "dead zone". The only point to the dead zone was to ensure the min range on ranged weapons was enough such that ranged weapon attacks wouldn't be used while also being melee'd (at least by mobs... players have a bit of slush built in).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...id=1&pageNo=15

Mortal Strike effect to aimed shot

2.3 will be up on the PTR for quite some time. Several classes are likely to get more changes before 2.3 goes live, it's just a question of which changes (ie: we're still considering the mortal strike effect for aimed shot for hunters, among other possibilities).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

Disarming shot

http://wowhead.com/?spell=43946
    http://thottbot.com/test/s43946

Re: 2.3 Possible hutner changes.

If it goes ahead, the removal of the deadzone will certainly raise some interesting issues in PVP, particularly for mages (the most apt "exploiters" of it).

I wonder how Blizz would balance out a class that was built quite around it.

But Hunters do need an help in the arenas. Don't know if the removal of the DZ is the solution.

tbh despite those changes, equal geared hunters would still be easy to beat on all of my chars
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

MS on Aimed Shot, a 3.5 Sec Cast? What the heck is this supposed to mean?
    Perhaps better on some "useful" Issues, such as Eye of the Beast :.
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Exactly. Dont know what the heck is Blizz trying to do with the MS on AS. Reduce the deadzone and add the disarming shot... that would be a nice buff for us in the arenas.

re: frosty - I guess all your chars are locks :P

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    tbh despite those changes, equal geared hunters would still be easy to beat on all of my chars
    New arcane shot can dispell ice block and soul link .think again to kill new hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by meadow
    MS on Aimed Shot, a 3.5 Sec Cast? What the heck is this supposed to mean?
    Perhaps better on some "useful" Issues, such as Eye of the Beast :.
    Theyve mentioned they'd change Aimed Shot in such a way that it becomes useful if theyre going to implement it :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalgan
    Yes, we'd be making several changes to aimed shot in the process if we decided to go with that change.

come on.. from a mages pov removing the dead zone male hunter just one more class impossible to beat. if they can dispell with arcane shots, and keep shooting out of every distance it WILL be impossible. depending on the specc it'S impossible to actually cast anything else but your instants, which have cd of 8 and 10 secs and one nova/lance.combo every 15 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by schworck
    come on.. from a mages pov removing the dead zone male hunter just one more class impossible to beat. if they can dispell with arcane shots, and keep shooting out of every distance it WILL be impossible. depending on the specc it'S impossible to actually cast anything else but your instants, which have cd of 8 and 10 secs and one nova/lance.combo every 15 ^^

Yeah, hunters will join the "impossible to kill" list along with warlocks for mages. The deadzone is the only chance a mage has to take out a hunter with. Hell, even with the deadzone, against a BM hunter, it's gg.

Outside the deadzone, it is straight up impossible for a mage to kill a hunter. Without a deadzone, I really don't know what a mage can do. Unless you're PoM Pyro and are lucky enough to crit.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Yeah, hunters will join the "impossible to kill" list along with warlocks for mages. The deadzone is the only chance a mage has to take out a hunter with. Hell, even with the deadzone, against a BM hunter, it's gg.

Outside the deadzone, it is straight up impossible for a mage to kill a hunter. Without a deadzone, I really don't know what a mage can do. Unless you're PoM Pyro and are lucky enough to crit.
    moron
    Hunters are the ONLY class that is limited so much by class mechanics. NO OTHER class can be rendered completely useless this easy.
    keep in mind that they probably wont remove the daeadzone completely, i suppose its going to be like that

Current:
    <Hunter><-----Melee-range-----><-Deadzone (5-8m)-><-------shoot-range (8-35/41m)------->

Supposed change:
    <Hunter><-----Melee-range-----><-------shoot-range (5-35/41m)---------------------------->

so, if its going to be like this we can melee OR range, but not both. "AMG HES SH00TZ ME TEH AIMED CRITZS IN MAH FACE!!!!1111111" is most likely not going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Jivo
    moron
    Hunters are the ONLY class that is limited so much by class mechanics. NO OTHER class can be rendered completely useless this easy.
    keep in mind that they probably wont remove the daeadzone completely, i suppose its going to be like that

Current:
    <Hunter><-----Melee-range-----><-Deadzone (5-8m)-><-------shoot-range (8-35/41m)------->

Supposed change:
    <Hunter><-----Melee-range-----><-------shoot-range (5-35/41m)---------------------------->

so, if its going to be like this we can melee OR range, but not both. "AMG HES SH00TZ ME TEH AIMED CRITZS IN MAH FACE!!!!1111111" is most likely not going to happen...
    That (bold) is actually not correct. AFAIK all melee classes share that mechanism. Thing is most of them do not care about shoot range, as they are meleers - so in that sense they can be rendered useless far easily.

