Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Calminaion

Re: Enrage and Blood Craze..

I'm still not getting your concern ... if you had no resilience and your opponent had 25% crit rate, you would get enrage and BC 25% of the time, yes ?

If you have resilience (regardless of how much you have), you will still get a 25% proc rate on Enrage and BC ... how is that a problem. Does enrage really have to proc off a crit for you to be happy, or is it not ok for it to simply proc with the same percentage chance.

long story short ... you do not lose Enrage or BC procs if you have resilience ....

Quote Originally Posted by Calminaion
    long story short ... you do not lose Enrage or BC procs if you have resilience ....
    QFT...

If you dont like it, dont wear resilience gear.

Btw i am a warrior :>

Calminaion

Well that's a moot point, because nobody has a 0% chance to crit.

However, if somebody with a 5% chance to crit hits you and you have 5% resilience ..he'll never crit you ... ever ... but you'll have a 5% chance to proc your abilities.

Calminaion

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    QFT...

If you dont like it, dont wear resilience gear.

Btw i am a warrior :>
    Well, yeah - I guess. The thing is, whether you wear the gear or not, is immaterial .. you don't lose out.

One difference. If you do have 5% resilience, then 5% of the hits on you can proc either Enrage or Blood craze ... or both. It's a 5% chance for each... and the chance is rolled on seperately. So you could actually get both proc'ing one after the other on hits that would never have critted anyway !!

I call that spreading my procs out a bit ... and I think it's actually better.

Yes, that was the intention (and the patch notes specifically mentioned this at the time) .. the logic was that you shouldn't be penalised by losing a talented ability simply because you're trying to mitigate damage.

As Explained in my previous post though, that kind of algorithm would have placed too much strain on the server (swing tables being calculated server-side), so they decided to make the resilience percentage a flat-crit reduction percentage, and allow on-crit abilities to proc off non crits (using your resilience figure as the chance figure)
    my first thought was that the swing mechanic as you said it is implemented was stupid. why not just calculate if it is a crit first then roll resilience value and then convert back to a hit etc. but that would be kinda stupid way to roll crits vs resilience.

so they way you described it is better performance wise indeed. but they should make all crit triggered effects proc at the same time when you get a resilience crit proc, sounds stupid to roll the resilience value vs all crit triggered effects. you have to do the calculation once for every effect on every swing instead of once per swing and then proc all effects if it is triggered.

but too bad blizzard seems to roll the resilience vs every effect instead of one roll for all effects. they could gain a bit performance on that, perhaps quite alot on BG/arena servers where tons of resilience ppl are playing all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    "[i]Any effect which benefits the victim of a critical strike will now trigger even if resilience converted the attack from a critical strike to a normal strike;" This clearly states that they should both proc exactly the same way as in the absence of resilience. I am afraid that BC and Enrage do not work properly as indented and they work probably the way you had indicated on your post earlier however it does not work the way the blue post presents it. I am very unhappy to see that it is a possible bug and an indirect nerf to warriors that needs to be fixed. :'( :'( :'(
    First of all, if it is a bug, it's not a nerf obviously. Second, I would think you'd be happy getting the procs on non-crits, rather than having to take a crit to proc both 100% of the time. I would assume that the reason only one procs (or has a chance to proc) is because you were not actually crit. If it is not a bug, then Blizzard intended it that way all along. It still isn't a nerf, because you're lucky to be getting to proc them at all when you aren't crit. Something that was present the entire time is not a nerf.

I do agree with Stenhord though; they'd save performance if they just rolled one roll (all crit-triggered abilities) vs. resilience, especially on hardcore PvP servers.

I'm still not getting your concern ... if you had no resilience and your opponent had 25% crit rate, you would get enrage and BC 25% of the time, yes ?

If you have resilience (regardless of how much you have), you will still get a 25% proc rate on Enrage and BC ... how is that a problem. Does enrage really have to proc off a crit for you to be happy, or is it not ok for it to simply proc with the same percentage chance.

Well my understanding was that if enemy had crit rate of 25% and a crit procced on you, you had 100% certainty to get BC+Enrage proccing each time you get a crit on you and 100% certainty for those 2 to proc together when in the absence of resilience a normal hit would have been a crit. It appears that it doesnt work that way and it works on a chance to proc.

It's been documented by blue posts many many many times. How about you stop being a lazy fuck and search for it. Oh but wait... that would mean you would actually know what you are talking and ruin that 'I'm a fucking noob' image you are so amazingly holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by borbes
    It's been documented by blue posts many many many times. How about you stop being a lazy fuck and search for it. Oh but wait... that would mean you would actually know what you are talking and ruin that 'I'm a fucking noob' image you are so amazingly holding up.
    Shut up close your mouth man. If its documented then post it here.. perhaps you are lazy fuck? Shut up and dont post here anymore.

And if I am a noob your are even more of a noob taking up time posting on this threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    Shut up close your mouth man. If its documented then post it here.. perhaps you are lazy fuck? Shut up and dont post here anymore.

And if I am a noob your are even more of a noob taking up time posting on this threat.
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    Oh, baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love
    Yeah

Oh, I don't know why you're not there
    I give you my love, but you don't care
    So what is right and what is wrong
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Whoa whoa whoa, oooh oooh

Oh, I don't know, what can I do
    What else can I say, it's up to you
    I know we're one, just me and you
    I can't go on

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh
    What is love, oooh, oooh, oooh

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me

I want no other, no other lover
    This is your life, our time
    When we are together, I need you forever
    Is it love

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more (oooh, oooh)

What is love?
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

To borbes and Narzania...suddenly your combatlog says:
    "Your mature skill decreased by 80%"

I havent tried it out myself how non-crits procs Blood Craze and Enrage as I dont pvp on my warrior and I have quite poor pvp gear (140 resi or something) but I would like to have it as one roll for all crit triggered effects if I could choose.

And apparently you dont lose procs (explained in this thread already), just that the procs from hits are spread around and not both triggering at the same time.

This is supposed to be a serious and constructive site. If people make wrong assumptions its not your right to post hateful comments against people. Read the rules and violations when registering. Your IP will be tracked as you have infringed the law and regulations of this site. If you are identified as making such uncosntractive and hateful comments again further action will be taken to settle this matter against you.

Calminaion

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    To borbes and Narzania...suddenly your combatlog says:
    "Your mature skill decreased by 80%"

I havent tried it out myself how non-crits procs Blood Craze and Enrage as I dont pvp on my warrior and I have quite poor pvp gear (140 resi or something) but I would like to have it as one roll for all crit triggered effects if I could choose.

And apparently you dont lose procs (explained in this thread already), just that the procs from hits are spread around and not both triggering at the same time.
    Try this ... equip some Res gear (doesn't matter how much) and go and stand in a campfire or something, getting 10-13 dmg ... you stand there long enough and Enrage will proc, stand there longer and Blood craze will proc ...

No - it's not because the campfire is critting you (bad campfire, naughty), it's because your resilience is allowing on-crit procs (enrage and BC) to proc on non-crit damage (the campfire).

I'm really not sure how much clearer I can explain it, but this is the way it is, and you can prove it for yourself with this test.

Cal signing off ....