Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor
    yeah classtimer pretty much is what i was searching for. i tried it yesterday but it was bugged, now it works, thanks

now theres still my other problem:
    http://www.wowace.com/projects/ghost-pulse/ Maybe that might help? I am going to have a look at it and see if I can make it work for what I want. Also, maybe Mikscrollingbattletext? I'll check it all out and let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by ainuri
    Align might be what you are looking for, with the command /align it places a grid on your screen. You will find it on Curse.
    Thx alot for the help Ainuri

Another day another question
    What addon do you guys sugest to replace the Tooltip?
    I used TinyTip for quite some time but it seems that it isnt being update for quite some time now.

Sugestions are welcome.
    Ths mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sankara
    Another day another question
    What addon do you guys sugest to replace the Tooltip?
    I used TinyTip for quite some time but it seems that it isnt being update for quite some time now.

Sugestions are welcome.
    Ths mates.
    i loaded cowtip, seems pretty doable, even if it carries a lil more info than i might want at a glance. info is editable though..

i miss tinytip

TipTac

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    TipTac
    I went to TipTac from Cowtip to get away from Rock. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    I went to TipTac from Cowtip to get away from Rock. Works fine.
    Thx for the Sympathy, ant1pahty

Quote Originally Posted by ainuri
    Aloft is fantastic for the health above players heads, but it has not been updated yet for the new patch, keep an eye out on Curse over the next few days.
    Thanks alot Ainuri, Aloft was just the thing. Now i'm eagerly awaiting an update

Hi im using, wowmatrix to keep my mods updated, but with the resent patch I've tried updating my mods and most of them still not updated, does anyone know if wowmatrix still working??? im really used to my mods and i feel lost and nekked help!!

What is happening?

After about a hour or 2 struggling to get everything sorted I find

Ideas are welcome!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by buckybadger
    I have a question regarding grid.

I have it setup exactly the way I want, but sometimes when I login all the settings are gone. So i created a new profile that is not default and set it up as i want it. Then after a couple of logins it reset my grid so I didn't have my profile anymore.

What is causing this resetting and how can I prevent it? I ended up making a macro to setup the way I want each time I login but that is not a good fix to this problem. I am running on Vista BTW. Thanks
    Vista gives me a bunch of trouble with my addons ... the #1 thing I can think of is move your installation to C:\Games\World of Warcraft\ instead of Program Files. Before, I had to put my addons in a secret place (Users/Username/AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons) and it sucked. Hopefully it works better where I have it now.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey.After patch im making totaly new ui for me,without downloading any compilation.and here i got problem.in my old ui there was some script,that when i moved map,texture under this moved too.i want same here with my action bars and textures under them.anyone have idea how to do this?

edit:forgot to write,im using kgpanels and dominos.

Would anybody know how I'm able to remove that possible names list in Prat 3.0? don't wanna disable that actual module otherwise I would lose class colour names.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix

Would anybody know how I'm able to remove that possible names list in Prat 3.0? don't wanna disable that actual module otherwise I would lose class colour names.

Thanks in advance
    ive found when using the old prat that it would attempt to find names the second i would type part of the name and then press the tab button, so i recommend that you dont press the tab button while typing out names

yes i realize i have my target frame extending in my chat box but thats easily fixed

ive got a few questions on how i can set my prat up to like how i used to have. ive attached a picture and one of them is that stupid little down arrow that would show up when ive scrolled up looking at something telling me that something is down there, who do i get rid of that?
    the second is how do i just flat out get rid of those tabs on the top of the chat frame?
    third is how do i make it where im typing to move around to like where the "chat tab" is so i can make the overall frame flush with that bottom of my screen?
    and last but not least before i was able to basically press shift and go press the left or right button to highlight stuff ive typed outed to just spam but now it just moves my character

Two questions about mods.

#1 I used to have one when i put the mouse over an item (say runecloth) it would tell me how many i had on each of my toons. total 120 Palv 80 Timmy 40

#2 For Ret is there one that will flash when i get a free instant heal. I tried SCT and Parot but neither play a sound to help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crankmonkey
    ive found when using the old prat that it would attempt to find names the second i would type part of the name and then press the tab button, so i recommend that you dont press the tab button while typing out names
    I know that, but I usually use tab to scroll through the last people I whispered but those names that appeared in the chat was not on the list that I whispered last

Anyone know the mods or the UI of this?

[http://files.filefront.com/brutbmp/;12084959;/file][/url]

Anyone knows when the Addons like, Prat and other mods will be updated for patch 3.0.2? I've tried but I can't see what I am writing myself.

Prat and Chatter are updated for the current patch.