Shadow Priest PvP gemming

Ok, well now, I just picked up the whole S1 set thru the honor system for my alt, but I've no idea how to gem for PvP on it. I've got a really beautiful 1200 damage PvE set already, so there's no need to take it into any universal need, just what I'd need for BGs and some light arena.

Can anyone offer me any ideas?

Re: Shadow Priest PvP gemming

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Ok, well now, I just picked up the whole S1 set thru the honor system for my alt, but I've no idea how to gem for PvP on it. I've got a really beautiful 1200 damage PvE set already, so there's no need to take it into any universal need, just what I'd need for BGs and some light arena.

Can anyone offer me any ideas?
    what are you current stats? mainly hp/spell damage/resil.

i would say you want 330 resil, as you will easily be the focus of many groups, at least depending on which arenas you plan on doing. also spell damage favors you far more than spell crit. i imagine the base would be 10-11k hp with 330 resil, then boost spell damage from there, but i am not an expert in it. 10k and 330 resil is far for an alt, even with s1/vind pieces. if you were a main i would probably say 12k and 400 resil.

+8 resilience gems for all yellow slots and 5+ spell damage and 6 stamina for red slots.

I went ahead and took 4 resi/6 stam and 5 dmg/6 stam gems and nabbed the 18 stam/stun resist meta, thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    I went ahead and took 4 resi/6 stam and 5 dmg/6 stam gems and nabbed the 18 stam/stun resist meta, thanks for the input
    that is exactly how i gem my gear

Now welcome to the world of PvP shadowpriets, where you will suck even with 300+ resi and 11k+ HP and where any noob rogue will take you down in a blink of an eye.

I do perfectly fine in PvP, there are high rated Shadow Priests in every bracket. I agree the class needs a change or two, namely mana regen (which is absolutely horseshit for Shadow Priests, if you've never played one, you have no idea how bad it is, not even Hunter is anywhere near as bad) but I don't think it sucks at all.

Rogues are crushing everyone at the moment. My main is a damned Holy Pally, one of the supposed counters to Rogues, I can't even take action between controlled stuns, stun procs, kick, gouge, and AR/Prep burning me to the floor through 17,000 armor and 390 resil. It makes absolutely no sense. What exactly even counters Rogues anymore? Oh god please say Warrior, so I can have a laugh

It's a great time to be a caster in WoW with AR/Prep Rogues dominating and Hunters being given a Dispel, which to me is still the single worst idea Blizzard has ever had. I am great with Hunters getting buffs, but god take that fucking dispel off and turn it into something that'll help them more and not ruin silly battleground fun. Perhaps a non-cast interrupting knockback or something to help them with kiting/range in 5s