Winter Veil, Gas clouds, PTR, Comics.

Winter Veil - Additional Information
    Two updates about the Winter Veil.

Christmas Hat drops
    Christmas came early this year and [item=21524] and [item=21525] are already dropping from bosses (It wasn't supposed to happen until 25th december according to the official site). However, it won't be as easy as you think, level 60 bosses don't drop these hats for level 70 players, you will have to run regular outland instances to get them.

Winter Veil bosses of Azeroth
    • War Master Voone (Blackrock Spire) - Red Winter Hat
    • Emperor Dagran Thaurissan (Blackrock Depths) - Red Winter Hat
    • Cannon Master Willey (Stratholme) - Red Winter Hat
    • Goraluk Anvilcrack (Blackrock Spire) - Green Winter Hat
    • Prince Tortheldrin (Dire Maul) - Green Winter Hat
    • Darkmaster Gandling (Scholomance) - Green Winter Hat

Winter Veil bosses of Outland
    • Captain Skarloc (Escape from Durnholde Keep) - Red Winter Hat
    • Nethermancer Sepethrea (The Mechanar) - Red Winter Hat
    • High Botanist Freywinn (The Botanica) - Red Winter Hat
    • Grand Warlock Nethekurse (Shattered Halls) - Green Winter Hat
    • Grandmaster Vorpil (Shadow Labyrinth) - Green Winter Hat
    • Exarch Maladaar (Auchenai Crypts) - Green Winter Hat

New patterns
    Good news ! You're supposed to get new patterns like [item=34261] directly in your mail from Great Father Winter himself. Bad news, nobody exactly knows how to get them.
    Originally Posted by Syndri (Blue Tracker)
    We're currently investigating this matter—quite avidly, to be brutally honest—and hope to reach a solid answer shortly; until then, we will be unable to directly assist any players who have not yet received Winter Veil patterns or recipes, as we must establish baseline requisites before providing such items to the public.

Once more, you have my most sincere apologies for leading you astray; nonetheless, our intent has not changed—we still wish to ensure that all those deserving of these patterns and recipes acquire them—though our method of "attack" has altered slightly for the time being.
    On a side note, it seems that both [item=34319] and [item=34261] are bugged and let you skill up your tailoring up to 375 even if they're gray, but i'm not the one who told you. (I guess it's a nice christmas present for tailors, but I doubt it was intended)

Update : Free skillup hotfixed.

-----------------------------

Gas clouds hotfix
    According to various mails and reports I got, it seems that Gas Cloud harvesting has been successfuly hotfixed and is now working again. You can now enjoy your easy primal farming again.

2.3.2 PTR - Account Status
    Yesterday I posted "The PTR authentication servers were not updated between 2.3 and 2.3.2, meaning that if your password changed or if your account was otherwise invalid prior to October 8th you will not be eligible for the 2.3.2 PTR."

This was an horrible copy paste from the blue post that I didn't take the time to read carefully and it's actually very misleading. You can play on PTRs without problems if you changed your password after October 8th, you will just have to use your old password.

Comics
    Can't say you didn't see that one coming.

Re: Winter Veil, Gas clouds, PTR, Comics.

I found [Pattern: Green Winter Clothes] in my mail, after saving that deer, instant extra reward.
    and a guildie of mine too.

[Pattern: Red Winter Clothes], although grey gave me 10 skill points - 365 to 375 while making around 20. Much easier than using proper patterns

Also got the boots pattern on my leatherworker, made 6 boots and got 2 skill points at 360+.

Maybe it really is christmas, cheap leatherworking skill points for all

Quote Originally Posted by Draynaria
    [Pattern: Red Winter Clothes], although grey gave me 10 skill points - 365 to 375 while making around 20. Much easier than using proper patterns

Also got the boots pattern on my leatherworker, made 6 boots and got 2 skill points at 360+.

Maybe it really is christmas, cheap leatherworking skill points for all
    Just tried this on Icecrown, did 22 combines at 365 and got zero skillups. They appear to have hotfixed this.

Didn't work for me on EU-Wrathbringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Striph
    Just tried this on Icecrown, did 22 combines at 365 and got zero skillups. They appear to have hotfixed this.
    yup, looks fixed. Made a load of boots this morning to no success. Mean

Logging on to 3 different toons each time after initially talking with
    Father Christmas I had a pattern/recipe in my mailbox:

My Tailor (lvl 70) received [Pattern: Red Winter Clothes] and [Recipe: Hot Apple Cider]
    My Leatherworker (lvl 49) received [Pattern: Winter Boots] and [Recipe: Hot Apple Cider]
    and my Engineer (lvl 70) received only the [Recipe: Hot Apple Cider]

Leading me to believe you will receive a crafting pattern per your profession, except there appears to not be one for Engineer's (or mine at least).

there is a engineer one, its a snowball machine

Wasnt also last year a Potion and an enchant?