Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Los Angeles CGS - 3v3 and 2v2 Tournaments

2vs2 is terrible, CC is everything.

Teams like hunters and priest won't ever win.

In this matter rogues and druids are really strong combo ie.

Am I the only one to notice that you wrote $5.000 as price and on that picture they are holding that big piece that says $10.000 ?

@Aviana : Yeah, it seems it was some marketing thing I couldn't understand.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

These tournaments are an absolute joke. Its the same classes OVER and OVER and OVER. Blizzard absolutely fails at balancing the game, and use the same excuse each and every time - "we focus on 5v5 balance blah blah". Why do they hold all the tournaments in 2v2, 3v3 then ?

Because its by far the most fun, and by far the most played types of Arenas - maybe Blizzard should try to balance it a bit ?

The worst part is that balancing it is not even hard, they just cba I guess.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

ah ah.

they had to make the Dell a full US tournament, so a US team would have a chance to pass the first turn

Don't go into stupid EU/US comparisons here.

The 2v2 tournament was part of the CGS event, as far as I know CGS is an exclusive league and many US (and EU) top teams didn't register because they wouldn't be able to participate in other events because of that.

During the Dreamhack 3v3 tournament last week, all the EU Teams got eliminated very early.

Is there anywhere that you can download these videos rather than stream them? I always miss the tournaments themselves and can never find anywhere that replays the big matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly
    Is there anywhere that you can download these videos rather than stream them? I always miss the tournaments themselves and can never find anywhere that replays the big matches.
    good question!

LOL RES!

It's really sad to see how class balance has just utterly fallen on it's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviana
    Am I the only one to notice that you wrote $5.000 as price and on that picture they are holding that big piece that says $10.000 ?
    $10'000 is the TOTAL price money. $5'000 for Pandemic, $4'000 for Fnatic and $1'000 for MoB. And it's one from each winning team holding that check, not only Pandemic.

2s and 3s are so horribly unbalanced for some classes that the formats really shouldn't exist, and certainly should not be part of any formal competition. It pretty much locks out certain classes from competeing, because they really don't have a chance to win.

is there any way I can watch the fights at the moment?

Pandemic vs EG game 2 was just disappointing. Letting a priest rez in a 2v2 situation with the mage almost oom? Seriously?

Is the Webcast anywhere available to watch/dl?

Quote Originally Posted by noz
    Is the Webcast anywhere available to watch/dl?
    You can Stream some of the Matches on their frontpage now.
    http://thecgs.com/index.php?region=none

Quote Originally Posted by Meganight
    You can Stream some of the Matches on their frontpage now.
    http://thecgs.com/index.php?region=none
    the final game isnt on yet =(

While doing a 2vs2 competition was obviously stupid, the 3vs3 promised to be interesting.

Sadly, none of the teams except Pandemic were prepared or played up to their capabilities. One would expect a much closer fight of 2 locks + heal vs RMP in the finals. Haven't had a chance to watch the games yet, but people left and right keep saying it was a rather boring exhibition of Pandemic schooling the other teams like some random 1800 rating team.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Can these matches be watched anywhere now that they're finished ?

Some of them can be watched at the official site from the tournament holders, but only 3 2v2's from what I remember.

As for the class being poorly balanced, I agree -but I don't think it's a valid discussion as the teams are fully able to choose who goes in there.