Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury Warrior +hit cap

I was talking to some rogue guildies last night and they said that the +hit cap for rogues is 365. Thats pretty high if you ask me, but im not really sure since i play a fury warrior. They said that since both of our class dual wields, the same issue (desireable +hit rating) applies to both of us.
    I was always under the impression that duel wielding fury warriors should strive for around 240ish +hit when doing 25 man raids. (16% to miss) x (15 since each +1% hit is about 15) = 240ish.
    The other fury warrior said that offhand miss chance is 25%...subtract 3% from talents gives 22%. (22% to miss) x (15 + hit rating) = 330ish...which is what you should strive for.

Does anyone know the correct +hit that a fury warrior should have when vs'ing 25 man raids (like vashj or some high level boss)? Thank you in advance

Re: Fury Warrior +hit cap

Myself I wouldn't gem any +hit gems 'cause when you get more gear you will get hit more and more. When I was fury and after some SSC/TK raiding I had 240 hit rating and it was enough. If you look warriors like Nay from eu-wowarmory you will see that he has 220 hit rating as fury and rough 35% crit. Going for hit cap is just stupidy and failing.

And guys, go for slam!

You also have to take diminishing returns in to consideration. When you reach 220-240ish hit rating you probably get more dps from boosting other stats, like AP/crit, than keep stacking hit rating.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Well the miss chance is 28 % for dual wielding but read this...

http://blessingofkings.blogspot.com/...osses.html#hit

If im already at 220-240..I should focus on boosting other stats in order to increase total dps output. Thats what im getting from reading the posts...but WHY should i stop at 220-240?

The link above states that for warriors (with precision), the cap is 395. Thats a LOT more than 220, about 175 more hit rating that you can increase until you've hit the cap.

Why should you stop at 220-240 opposed to like...300 or something? Ive seen rogues doing BT who stack +hit (orange +hit and agil gem) in nearly every slot. Im pretty sure they've gone past 250...but why are they stacking so much +hit? Why not just straight up put agil or crit rating?

You shouldn't compare rogues and fury warriors. They aren't the same. Fury warriors need the AP for Bloodthirst and crit for keeping simple Flurry up 24/7. Do you have the 220-240 with +hit gems or without?

Once you hit about 100 hit rating, you don't need gem/sacrifice for hit. I am not saying that you dont still need it, but other stats, such as crit, AP, armor penetration, and haste boost DPS by a ton more than hit does. Take hit when its available, but its not that godstat that some make it out to be.

13 or 14% without talents is plenty. Most you should even talent is 1 and spend the other two in weapon mastery. A fury warrior's main goal with hit is to make it so your specials don't miss, which is 9%. You should be going for AP/crit and then armor penetration. Hit will come to you....and honestly more than you could really need.

Never, ever gem hit. Unless it's the epic str/hit gem from I think heroic Shadow Labs. Then that is allowed because it's free.

I stack hit to achieve 220ish +hit rating even though my crit rating is a little gimped imo. AP gets insanely high during boss fights and the issue becomes threat (even with salvation on) instead of critting. I figure that if i have more + hit against bosses (past 220ish), i can bust out a lot more dps...

however it seems that the general consensus is to leave +hit at 230ish and stack crit and AP in order to optimize dps.

thank you all for the input

Sidetrack: heroic strike vs slam?
    Sidetrack #2: when does haste come into play...

Im raiding SSC/TK with sub-T5 gear btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Visara
    Sidetrack: heroic strike vs slam?
    Common mistake, slam is ONLY for 2h spec 'cause it resets swingtimer.

Could you link some armory?

I asked about Slam cuz i saw that you said "and guys, go for slam!" in your earlier post. I thought it was something that other people do as fury...which was strange imo. It did immense dps in MS pve though @___@

Anyways, heres the armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jatar&n=Visara

Its not impressive, so be nice. >_<

Sidetrack#3: I have a question about fury warrior offhand, so should i post it here or should i just make up a new thread?

Looks good, just moar pve gear. When you get more +hit rating gear just drop down the hit rating gems.

What about offhands?

