Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 2.3 Patch : Heroic instances requirements lowered

ZA feral staff got str changed for agi

now do same for pillar of lol plx

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    I assume that the new 5 man will have a heroic. Sounds like another attempt at narrowing the itemization gap.
    Exactly. This is all to close the gear gap when Wrath comes out.

What happened before TBC came out? PvP went to an honor system to a.) Make outlands a bit easier to lvl, and b.) To keep many occupied ('cept naxx guilds) since due to lack of new content.

Blizz learned, imo, to have players feel more involved with the game. Give players new goals. Arena gear -> Honor pts, and attunement downgrades. Keep people occupied with some aspect of the game = more playing = more $$.

Where will they go after Sunwell Plateau? I don't know how far Wrath is coming, but let's be sure that it will be pushed out when they've exhausted motivation for players. Then the new talent trees will be pushed live (patch 3.0), followed by a month or so where they fix what they can for Wrath's release.

All this means is that all the noobs out there will be able to wipe in heroics faster and getting good pugs will be even harder.

I LOLZ at anybody that is complaining about lowering it to Honored making "all the nubs come". LOL. Sure more people will be doing Heroic... hence more nubs... but take your head out of your rears. Just because its labled Heroic dosent mean that your amazing just for being able to do it. The only difrence between honored and Revered is how many times you do an instance... And to be honest, anybody that dosent know how to play their charictor by lvl 40, will prob never learn, and even they can get revered. And also, most people know how to play their charictor by lvl 20-30. WoW is not hard to play, get over it, its just fun. If your playing wow to try and prove your the best uberleet wow player, well guess what, you are... along with everyone else like you, which is a crapload. And if you really think about it, you have all the kids that can play alot... hence easily revered, but are bad at playing their charictor. Then you have all the mature people that cant play as much due to work and responsibilities, hence freindly and honored. That can play their charictor just fine. When will people relize that you could pritty much take any 25 non brain dead people that just reached lvl 70, give them tier 5, and have them do BT, and I guarintee they could do it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fiffer86
    I LOLZ at anybody that is complaining about lowering it to Honored making "all the nubs come". LOL. Sure more people will be doing Heroic... hence more nubs... but take your head out of your rears. Just because its labled Heroic dosent mean that your amazing just for being able to do it. The only difrence between honored and Revered is how many times you do an instance... And to be honest, anybody that dosent know how to play their charictor by lvl 40, will prob never learn, and even they can get revered. And also, most people know how to play their charictor by lvl 20-30. WoW is not hard to play, get over it, its just fun. If your playing wow to try and prove your the best uberleet wow player, well guess what, you are... along with everyone else like you, which is a crapload. And if you really think about it, you have all the kids that can play alot... hence easily revered, but are bad at playing their charictor. Then you have all the mature people that cant play as much due to work and responsibilities, hence freindly and honored. That can play their charictor just fine. When will people relize that you could pritty much take any 25 non brain dead people that just reached lvl 70, give them tier 5, and have them do BT, and I guarintee they could do it just fine.
    You realize the problem here is not people that don't know how to play, but people with awful gear?

Gear is overrated. The easier heroics are the natural progression beyond the level 70 non-heroic dungeons. The difference in gear from someone in all level 70 blues vs half blues and half greens is not that big and can be more than made up for with some consumables.

I've healed KZ with my priest, I'm sure he can handle heroics just fine. After getting revered/exalted with 2 characters, I really have no desire to do it again on my 3rd 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Gear is overrated. The easier heroics are the natural progression beyond the level 70 non-heroic dungeons. The difference in gear from someone in all level 70 blues vs half blues and half greens is not that big and can be more than made up for with some consumables.

I've healed KZ with my priest, I'm sure he can handle heroics just fine. After getting revered/exalted with 2 characters, I really have no desire to do it again on my 3rd 70.

Gear is not overrated. I would rather have a mage with 900-1000 spelldamage than a mage in blues with 500. Saves me time, and makes for a smoother run. Going into kara with T6 is just making it a faster and effortless run.

