Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

wowmatrix is a webscapper, and made of fail. Safer to get proper versions from the svn-repo.

What we need to do is to create a UI linking system for compilations that combines a addon with a source, and then fetches it from there.

I would like to make Eclipse buff (Balance druid talent) shown on my player frame (using pitbull) with the option to show only my buffs enabled. I can see my auras, my hots, my buffs, everything except Eclipse.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    What we need to do is to create a UI linking system for compilations that combines a addon with a source, and then fetches it from there.
    A-fucking-men, and I thought that's what Curse might be doing with their compilation plans. Would seriously reduce the headache of keeping them up to date, as long as the addon doesn't make any MAJOR changes.

http://hdimage.org/viewer.php?file=8...wg_customx.jpg

I'd like to know what that black splashy dripping thing is at the bottom behind the bars and on/behind the unit frames.

Thanks

The art is done probably with kgpanels, using his own custom textures

I have the same weird little annoying bar on my UI, I was going to post here asking about it too. Addons I have that are the same as yours are Bartender, DBM, Grid, OmniCC, Recount and SexyMap. A friend of mine has it as well, and I believe he shares Bartender, OmniCC, Recount, and SexyMap with us.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a bug in SexyMap. Specifically, the part that tells you who's pinging the minimap.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Sinflury

He's using Aloft, from what I can see - I'm pretty sure evl_nameplates doesn't look like that, and they're the only 2 nameplate addons I'm aware of.

Probably been asked a Million times over and its probably in this thread somwhere but im lazy = ( please can some one tell me whats the name of the UI addon that makes the Health Mana/energy/Rage/targets health in a Goldeneye style semi circles around the screen centre.

Sorry for not looking that hard my self and thanks in advance.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There's a dozen or so of them. All of them have the letters "HUD" in their name. Well, except one. Underhood, MetaHUD, ArcHUD, etc...

I got a question about grid, is there any way you can change the color of "Center text 2"?

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    I would like to make Eclipse buff (Balance druid talent) shown on my player frame (using pitbull) with the option to show only my buffs enabled. I can see my auras, my hots, my buffs, everything except Eclipse.
    Anyone?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Hellow fellow wow players.
    I have a question about pitbull. I want to see how much procent my target has left? ant ide how?

nevermind found it:
    [PercentHP(unit="player")]

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Pitbull3 - go to Target / Texts / Health. In the DogTag area for it, use a dogtag similar to this:
    Code:
     [fractionalhp:hpcolor " | " percenthp:percent:hpcolor]
    That will give you an HP display similar to "10000/20000 | 50%", with the | in the middle being white.

If you're like me, and are anal about symbols, I use this one:
    Code:
     [Outline][((Status or HP:Color('ff7f7f')) "/" MaxHP:Color('ff7f7f') " | " PercentHP:Color('ff7f7f') "%")]
    ends up more like "10000/20000 | 50%" (everything in black shows up as white in Pitbull, and all text has a thin black outline).

Can anyone tell me the debuff tracker used in this shot / video?

It's a capture from this video: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=108019

From the shot I'd assume classtimer, but when watching it in the video it's behavior doens't really look like it is.

Sympathy, and it's being updated. The author popped on a few weeks ago to see if there was any interest, so keep an eye out.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Huatok

You're right, it LOOKs like ClassTimers. But it does appear to be showing the next ticks of DoT's, so maybe DoTimer?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Pitbull3 - go to Target / Texts / Health. In the DogTag area for it, use a dogtag similar to this:
    Code:
     [fractionalhp:hpcolor " | " percenthp:percent:hpcolor]
    That will give you an HP display similar to "10000/20000 | 50%", with the | in the middle being white.

If you're like me, and are anal about symbols, I use this one:
    Code:
     [Outline][((Status or HP:Color('ff7f7f')) "/" MaxHP:Color('ff7f7f') " | " PercentHP:Color('ff7f7f') "%")]
    ends up more like "10000/20000 | 50%" (everything in black shows up as white in Pitbull, and all text has a thin black outline).

ah sweet thx m8.
    Another question, does anybody else have problem open config in pitbull? Nothing happens when i press the +

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@zentrikz

It's an occasional problem, caused by a bug in, I believe, the Rock libraries that Pitbull 3 uses for configuration. The only fix I know of is "/reloadui". Which is a pain in the tail.

I moved to Pitbull 4, as it uses a more regularly updated and more stable set of libraries (Ace3). Also good are StUF, oUF, and ag_UF.

does anyone know where to find a biginners guide for designing brand new UI's? Like litterly creating a Add-On of my own. Making it look the way i want it to bla bla bla? realisticly i guess a programming guide. what programs i would need, jus tthe whole kit. A-Z