Thread: Season 3

Season 3

Since they are saying 2.3 is going to be extended for some time,...does that mean season 3 is a long time away? If so, is it a good idea to spend 3750 arena points now, or is there still a chance s3 will come a bit early. Any info is appreciated.

Re: Season 3

I guess you're going to buy a weapon with them, so why not wait S3 and get the new version? Unless you can't due to the rating of course.
    The price reduction could also be useful anyway, to buy the S2 weapon on S3, but it'll probably take 3 or more weeks to it (just my best guess) so you could as well buy now and get some points back in the next weeks. All depends on your need for it if you ask me.

Secretive

It's going to be December before you see Season 3 I'd estimate.

If you need the gear, and if it'll help you in your progress, buy the gear. There's several weeks, a month at the VERY least, and that's enough time to rack up almost 2000 points at an average-ish rating.

i agree with about 1 - 2 months aswell so spend abit now, especially if you are aiming for a certain title before the new season
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

15+ Year Old Account

it has been stated by a blizzaed dev that season 3 WILL NOT start with patch 2.3. Ill try to find the scource if i can.

I don't think it'll be that long, they said they had done a lot of testing of the patch while 2.2 was on the PTR, internally that is, I think it'll be a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedfury
    it has been stated by a blizzaed dev that season 3 WILL NOT start with patch 2.3. Ill try to find the scource if i can.

Indeed this is true. This was informed in blue post few days ago.

When season 3 begins. Patch 2.3 will be patching in the season 3 rewards, but may not mark the actual start of the season. We'll let everyone know at least a couple weeks before it's scheduled to start

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...56815&sid=1#18 - In post 18.

For me this means that we will be able to buy those rating required items with ratings we have now in our teams. I can be 100% wrong but also 100% right.

- Nikzu

does it mean that we will be able to use the s3 items before s3 starts, so people could get the title with s3 gear etc...? hope not... :-[
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    does it mean that we will be able to use the s3 items before s3 starts, so people could ge tht title with s3 gear etc...? hope not...
    I'm not sure what you are trying to typo there but you dont need any titles and ratings to use them, just to buy them.

What he means is will you be able to use the Season 3 items upon patch, rather than wait for the official Season 3 start + point reset.

To that I would assume no. What they meant was that they'll be including in the 2.3 data, but the season itself probably wouldn't be unlocked until an official Season 3 start a bit later (perhaps a mini patch, if I recall correctly it's how S2 started).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikzu
    I'm not sure what you are trying to typo there but you dont need any titles and ratings to use them, just to buy them.
    actually the rating is printed on the item as a requirement under lvl 70 so they should need that rating to be equipped

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_shaman
    actually the rating is printed on the item as a requirement under lvl 70 so they should need that rating to be equipped
    No? Blizzard said that you just need the rating to buy those weps. You dont have to have that 1850 everytime you equip the weapon.

Remind: https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...eNo=1&sid=1#10

So you actually just need the rating to buy those not to use them.

Secretive

Using S3 gear before S3 commences? Not a snowball's chance that's going to happen.

It doesn't really matter, S3 comes to us when it comes to us, and it will definitely not be in November, I'd bet 5000 Arena points on it =)

well that's still slightly discomforting, there are lots of snowballs at this time of year

out of curiousity can i get a definaty answer from a person or 2, it says on weapons and shoulder slot items that you need a "personal rating" not a "team rating" can this be redefined as just be on one of your 3 teams such as 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5, and have the rating of 1850 and or 2000 + as well as 30% played, or do you need more % played in this situation. thanks gents.

-ali.

I only ever saw a blue post saying a Personal Rating of 1850 or 2000 was needed to buy the items. I don't think a team rating of that high is required, but, if you think about it, it would be difficult to get a personal rating that high without having a team rating that high, eh?

thanks for not answering the question...

Quote Originally Posted by allison1
    out of curiousity can i get a definaty answer from a person or 2, it says on weapons and shoulder slot items that you need a "personal rating" not a "team rating" can this be redefined as just be on one of your 3 teams such as 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5, and have the rating of 1850 and or 2000 + as well as 30% played, or do you need more % played in this situation. thanks gents.

-ali.
    As of now, and as far as I can tell from being on the PTR, you do not need to have a % played to meet the purchasing requirements. As long as you reach that personal rating you are fine.