Anyway, fact is that hunters have been balanced around having a dead zone. If it is removed, I guess some rebalancing will have to happen - namely to traps (increased arming time? higher CD?), and melee damage (raptor strike dmg down by a significant amount?). Although hunters need help on the arenas, most of the problem lies with the arenas themselves, and the changes should not affect other PVP areas, such as BGs, where hunters already do quite well, maybe too well...

that y i said "form a mages pov"....

sure hunters are limited .. but certainly not more than a mage is^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jivo
    So wrong... ALL melee classes are limited.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    That (bold) is actually not correct. AFAIK all melee classes share that mechanism. Thing is most of them do not care about shoot range, as they are meleers - so in that sense they can be rendered useless far easily.

Anyway, fact is that hunters have been balanced around having a dead zone. If it is removed, I guess some rebalancing will have to happen - namely to traps (increased arming time? higher CD?), and melee damage (raptor strike dmg down by a significant amount?). Although hunters need help on the arenas, most of the problem lies with the arenas themselves, and the changes should not affect other PVP areas, such as BGs, where hunters already do quite well, maybe too well...

Hunter Melee after level 40 falls off dramatically and becomes a joke to be honest. Traps are vary avoidable so dont bring that up at all. All it does is forces Mages/Warlocks/Shadow Priests to make a decision.. Gimped melee Damage or Volly of Arrows. You will have to take some damage but you will not be able to solo us freely like you use to. I know alot of Mages/Warlocks/SP's some of them on 2000+ arena teams they all say the same thing "Hunters are by far my easiest kill anymore", I remeber when they use to say that about Warriors and Rogues
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by wimi
    So wrong... ALL melee classes are limited.
    Yes?
    How do you as a rogue, warrior or Feral Druid deal damage, when u're hold on 6m with hamstring or other slowdowns and your Insignia is on CD? Spontaneously I remember these skills:
    Warrior: Charge
    Rogue: Sprint, CoS (and perhaps this slowing throw, no idea of its name and if its affected of dead Range)
    Feral Druid: Bearform Charge or just Shapeshift or less effective Moonfire (or entangle/cyclone, no escape anymore)

Hunter: Bestial Wrath, a 41 point Skill in BM Tree with 2 Mins CD which removes all slowing effects. That's it, no more skills and no chance to deal damage, exept the Pet, which is more like a DoT, than like a DD and our Imba Volley.
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

Quote Originally Posted by meadow
    Yes?
    How do you as a rogue, warrior or Feral Druid deal damage, when u're hold on 6m with hamstring or other slowdowns and your Insignia is on CD? Spontaneously I remember these skills:
    Warrior: Charge
    Rogue: Sprint, CoS (and perhaps this slowing throw, no idea of its name and if its affected of dead Range)
    Feral Druid: Bearform Charge or just Shapeshift or less effective Moonfire (or entangle/cyclone, no escape anymore)

Hunter: Bestial Wrath, a 41 point Skill in BM Tree with 2 Mins CD which removes all slowing effects. That's it, no more skills and no chance to deal damage, exept the Pet, which is more like a DoT, than like a DD and our Imba Volley.
    thats why hutner fail... too many hunter are perfect stupid .. nothing personnal but think before writing crap like that.

why you think hutner should be able to beat every class ? they are cloth killer class not plate killing. and hutner got good chance agaisnt rogue if they know how to play.

wow you struggle vs only warrior which all Arena team got, see the reason why hutner fail in arena ? go back to your BG easy honor grinding afk killing crap. and go to arena when youll know that hunter are meant for 3vs3

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Hunter Melee after level 40 falls off dramatically and becomes a joke to be honest. Traps are vary avoidable so dont bring that up at all. All it does is forces Mages/Warlocks/Shadow Priests to make a decision.. Gimped melee Damage or Volly of Arrows. You will have to take some damage but you will not be able to solo us freely like you use to. I know alot of Mages/Warlocks/SP's some of them on 2000+ arena teams they all say the same thing "Hunters are by far my easiest kill anymore", I remeber when they use to say that about Warriors and Rogues
    Traps are very avoidable.. so is the deadzone, right? If the player can avoid the trap, you can avoid him to be in the deadzone.. ust sometimes you can't.

And I'd be far more impressed that the Mages/Warlocks/SP's you know were on the 1200 bracket :P

Anyway, ust curious, are you saying that a BM hunter is a free kill for a mage, as of now?

15+ Year Old Account

hunters had many problems with the class as a whole and i think these changes were needed and that the game is slowly getting more balence as this will be a huge factor for arenas weather you want to deny it or not.

btw no i am not a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by gathriel
    Exactly. Dont know what the heck is Blizz trying to do with the MS on AS. Reduce the deadzone and add the disarming shot... that would be a nice buff for us in the arenas.

re: frosty - I guess all your chars are locks :P
    nah frost mage, lock and warrior ^^
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by schworck

i have a frost mage too, and my point of view is that it is a much needed buff as huneters were far too easy to kill before, and removing the deadzone will deffinately not make it anywhere near impossible for me to kill a hunter, and as a frost mage BM hunters = lol xD