Page 1 of 2
LastLast

fire mage @ supremus - what to expect ?

Hi there,

I'm a fire mage currently BT/HJ raiding.

Every week i spec frost just for supremus, since I don't have the 2 pc t5 + MSC + TLC for 48/13/0 spec.

I heard that spell penetration could help me against supremus. Is that true ?

I'm going to test with 30 spell penetration + empowerment elixir next week. How much resist should I expect ?

Will my DPS be good enough ?

Re: fire mage @ supremus - what to expect ?

I would stay fire. Supremus is by far the easiest boss since Void Reaver and your DPS doesn't count as much.

EDIT: Oh, and to talk about the penetration. I respecced from frost to fire today for raiding and my plan is to use the empowerment elixir on Supremus, but a respec is too much imo. And yes, Supremus does have a high firereisist where spellpenetration is useful even with Curse of Elements.

ok, thanks for the advice, I'll test.

Well if your guild is at Illidan I suggest you to stay and go full frost.

currently we're far from illidan :/

We're fighting Teron / Anetheron these days.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

My guild has Illdan on farm. Most of our mages are a mix of 40ish Arcane and Frost/Fire. Thay do well in the Damage meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by vinette
    currently we're far from illidan :/

We're fighting Teron / Anetheron these days.
    I wouldn't worry about it mate, the DPS is not needed at all. I think we last 9-manned Supremus from 50% to 0% because we failed hard.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I agree. Supremus should be on farm after your first kill. With a 15 minute enrage timer, you should have all the time in the world to kill this guy. Respecing just for him is a waste of money.

Basing your spec or you gear only on Supremus is a waste as it has been said. Empowerment elixirs can help but If you can do damage or not mostly depends on your playstyle and how good you can avoid volcanos and stay within castrange. Fire also has 41yrds range and that is a lot in the kite phase.
    The partial resists are surely higher than on any other encounter but I don't even use empowerment elixir and only with curse of elements there aren't that much resists. I'm at ~17% Mitigation at wws compared to ~4-5% at other bosses but because of my range I can cast some more spells than others.

Quote Originally Posted by vinette
    Hi there,

I'm a fire mage currently BT/HJ raiding.

Every week i spec frost just for supremus, since I don't have the 2 pc t5 + MSC + TLC for 48/13/0 spec.

I heard that spell penetration could help me against supremus. Is that true ?

I'm going to test with 30 spell penetration + empowerment elixir next week. How much resist should I expect ?

Will my DPS be good enough ?
    Waste of money and time.
    Unless your guild leader wants to pay for respec to and from and the matts for the elixirs, i wouldnt even bother.

If your raid leader/officers complain about your DPS on supremus, they need to go back and look at mage spell mechanics.

Fire mage on Supremus: expect an average 25% mitigated dmg.

But it's not a problem as the fight is easy and you have plenty of time to put him down before enrage, mana is not a problem even for healers.

Just stay fire-spec (with Ice veins now of course )

KONATA

Dont underestimate Supremus ! Or this will happen muahaha

even you dont have 2 t5 bonus you would still own fire and frost mages in bt and mh with arcane specc. proved with a guy who has better gear than me but fire and I have just 1 piece t5 but still way better dmg on bosses and trash. you ll be emazed with what you ll see on dmg meters.

Disadvantage is you need to bring shit loads of mana pots with you and create mana gems all the night and drink whenever you have time )

You shouldnt worry that much about dps until you get to RoS. More dps will always mean easier fights but MH/BT its more about staying alive then doing mad dps.

Edit:
    Falter: "If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your bullshit."
    thats one of the funniest line i've seen in the forums in a long time

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KONATA
    Dont underestimate Supremus ! Or this will happen muahaha

Anyone know what UI This is ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

You should just stay fire for this fight. Also, depending on the number of warlocks your guild is bringing to the encounter, you should insist that CoE is applied during phase 1 (aka Tank n' Spank phase). If the warlocks complain, tell them that they can apply their CoD or w.e during the kite phase. CoE will be a huge boost to your DPS on this fight, since it will severely lower the amount of partial resists you receive. As mentioned before, if your DPS is that bad, use AB or Frostbolt. If you spec'd 2/48/11, you can put 5 points into improved frostbolt and benefit from the reduced casting time.

Supremus is not a complicating fight by any means. If your guild is that concerned with your DPS as fire during this encounter, you have a much bigger guild-wide DPS problem, or you might just have a overly concerned raid leader.

The 2 mages we bring are both fire and it hasnt mattered for supremus because they are idiots and die on volcanoes anyway.
    Wikipedia is not a reference for anything.

Supremus I have never respecced for, just keep your normal build; you're never going to be on top of meters for that fight as long as he has to be kited, locks/shadow priests/ect will always outshine you - and it shouldn't be a meter race anyway.

Your spec on Illidan on the other hand..

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrin
    The 2 mages we bring are both fire and it hasnt mattered for supremus because they are idiots and die on volcanoes anyway.
    If they cant survive the volcanoes your guild should find Illidan's parasite quite .... entertaining. :

Use a handful of rose petals on Supremus. Helps push the bets for the "who's gonna die to volcanos this time" game.