1. #3021

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    I've got some addon that chokes my FPS quite hard. Thing is - I don't want to use the elimination process cause it's simply too annoying. Any idea of an addon that monitors addon "traffic" detailed enough for me to track down which addon is causing my problem?

  2. #3022
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    There are some cpu/memory watching addons out there. Mara has one called broker_cpu (I believe), if you use a DataBroker display addon.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  3. #3023
    Dreadlord Roangut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The pumpkin patch
    Posts
    833

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    I'm looking for a few add ons to create a similar UI to what i used back in EQ2. I dug out a screen shot and highlighted some of the specific features for labeling purposes. also to help see what I'm talking about.




    1.Green: Shows what active spells I'm maintaining on myself/others and the timers.

    2.Blue: compact Unit frames that show the players name and class. also debuffs next to their health, not under.

    3.Red: Something that shows my target and my target's target.

    4.Yellow: raid unit frames that are more compact.

    5.Orange: somthing that just shows all the buffs that are on me.


    I'm also looking for a good chat addon, the ones I've tried don't seem to work. a simple addon that I can filter trade chat into its own tab and party/raid into another.


    Edit: how do you shrink the picture down to a thumbnail?
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

  4. #3024

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    I think that was their castbar addon doing that, honestly.
    Any ideas what cast bar addon it was?

  5. #3025
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @Toez

    Nope

    @Roangut

    I'll be honest. For the Green section, I know of nothing that DISPLAYS like that. But I use ZOMGBuffs for easy buffing of party/raid members.

    The Blue, Red, and Yellow areas can be duplicated with most UF addons - Pitbull, oUF, agUF, Stuf, etc. - with some configuration work. I could do it easiest in Pitbull, but that's only because I've got a lot of familiarity with that UF addon.

    I'd use an addon like SatrinaBuffFrames or Bison for the Orange section.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  6. #3026
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    169

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut
    Edit: how do you shrink the picture down to a thumbnail?
    Use Paint Shoh Pro or some other program there can do it, or you can find a homepage where you can shrink it.
    After that you just use:
    [ url = http://your.imagelink.here ] [ img ] http://your.thumb.imagelink.here [ /img ] [ /url ]

    or you can set a width on pic if you cant make a thumb

    [ url = http://your.imagelink.here ] [ img width=300 ] http://your.imagelink.here [ /img ] [ /url ]
    (Not sure if that will cost you a ban to do this...)

    Result:
    [img width=300]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii186/Laythe89/lookingforUI.jpg[/img]

  7. #3027
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @Roangut

    Or, in an alternate to Submann's method, you can get a Photobucket account, upload your pic there, and use the "Img Thumb" link they give you. Or HDImage, and their "Forum Thumb" or whatever it's called. Many of the good upload sites allow you to do this, without doing any extra work beyond figuring out which link you need to copy/paste.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  8. #3028

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @Roangut

    Or, in an alternate to Submann's method, you can get a Photobucket account, upload your pic there, and use the "Img Thumb" link they give you. Or HDImage, and their "Forum Thumb" or whatever it's called. Many of the good upload sites allow you to do this, without doing any extra work beyond figuring out which link you need to copy/paste.
    imageshack does have a Forum Thumb feature as well just click on the tab and gives you the code.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  9. #3029

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Hi all,

    I once used a Unit frame that kinda was one big squared portrait, with healthbar and mana/ragebar just beneath health.
    Do you remember the name of it? I posted a link to a imagefile, which i have drawn, if it could help someone remember the name for me, since i would like to try it out if it still *updated for wow*.

    thanks!

    Link:
    http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unavngivetf.jpg


    [img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/999/unavngivetf.jpg]

  10. #3030

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Hello, I'm trying to remove the error text that is poping up constantly saying "out of range", "not enough mana", "you can't do that here" and so on. The small red text at the top of the screen.
    Any ideas?

  11. #3031
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @esmik
    All of the major UF addons can be set up that way. I vaguely remember that agUF had a pre-made layout that was similar to that, but i'm not sure - it's been some years since I've used agUF (at least, I think it was agUF).

    @overneathe

    I believe ErrorMonster takes care of that. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...r-monster.aspx
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  12. #3032

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @ Taryble

    It's not ag_Unit Frames. I've tried it, and i found and older version which contained the "Layout" that im looking for, but the addon itself isn't ag_UF.

    Someone remember back 2 years ago where there wasnt that many unit frames, and pls tell me which one this is!

    [img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/999/unavngivetf.jpg]

  13. #3033

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Discord Unit Frames was ( or <a href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...555457&sid=1"> is?</a> ) best for custom frames

  14. #3034

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by esmik
    @ Taryble

    It's not ag_Unit Frames. I've tried it, and i found and older version which contained the "Layout" that im looking for, but the addon itself isn't ag_UF.

    Someone remember back 2 years ago where there wasnt that many unit frames, and pls tell me which one this is!

    [img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/999/unavngivetf.jpg]
    you can do that with pitbull currently. forgot what the layout was called i think it was ABF.

    Quote Originally Posted by IJimmyI
    Discord Unit Frames was ( or <a href="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...555457&sid=1"> is?</a> ) best for custom frames
    they were horrible and probably the biggest memory hog of an addon that ever existed. Pitbull has since then become the most popular and the most easily configured unitframe out for wow at the moment.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

  15. #3035
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @esmik

    I'll be honest, I could do that layout in 5 minutes or less with Pitbull 3 or Pitbull 4. It's an extremely simple and basic UF setup.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  16. #3036

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @esmik
    All of the major UF addons can be set up that way. I vaguely remember that agUF had a pre-made layout that was similar to that, but i'm not sure - it's been some years since I've used agUF (at least, I think it was agUF).

    @overneathe

    I believe ErrorMonster takes care of that. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...r-monster.aspx
    Thanks mate, this did the trick for me!

  17. #3037

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    http://www.hdimage.org/images/rgsbiz...1909213505.jpg

    In this screen what addon is it that displays fps, latency and other data below the action bars?



  18. #3038

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    @Waking: That's probably SLDataText, OR StatBlockCore. You can find them both on wowinterface.

  19. #3039

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Travvybear
    @Waking: That's probably SLDataText, OR StatBlockCore. You can find them both on wowinterface.
    yeah sldatatext was what i was looking for. thanks alot



  20. #3040

    Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

    What's the addon that removes the standard minimap in the right corner?

    Thanks in advance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •