Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: /Sigh 128 mbs memory usage

* Acceptance - Why would you want to accept a group invite from somebody that you don't know or is inconsiderate enough to not whisper you first. How easy is it to click "Accept" button anyway?
    * AtlasLoot - This can be removed as Cartographer has the exact same function now.
    * BaudManager - PerformanceFu does the exact same thing.
    * BigWigs/DBM - Choose one or the other, remember it's your gameplay not your guild leaders
    * DebuffFilter - I assume your only using this to see your own Debuffs, if so Pitbull will do the exact same thing.
    * EzDismount - Like stated previously, not needed anymore.
    * ClockFu/MiniClockFu - One or the other, they both do the same thing.
    * MiniPerfsFu/PerformanceFu - Same deal, they both do the same thing.
    * Gatherer - Delete, Cartographer does this better.
    * GroupCalander - No longer being developed. Unless you maintain it I'd suggest dumping it as no one has picked it up since Feb this year.
    * JIM CooldownPulse - Remove as OmniCC does the same thing.
    * MobInfo2 - Mobhealth does same thing without all the annoying extra crap planted on your tooltips.
    * PerfectRaid - You can setup Pitbull's raidframes to look and act exactly the same as PerfectRaid if you take a little time.
    * Scorchio - You can setup Quartz to show the Fire Vulnerability debuff on your targets.
    * SCT/D - There is also Parrot and MSBT(Mikks Scrolling Battle Text) you can try out and see which you prefer and which is easier on your system.
    * VisualThemes - Remove as you use a custom UI.
    * Xart - Your not using it in the screenshot provided, why bother having it there?
    * XRS/RaidBuffsFu - Both do the same thing.

That's just my opinion on what you could change to speed some things up, others may provide more wise advice.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PerfectRaid > * regarding raid information. PerfectRaid uses one tenth, if not less, of PitBull's equivalent, unless something changed the past two months.

* SCT/D - There is also Parrot and MSBT(Mikks Scrolling Battle Text) you can try out and see which you prefer and which is easier on your system.
    I switched from SCT to MSBT a couple of days ago, saves about ~9mb and they do pretty much the same thing.
    Altho SCT is a bit more userfriendly tho.

No not really. MSBT's a lot more user friendly.

Honestly you aren't using THAT many addons. I have tons more and my memory usage is ~50mb. I run recount, it is the best. Just make sure you clear it every so often so it doesn't bog you down.

When I loaded ace mods WITH externals my Fubar was showing at ~4mb as well. It doesn't use that much memory. It is because you're getting inaccurate numbers because of the embedded libraries that the mods attached to Fubar are using.

What I would also suggest is shutting off mods, IE Cartographer and Auctioneer during raids. They have a huge memory footprint and really aren't needed during a raid. That in itself should reduce your memory usage down by some.

Quote Originally Posted by dankz

Cartographer & Gatherer? can't cartographer take over gatherers work? no cartographer is a map addon map that does stuff like atlas, and gatherer marks herb and mine locations. both of which i only use on my flower picking alt

Stubby & NECB? NECB can do the same I think :P No, stubby is a dependency and tool of auctioneer, NECB are castbars and timers
    BigWigs & Deadlyboss mod?! lol, yeah this is silly, but talk to my guild leader, he insist we have both. I mainly use bigwigs, and keep dbm turn off for most fight. but agian they dont load until you nouseover that boss. so i don think these are the problem

Thank you for the info, i did it, and well see how these go at teh raid tonihght
    my bad.. thought stubby was some kind of stunlock meter thingy
    I use DBM only, or sometimes even off in raids, if I can dream the boss.
    Cartographer_Data .. or cartographer_herbalism can do the same as gatherer? after you pick your flower / you see it on your minimap, even if it's not there? because you picked a flower there before. if this aint true, i'm very confused and someone secretly installed gatherer on my pc
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    I switched from SCT to MSBT a couple of days ago, saves about ~9mb and they do pretty much the same thing.
    ur SCT version must be broken because there is no way SCT goes up to 9mb. but yeah, MSBT is indeed lighter than SCT and i find it more user-friendly than SCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohi
    Definitely post your addons if you can, but one thing I can suspect that is happening is that you have all of your libraries embedded.

Read this post and follow the instructions.
    http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=8542.0

If you have tons of bloat in an Ace addon you can see which one it is.
    Having embed libs or dis-embed doesnt affect your memory usage. The game is smart enough to not load the same library 2 times. Running dis-embed will only reduce ur addons folder size and your loading time from 5 to 20 sec depending on how many Ace addons your running.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfury
    Having embed libs or dis-embed doesnt affect your memory usage. The game is smart enough to not load the same library 2 times. Running dis-embed will only reduce ur addons folder size and your loading time from 5 to 20 sec depending on how many Ace addons your running.
    Can you quote where I said that it does effect memory usage? I never said that it did. What I did say was "If you have tons of bloat in an Ace addon you can see which one it is." Meaning, (Taken from the link):

If you want to see an accurate representation of the memory usage of each individual addon and library (NOTE: when libs are embedded, the library's memory usage is counted as part of the addon that houses it. ie, ArkInventory may say that it uses 8MB of memory, when, actually, 7MB of that belongs to the libs inside and any work they are doing for both AI and any other addons that use those libs).

This way he can trouble shoot which addons are causing the issue. ie: Fubar does not in itself use 4mb of memory. The addons and libraries embedded in Fubar are. From that point he can determine which mods that are using vast amounts of memory he may want to keep or not.

