Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

@Ardena
    I've never used SLDataTexts, so I don't know. I use Fortress and a collection of LDB addons instead.

TipTac has a lovely default tooltip, and I've had no need or desire to change it's default display, except for customizing it's display of HP and Mana bars. It's written by Aezay, and he's very good about keeping things very configurable.

I believe the guildrank line can be changed like so:
    Code:
    [classcolor][if isinguild then guildrank " of " guild]
    I'm not CERTAIN of that "isinguild" bit, but you may be able to check the DogTag Help that's in-game in CowTip. It SHOULD have something similar to that.

The unitframes I use (StUF) also don't use dogtags - they have a simple, small built in tag section, and can also be set up to use lua.

Deleted

As I was looking through my favorite website, I found an image. It's not WoW related, I am just curious if anyone knows which font is used here?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...5206449397.jpg

It's not a keylogger, if you don't trust that link then here's another one,

http://roflrazzi.com/upcoming/?pid=3621

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Chatter, Dominos w/ ButtonFacade skin (Play around with them), Omen, Recount, Basic Minimap, etc... anything else?
    Do you know what the healthbars are? They're not pitbull, or dominoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @Ardena
    I've never used SLDataTexts, so I don't know. I use Fortress and a collection of LDB addons instead.

TipTac has a lovely default tooltip, and I've had no need or desire to change it's default display, except for customizing it's display of HP and Mana bars. It's written by Aezay, and he's very good about keeping things very configurable.

I believe the guildrank line can be changed like so:
    Code:
    [classcolor][if isinguild then guildrank " of " guild]
    I'm not CERTAIN of that "isinguild" bit, but you may be able to check the DogTag Help that's in-game in CowTip. It SHOULD have something similar to that.

The unitframes I use (StUF) also don't use dogtags - they have a simple, small built in tag section, and can also be set up to use lua.
    I use StUF as well, I thought the built in tag section was actually just a basic tutorial into dogtags, which is how I knew the basics. About fortress/LDB and TipTac, I'll look into those. Tried to modify the CowTip Font, seems like you can't change the size, so I'm dumping that. I'll try the [if isinguild then guildrank " of " guild], just to let the people here know if it works.
    The ingame help for dogtags that Cowtip has is kinda complicated, at least for me, that's why I came here. I also use AzCastBar, so I knew Aezay already, if he's written TipTac I'm certainly going to check it out. Thanks for the help.
    EDIT: Got the "Of" part out of the way with experimenting around a bit with your dogtag, what I ended up with is
    [ClassColor (if IsPlayer then GuildRank " of " Guild end)]
    . Not sure what happens when I mouse over an unguilded player, but I can now happily mouse over NPC's again. Again, thanks for the help.

Do you know what the healthbars are? They're not pitbull, or dominoes.
    It's certainly not dominoes, that's an actionbar replacement. About not being pitbull, most UFs can be set up the way it's set up on that pic, including Pitbull. Set the width to a pretty high number, change the height of the powerbar to a tad lower than the healthbar, change the healthbar color to classcolor. Copy the settings for Target. For ToT, just set the width pretty low, remove the powerbar, healthtext, powerbar, and have the name be in the middle of the bar, and you've pretty much got that UF.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I could totally go for a murderous rampage right now. I played Grand Theft Auto once and so I'm really jonesing for a chainsaw and a hooker, y'know?
    Unfortunately, because I play WoW, I'm too busy losing my job and my girlfriend and becoming obese and losing the ability to communicate in real life and so on to go out and steal the chainsaw.
    What is a gamer to do?
    If you notice I made an error in my post, grammatical, punctuational, whatever, Please send me a PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Ardena
    StUF doesn't really use dogtags. He uses something similar, but it's a very stripped down thing. Only a handful each of colors, items, and conditionals, and his syntax is very simplistic. However, it does allow for lua code instead of his tag system.

Fortress is an LDB "display" addon. LDB is basically a replacement for the Fubar scheme. For Fubar, addons had to code specifically for Fubar. With LDB, they code for LDB, and it will work for any LDB display addon. There's several - Titan Bar, ChocolateBar, Fortress, StatBlockCore, Ninjabar, and others - that will display any LDB plugin. This way, an addon doesn't have to have code for a 'launcher' for Fubar AND for Titan - it just has to have a code for an LDB launcher, and it'll work for any LDB addon.

There's also a "Broker2Fubar" plugin, that will let you use LDB addons on Fubar, and a "Fubar2Broker" addon that will convert most Fubar plugins to LDB addons. LDB stands for "LibDataBroker", so they're often referred to as "Broker" addons.

The in-game Dogtag Help feature is more like an API description - which, really, is what it is. But it does have a nice box for testing out Dogtags before you enter then into an addon.