So with the introduction of patch 2.3, it is more desirable to get a slow offhand to max dps. I dont get it, but hells, its there so i gotta deal with it. Prior to that, i stuck with the concept of a FAST offhand since it hits faster and generated more rage.
    So I luckily got my hands on Akil'zon's talonblade http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33214 (pretty damn ugly blade if you ask me) and was pretty happy that it has a lotta damage (95 dps) with a really fast swing time (1.5). Pretty good right? hmmmmm...not with 2.3

After doing some research, it seems that a good offhand would be the one found in ZA (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33640) cuz its 1. slow with speed of 2.6, 2. has 20 hit rating (going back to the hit rating question...) and 3. does high damage with 95 dps.

Figuring its more desirable to get Fury as an offhand, i didnt want to waste valuable mats to throw a mongoose on the talonblade. Id rather wait for Fury to drop in ZA. Is this a thinking error on my part to throw the akil'zon blade aside as a subpar OH choice for fury warriors (not rogues)?...or is the akil'zon blade still a viable weapon of choice (over Fury?)? Im getting Dragonstrike as a mainhander btw.

Another question is this: If i happen to attain both weapons (Fury and Akilzon blade) and happily DPS a boss down to 20 percent (execute range) with the slow offhander...

In that scenario, is it better to equip the much faster Akil'zon Talonblade in OH to generate more rage for execute spams? or does the scenario not change at all...ie stick with Fury in the OH?

Only time using two slow one handers will make a real difference is in an AoE situation. Single target WW is a minimal part of your dmg. You should base your decision for an offhand more on it's overall dps and stats. Even after 2.3 I still hold a preference for a 1.5-1.8 speed offhand on bosses. Only time I use a slow offhand (which is 2.6) is on hyjal trash.

As for chants, don't chant your OH with mongoose. Always go with +20 str on the OH and Executioner on the MH. I'm cheap and waiting for a new mh to before I swap from goose to executioner.

Good point biohazard!

For OH enchants, you say go with 20 str? Why not just go with Executioner (a lot stronger than 40 AP) or Mongoose (increased atk speed)? I dont quite get it...

if i can join as a rokue here ... only 19/42/0 rogues are aiming for 300+ and the reason is Combat potency. About the warriors as far as i can say if u stick up to 220+ up to 240 hit and spend ur sockets/future lewts for xtra AP/crit u`ll benefit more.Currently i`m raiding with 316 hit and 5/5 Precision which is total 25.06% hit and i`m glad with it . and back on topic as it was posted before don`t aim for rogues % hit u can see by ur own how often bosses dodge/miss ur attacks and make ur calculations does it worth it to screw some crit/ap item for aditional hit raiting

Good point biohazard!

For OH enchants, you say go with 20 str? Why not just go with Executioner (a lot stronger than 40 AP) or Mongoose (increased atk speed)? I dont quite get it...
    It doesn't proc so often from OH. So that's why +20str is better.

Good point biohazard!

Procs with offhand weapons have never been that great to begin with. Executioner is the better chant for fury warriors between it and goose. Executioner does not stack with itself like mongoose. if you were a rogue mongoose would be worth having because you get the crit/attack speed AS WELL as ap from the proc. 20 str on the offhand is a total of 48 ap after you factor in imp zerk stance's attack power bonus and BoK. 53 ap if you have an enhancement shaman in your group (10% of 48 = 4.8 rounded up = 5) that has a good amount of crit. So 53 ap virtually constant VS. goose on the oh which will only be up about once every minute and a half or so (lose the chance to proc because you don't get instants and the oh WW hits don't seem to be proccing anything, not even flurry if it crits).

So always go with Potency on the OH. You could probably find more detailed math telling you the same thing over at elitist jerks.

Thats strange that even though you put Potency on OH as the #1 enchant to go as fury, I still have yet to see that. Everyone i notice...or maybe that fury warriors are hard to come by...has either Mongoose+Mongoose or, from my opinion of the optimal enchant, Exe+Mongoose (respectively from MH to OH).

I guess it was wrong to assume that just because its a more ridiculously expensive enchant that its better.

Thats strange that even though you put Potency on OH as the #1 enchant to go as fury, I still have yet to see that. Everyone i notice...or maybe that fury warriors are hard to come by...has either Mongoose+Mongoose or, from my opinion of the optimal enchant, Exe+Mongoose (respectively from MH to OH).

I guess it was wrong to assume that just because its a more ridiculously expensive enchant that its better.
    There are also tons of MS warriors with axes running around with a 35 agility enchant, they're just dumb and look for pretty numbers rather than doing some research on what is actually better.