There has to be something else going on with his mods. As I said in another thread I use a TON more addons that he does and I'm using no where near 100mb of memory.

Doing what I suggested won't do anything to his UI. Once he's found the issues and rectified them he can download the mods again with externals and everything will be back to the way he has it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohi
    Can you quote where I said that it does effect memory usage? I never said that it did. What I did say was "If you have tons of bloat in an Ace addon you can see which one it is." Meaning, (Taken from the link):

If you want to see an accurate representation of the memory usage of each individual addon and library (NOTE: when libs are embedded, the library's memory usage is counted as part of the addon that houses it. ie, ArkInventory may say that it uses 8MB of memory, when, actually, 7MB of that belongs to the libs inside and any work they are doing for both AI and any other addons that use those libs).

This way he can trouble shoot which addons are causing the issue. ie: Fubar does not in itself use 4mb of memory. The addons and libraries embedded in Fubar are. From that point he can determine which mods that are using vast amounts of memory he may want to keep or not.

There has to be something else going on with his mods. As I said in another thread I use a TON more addons that he does and I'm using no where near 100mb of memory.

Doing what I suggested won't do anything to his UI. Once he's found the issues and rectified them he can download the mods again with externals and everything will be back to the way he has it now.
    kk. well just wanted to clarify.

Thank everyone for their input, i go it down to -40mibs. which im very happy with. just to answear a few comments:

* Align is only needed when you make the ui, not when its done.
    yes i know, im not finished
    Cartographer_Data .. or cartographer_herbalism can do the same as gatherer? after you pick your flower / you see it on your minimap, even if it's not there? because you picked a flower there before. if this aint true, i'm very confused and someone secretly installed gatherer on my pc
    yes this is true, but with gatherer when ever a guildie picks a flower or mines, it updates my info and i get a icon on my map. Again just my alts pick flowers and mine, so its noce to be playong my main and still get the info.
    I tried just tried mikes and didntlike it, i like the "show output text in sct" the most mods have, like prat and bigwigs, ive reinstalled sct, and took out scd and its playing nice now.

What I would also suggest is shutting off mods, IE Cartographer and Auctioneer during raids. They have a huge memory footprint and really aren't needed during a raid. That in itself should reduce your memory usage down by some.
    yes i know turn off both of thise during raids, thanks

* Acceptance - Why would you want to accept a group invite from somebody that you don't know or is inconsiderate enough to not whisper you first. How easy is it to click "Accept" button anyway?
    I cook dinner at 7:30 the same times raids inv go out, and in my guild if you miss an inv the yout sol. Also this mod only accpet inv from guildies of friends.
    * BaudManager - PerformanceFu does the exact same thing.
    no i dont think so, baud manager shows allot more info, and lets you turn off a mod with out logging off(you still need to reload ui)
    * BigWigs/DBM - Choose one or the other, remember it's your gameplay not your guild leaders
    true, but its the raid leaders call on who to bring, and in a competive guild its not worth the trouble explaining my you dont have the correct raid package installed. I didable most of dbm stuff anyway, and they dont use memeory until enabled
    * GroupCalander - No longer being developed. Unless you maintain it I'd suggest dumping it as no one has picked it up since Feb this year.
    my guild still uses it
    * JIM CooldownPulse - Remove as OmniCC does the same thing.
    nope jims gives yo a heads up display when a cc finishes. i bind allot of stuff, so with no buttin to look at this is my favorite way of knowing a cc is up
    * PerfectRaid - You can setup Pitbull's raidframes to look and act exactly the same as PerfectRaid if you take a little time.
    i dont like eother, think im gonna stick with xrs
    * Scorchio - You can setup Quartz to show the Fire Vulnerability debuff on your targets.
    Scorchio is wayt better, shows multiple targets, and if another mage is casting a scrorch

Again thanks all for the input

I dont think there is problem with your addons and memory usage. I am having same memory usage on half as good PC configuration /Athlon XP 2500+, 1GB ram, Ati Radeon 9000 256MB/ and I am having low fps but not freeze or so but my girlfriend noticed problems you describe and they were caused by latency. I see on screenshot that your latency is really bad. Try to fix your connection and also download new catalyst drivers for your graphic card. This should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    I dont think there is problem with your addons and memory usage. I am having same memory usage on half as good PC configuration /Athlon XP 2500+, 1GB ram, Ati Radeon 9000 256MB/ and I am having low fps but not freeze or so but my girlfriend noticed problems you describe and they were caused by latency. I see on screenshot that your latency is really bad. Try to fix your connection and also download new catalyst drivers for your graphic card. This should help.
    think i figured it out, some addons not playing nice, and some extra bloat, i also dis-embed my libraries, and cut my usage in half. Also I live in Japan so 400ms is a good day for me.

Deleted

I have about almost as much addons as you (about 2/3) and it uses like 16-20 Mbs only... L2Ace2

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater HF

U dont really need to drop recount But if you think it hogs to much mem turn of the Time option in options. Thats what makes you hog mem. Think it gives me around 120+ mb after a SSC run.

Happy to hear that ya got your situation resolved!

;D

i often see my memory usage going from 100mb to 50mb approx when i clear Recount data, this addon is a huge gatherer, you should first check in the option if you are gathering information from the people / mobs that arent in your group that'll save you a few megs and clear Recount data sometimes it should get better.