@Invi
    Honestly, I believe that is most likely a StUF or an oUF setup. I notice that the Name and Power bars are actually shorter than the Health bar, and are individually bordered, both of which indicate to me that it's not a Pitbull setup. The Raid Frames are done in Grid, however.

@bathingjapes
    Those unitframes can be done with any of the major highly configurable UF addons - Pitbull3, Pitbull4, StUF, oUF.

Thanks, I didn't know pitbull was capable of that really.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @Invi
    Honestly, I believe that is most likely a StUF or an oUF setup. I notice that the Name and Power bars are actually shorter than the Health bar, and are individually bordered, both of which indicate to me that it's not a Pitbull setup. The Raid Frames are done in Grid, however.
    Thank you, I'll look into those. :-)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@bathingjapes

Pitbull 3 and 4 are among the easiest and most configurable UF addons out there. oUF requires that the majority of configuration be done by editing lua code, unless you're using the oUF_Nivea layout. Pitbull 3/4 and StUF both include in-game configuration.

Of the two, Pitbull is easier to configure, because the bars are highly configurable inside of certain constraints - all of the "bars" must be rectangular, and fit inside a rectangular frame, and the only way to have a bar not cross the entire width of the frame is to have another bar (or portrait) set to the left or right sides. Pitbull3 uses DogTags, a highly modifiable text system, while Pitbull 4 can choose between Dogtags or LuaTexts, in which the texts are all done by writing lua code.

StUF includes individual placement and sizing of bars, even to allowing them to be placed outside the frame. Yeah, you heard me. Bars can cross each other, be placed side-by-side, etc, etc. It has a built-in text tag system, similar to a stripped down and simplified Dogtag system, and can also have texts written in lua code.

StUF is more configurable, but you pay for the extra configurability with a major increase in complexity of configuration. I'll dig up some examples of UF's with Pitbull3/4 and StUF here in a bit and edit them into this post.

EDIT: Here's some cropped SS's of different UF setups I've used in the past.
    EDIT2: Wow, this post is getting big. Removing embeds, converting to thumbnails.
    EDIT3: That'll teach me to hand-type my URL's. Fixed the last Pitbull link and the first StUF link.

First up, Pitbull 3/4. (5 of them)

And now a couple of StUF UF's. (3 of them)

Great post, man. I had to look at them and really study the pitbull menu to figure it out, but thank you a lot. Now my UI looks better

Deleted

oke i have a little problem with Cowtip atm

when i enable Line Texts, when i mouse over a Quest mob it doesn't show
    up on the tooltip like 0/10 or somthing. And when i turn of Line texts
    it shows up,

I updated Qh and Cowtip, but still no count,

Can any one help me plx

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Devillien
    It may be a combination of Cowtip's Line Texts, QH, and the fact that Blizzard is ALSO trying to put the quest mob info on the tooltip. Try disabling the quest info on mob tooltips in QH - that info is built into the tooltip info that blizzard gives now.

i was wondering if some one could help me out and show me how to make a cool looking unit frame with pitbull or anything over then x-perl

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by supershred
    i was wondering if some one could help me out and show me how to make a cool looking unit frame with pitbull or anything over then x-perl
    You can try visiting http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...-tutorial.html

That vid helped me with Pitbull3, personally.

You can also visit
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...ial-links.html

Just for S&G if you want to check out some extra tutorials.

So what would ask is WTF is this? (down the black frame(
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/090805/WoWScr...toltes.hu_.jpg

When im resto spec i got no problem only when i change to feral spec, i have this since 3.2 launch

what i might think is skinner or atlas panel, but i cant find any issues, btex menu either show the sign of cause

edit: it had a reputation bar on it what o disabled, so it can be the default wow bar with skinner modified version, btu still cant disable it :S

edt2: now it apears on resto spec too :S

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Honestly, Sjerusalem, that LOOKS like Skinner.

can be anything modfied by skinner, or skinner itself but what the i need to run off? :S

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, the easiest thing to do, would be turn off Skinner itself.

Also, a quick look at Skinner's Curse page says that "some addon skins may have misplaced artifacts", so one of the addons you've chosen to skin with Skinner, the skin is malfunctioning. I don't know which one, so the answer would be to remove the files that "skin" that addon - Skinner has a folder already to put them in, just reverse the instructions on skinning an addon.

since the patch the standard blizz totemtimers are really tooo big. i need anadd on which does the same ( tiny bottons with time on it) OR an add on which can decrease the size of the standard buttons.

NO bars

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Hi,
    I'm looking for an addon i saw (doesnt have to be the specific one) that is basically scrolling combat text, but it has the name of the spell next to the damage as it comes up. For example, if there was a DoT tick for 300 damage it would say "300 (corruption)" or something like that. Sorry if this has been posted before, but theres 200+ pages and im a bit busy right now.

Thanks!
    Read the signature rules

Scrolling combat text, any of the addons,
    u can add the spell name in options.