15+ Year Old Account

Enhancement Shaman Flametongue And spelldmg

Have any well geared enhancement shaman tried to use flametongue weapon buff on the offhand weapon and compare it vs windfury on the offhand weapon?

Flametongue weapon buff gets benefit from spelldamage and a well geared enhancement shaman will have base spelldamage of 450+strengthtotem*2*30%+10%ap*30% and so on.

I intend to test it tonight, if someone has done that test already plz enlighten us in this topic

Re: Enhancement Shaman Flametongue And spelldmg

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc
    WF should never be on ur offhand. Because of what they did to WF its no longer the best DPS method to do WF on both weapons(50% less dmg b/c it's on ur OH and the 3 second nerf). I use frostbrand because i haven't found a really slow OH yet. The slower your weapon is, the better flametounge will be.
    You really have no idea of what you are talking about...

1) At the moment, WF on offhand is better than FT.
    2) If you have high +dmg, faster weapon with FT is better than a slow weapon.
    3) Who the hell use frostband?! Rockbiter while you are at it?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

If you stack spell damage then yes, it will be better. But from what i have seen WF doesn't work for me. Just my opinion, you don't have to listen to me or insult me.

WF should never be on ur offhand. Because of what they did to WF its no longer the best DPS method to do WF on both weapons(50% less dmg b/c it's on ur OH and the 3 second nerf). I use frostbrand because i haven't found a really slow OH yet. The slower your weapon is, the better flametounge will be.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz
    A+ ty very good forum...

15+ Year Old Account

Ok i did my dps tests yesterday night,

i was at 1911attack power stable, with a trinket proc-ing to 2211, occasionaly

i did 1.000.000 dmg on the poor blastedlands mob, using Windfury buff on my mh [item]syphon of the nathrezim[/item] and flametongue buff on my offhand [item]Merciless Gladiator Cleaver[/item]
    I was about 905dps on just autohiting and retoteming

I did 1.000.000 dmg again on the poor blasted lands mob, using Windfury buff on my mh [item]syphon of the nathrezim[/item] and Windfury buff on my offhand [item]Merciless Gladiator Cleaver[/item]
    I was about 960dps on just autohiting and retoteming.

Whatever 6 or 7% less damage, flametongue weapon buff is not as good as windfury buff on the offhand even with 573-663 spelldmg from attack power

bit offtopic but wich blastedland mob is that u tested on ??

Deleted

there are several types of mobs, they are all name "servant of xxx"
    their hp stops to fall at 1%, making them unkillable.
    theri is a related quest though, if you have it you can kill tham

15+ Year Old Account

i remember when you could kite those things to major cities...but thats blizzard for you , ruining our fun....

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula
    Ok i did my dps tests yesterday night,

i was at 1911attack power stable, with a trinket proc-ing to 2211, occasionaly

i did 1.000.000 dmg on the poor blastedlands mob, using Windfury buff on my mh [item]syphon of the nathrezim[/item] and flametongue buff on my offhand [item]Merciless Gladiator Cleaver[/item]
    I was about 905dps on just autohiting and retoteming

I did 1.000.000 dmg again on the poor blasted lands mob, using Windfury buff on my mh [item]syphon of the nathrezim[/item] and Windfury buff on my offhand [item]Merciless Gladiator Cleaver[/item]
    I was about 960dps on just autohiting and retoteming.

Whatever 6 or 7% less damage, flametongue weapon buff is not as good as windfury buff on the offhand even with 573-663 spelldmg from attack power
    While I certainly salute the time and effort put into this it is worth noting that those mobs are about 13 levels below you and effectively stunned for the duration of the test.

This means that your melee crit chance would be artificially high while fighting them, and their armor is far lower than the typical mobs you are going to be fighting in a raid. Both of these factors will skew the numbers in favor of windfury. Whether or not this will change the conclusion I don't know as I don't know exactly how much of a difference this will make but it is worth noting at the least.

download reccount and check the numbers it gives you.