Remeber when the BC first came out. Before people where runing Heroics. They would be all decked out in their DS3 and instance gear. But you had everyone grinding for Rep, just to do Heroics. That proved that Reveard was too high of a requirment for heroics. Progression was saposed to be Normal<Heroic<=Kara<25mans. But to alot it just went from Normal+70 quested gear + Arena Gear<Kara... Completly skiping grinding out the rep for Heroics. Thats what i did, and i still have no plan to run heroic's. Maybe now that they are lowering the requirments to Honored, i might be intrested in running them. And just FYI, im Honored, prob freindly with most of the instance factions. I know for a fact im not reveared with a single one. Yet my gloves (T4), MH (aldor sword), OH (gladiator sword), Bracers and Back (pvp rewards), and one ring are all epic. Then my chest and pants are DS3, helm is the lvl 70 quested helm (best blue helm non epic imo). So really the worst parts of my gear is my belt and throwing weapon. Their both lvl 69, and 70 greens... but their better then the lvl 70 quested belt (because of lack of stamina). And if you took Kara out of the question, i had the Arc 70 blue gloves, and some 68 blue necklace. I dont know about everyone, but when people first started running Kara on my server, everyone was talking about how heroics took more time to get "atuned for" then Kara. Personaly i feel this change should have hapend a long time ago. So sure you might be getting some people that are just hiting 70, that wil want to run Heroic's. But at the same time you will be gaining the many people like me. That have run Kara, are over geared for Heroics, yet would run them for that epic drop at the end, and the marks. And if you are really all that woried about non geared people be more spacific in your tells. "LF tank for Heroic Mech, require majority of blues or epics or you will get the boot!" And to be honest, i run into way more non-prot warrior that have plenty of good gear, yet cant hold agro worth crap, then players that are in all greens.

Revered is a joke to get. You run normals for gear and do a few quests, and you are revered. People like you are rare, or you don't have amazing gear. I only do heroics with people over geared for them for the most part, there is no reason for me to take people that need gear, as it means less shards, and their gear isn't as good. I /who and armory or use my friends list to get a group. I don't ask in trade to get people, or I would end up with a teribad group.

Christ... lol. :-X
    But I guess you could connect this with removing the TK and SSC attunements.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Revered is a joke to get. You run normals for gear and do a few quests, and you are revered. People like you are rare, or you don't have amazing gear. I only do heroics with people over geared for them for the most part, there is no reason for me to take people that need gear, as it means less shards, and their gear isn't as good. I /who and armory or use my friends list to get a group. I don't ask in trade to get people, or I would end up with a teribad group.
    don't forget that people have jobs and wifes and kids maybe.. we don't all have time to play wow whenever we like.. some people can only do like 1/2 instance runs per day or maybe only a few per week, and it would be nice for those to get the fun of running heroics without actually Farming the reputation.

but I totally agree that there is no point in running heroics with people that just dinged honored, since most of them just dinged 70 (if you quested your way to 70 that is :P and did all kind of quests that give you rep with numerous factions)

and ofcourse 'I don't do pugs' .. PuG's (pickup groups) suck! they mostly have people that don't give a flying fck about others in the party, or just leave the party whenever they like (mostly after the first or second boss, so it's impossible to find a replacement if you are doing heroic :P), or they spam the party chat with "DK??" or "SWE??" the whole run because they can't speak a word english :P(gotta love ally players) also grouping with guildys and/or friends is more fun as you know if your are going to blast trough the instance or not :P
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinzo
    don't forget that people have jobs and wifes and kids maybe.. we don't all have time to play wow whenever we like.. some people can only do like 1/2 instance runs per day or maybe only a few per week, and it would be nice for those to get the fun of running heroics without actually Farming the reputation.

but I totally agree that there is no point in running heroics with people that just dinged honored, since most of them just dinged 70 (if you quested your way to 70 that is :P and did all kind of quests that give you rep with numerous factions)
    As nice as the have a life thing is, the people that have little time to play likely don't have the gear to do heroics anyway.

I for one think this is a welcome change. I have already leveled 3 characters to 70, and done the maddening rep grind for the Heroic instances, and I do not want to do it again on my druid. This time I decided I'd craft most of my gear, get alot from quests and avoid instances best I could.

People who don't have alot of time to play CAN get good enough gear for Heroics, but it'll be crafted or quested - like my stuff - if they put in that little bit of effort. Sadly alot won't and PuGs heroics will be a nightmare. I tanked a few recently (got the CF key by 68), had no problems, but then I was with a group of people, from my guild, who know what to do and how to play. My suggestion would be to get a group of people you know and trust, and heroic groups will be a fun experience.