Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: AV/Wintersabers Changes, blue posts, pumpkins !

Quote Originally Posted by Carmbas
    Wouldnt every exploit be their own mistake?
    Nah, the first C'thun kill was definitely an exploit, though some call it a hack more than an exploit. For those who don't know, they wrote a mod to remove a wall in AQ40, so they killed skerham, then went straight to C'thun. Anyways, guild firsts are noted by blizz. A big flag will go off if a guild kills lootreaver before a second boss in SSC. Make sure you have a legit kill first, though with the number of guilds killing him, I doubt blizz is really going to get hardcore on this. Just don't use it consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozikk
    A big flag will go off if a guild kills lootreaver before a second boss in SSC.
    I think that would be quite common tbh.

At least half a dozen guilds have done that on my server looking at WowJutsu.

Edit: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by blukkie
    Lol, that's funny. Blizzard will ban people for their own mistakes?
    In case you missed the actual meaning of the term exploit I'll give you a freebie:

Exploit: To gain some advantage by doing things that clearly isnt part of the normal, intended game mechanics. Yes..things which Blizzard missed or just didnt intend.

But hey.. an ability, which grants insane dps without either cooldown or global cooldown, is naturally intended to be used. I'm sure that ignorance is bliss

In most cases people who use exploits are aware it's wrong. It's their choice so they cant exactly cry when they are banned

I just wonder why it took so long to discover that these adds were able to be mind controlled?

Nah, the first C'thun kill was definitely an exploit, though some call it a hack more than an exploit. For those who don't know, they wrote a mod to remove a wall in AQ40, so they killed skerham, then went straight to C'thun. Anyways, guild firsts are noted by blizz. A big flag will go off if a guild kills lootreaver before a second boss in SSC. Make sure you have a legit kill first, though with the number of guilds killing him, I doubt blizz is really going to get hardcore on this. Just don't use it consistantly.
    Wasn't the first C'thun kill (Not even the 100th)

They had C'thun on farm for months.

They didn't wrote any mod.

They altered a MPQ file.

It's Skeram, not "Skerham".

All that bullshit about "Blizzard noting first guild kills" is a lie just made on the spot by you.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This couldn't be more wrong.

I'm downloading "WoW-2.2.3-to-2.3.0-enUS-patch" atm. Seems a bit early to be releasing the patch, i thought they just added a bunch of changes. I'm guessing its just a part of the patch, and we'll get the rest when the patch goes live, but still surprised that they're releasing any of the patch already. Maybe they think the patch will be ready fairly soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizia
    All that bullshit about "Blizzard noting first guild kills" is a lie just made on the spot by you.
    Seriusly Chorizia, Blizzard do log EVERY kill that is made, trashmob, boss, player etc.

Just take a look at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ga...ml?en,killedby
    (yes this is a list of how many kills did a monster get, but if they log this they also log every player made kill.)

Of course Blizzard knows when a guild has their first kill, and if they are smart got some internal checker that flags it when ever something out of the ordinary is done.

Quote Originally Posted by lslinnet
    Seriusly Chorizia, Blizzard do log EVERY kill that is made, trashmob, boss, player etc.

Just take a look at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ga...ml?en,killedby
    (yes this is a list of how many kills did a monster get, but if they log this they also log every player made kill.)

Of course Blizzard knows when a guild has their first kill, and if they are smart got some internal checker that flags it when ever something out of the ordinary is done.
    Guilds dont kill raid bosses, raid groups with a RaidID do, thats why you see almost every week someone complaining on the forums cause they got their ID stolen and some randoms get their Karazhan ID.. and when thats happening, a guild is killing bosses without having killed the previous one, and NOTHING happens..

And what about random unguilded PuGs?

Sorry, just no.

Logging mob's deaths? sure, tracking guilds progress? not even close.

ofc, top3 guilds in US and EU are the exception.

Logging mob's deaths? sure, tracking guilds progress? not even close. <-- Wait two months and see an addition to armory doing just that. Every good idea some 3rd party developers have created has been stolen by blizzard, I assume the next one will be wowjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Logging mob's deaths? sure, tracking guilds progress? not even close. <-- Wait two months and see an addition to armory doing just that. Every good idea some 3rd party developers have created has been stolen by blizzard, I assume the next one will be wowjutsu.
    I'm sure that by 'stolen' you mean improved and ofc you mean that Blizz has EVERYthing a player can need in terms of feedback.
    Yes they take every possible 3rd party's idea and why? Cause it's not copywrited. Blizz has no copyright over their unique monsters. LOTRO can publish a critter named Illidan and Blizz has nothing to do about it...
    Until the movie is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    It's called progress. That's what the game does. It's really not 'practically for free' and at the very worst
    Nah having a v. rare mount accessible via a grind that was already very doable for someone with a busy life isn't progress (I'm usually all for progress but this is over the line). It's even easier to get it now than before as they changed it from 50 to 75. Now people have 10% increase in mount speed (20% if the player is a paladin or has access to one) and the biggest change of all is that winterfall village is not farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakounette
    like they did for the ssc/tk access
    Can't compare those attunements to wintersaber grind. You know that awful grind enchanters whined about called Timbermaw? If you _only_ focused on wintersaber grinding you would get exalted with timbermaw a very long time before getting anywhere close to exalted with WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    So? I got 14 rank, after 2 months I felt cheated when every noob could get 14 rank items.
    I love your mentality: "I got cheated so you should feel cheated too!" As a rank14 with WS mount people being able to get r14 gear was fine especially when we got our ranks back. Remember our rank kept degrading and our r14 would be long time gone. Even the updated pvp gear was beginning to be outdated unless you were a what you call a "noob". So there you were stuck with no r12-14 gear and no title. In fact I'm pretty glad this whole thing happened unlike with the WS mount.

You don't need to do it all in one go, the rep doesn't degrade, and as I stated above it's already so much easier. Rep increase is _huge_ and imo a slap in the face for those who have a busy life but had the moral to go through such a grind.

Anyways that's my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DingDing
    Sigh.. So all my hours grindin that freakin place was all worth nothing? How can Blizzard do that to their customers? Make someone be there for weeks doing something over and over again as a special challange to see if you can make it and if you do they give you an awesome mount thats very unique - and then just let everyone else get it practically for free? I feel pretty cheated...
    It was obvious to everyone in the world that grinding Wintersaber rep was a pretty pointless thing to do, the only thing it ever gained you was e-peen. And you still have that, now you can lord it over people and say "lol I got my Wintersaber before they nerfed it lol". That'll get the chicks.

Who is Mr. Smith?