High Overlord

Mana Control Addon

Hi,

i'm a mage addicted to addon's and with the "new" mana rotation i am looking for a addon that i am capable to see the mana i have atm, the mana that i already lost, number of mana gem (with cd) and maybe a warning on the begin of a fight that i already lost 12500 of mana.

Anyone knows of a addon like this?

thanks

Cya

EDIT: Something that helps me manage this:
    Hypothetical example only: A 5 minute Patchwerk encounter with no adds, no movement, no trinkets worn, no glove/cape enchants, no weakened phases. Do not interpret the table below as anything other than a hypothetical example for what would be an unrealistic set of conditions for an encounter.

1 Start the fight with a "Burn Rotation" until you're 12500 mana short
    2 Use the first Mana Gem to go back to 100% mana
    3 Continue the "Burn Rotation" until 35% mana (Approxinately 1.5 minutes)
    4 Use Evocation to go back to 100% mana
    5 Resume the "Burn Rotation" phase until around 35% again. Use the second Mana Gem as soon as off cooldown
    6 Use the "Hover Rotation" via heavy Scorch Weaving to keep mana levels constant. Use your 3rd mana gem as soon as it's off cooldown to bring us up to 50% mana. (We're hovering at 50% mana to save up enough mana for the incoming Molten Fury Range, which we expect to last 1 minute).
    7 As soon as the boss reaches Molten Fury range (35%) switch back to the "Burn Rotation".
    8 Boss dies exactly as we run OOM.
    Last edited by dporem; 2010-12-15 at 03:54 PM. Reason: adding info

Hai, Treeston!
    * waves

Question: does there exist an AddOn (or, for that matter, is this possible?) that can tack a latency bar on the default Blizzard cast bar? Or, alternatively, does there exist an AddOn that looks entirely similar to the Blizzard cast bar while having the added functionality of watching latency or maybe even tacking on a small timer?

Cheers

What are the good mods that a Protection Paladin would/should use nowadays?

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Hai, Treeston!
    * waves

Question: does there exist an AddOn (or, for that matter, is this possible?) that can tack a latency bar on the default Blizzard cast bar? Or, alternatively, does there exist an AddOn that looks entirely similar to the Blizzard cast bar while having the added functionality of watching latency or maybe even tacking on a small timer?

Cheers
    None that I know of, I'll see if I can make one up later.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Hai, Treeston!
    * waves

Cheers
    I'm not sure if quartz have a template like the blizz cast bar, but for the rest he does track latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    None that I know of, I'll see if I can make one up later.
    Unless it's terribly high on your list of priorities, no need to bother. I can probably whip up some sort of design for Quartz or a similar addon, I'll just need to find some time to do it. But thanks either way.

Code:
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, CastingBarFrame)
    a.tx = CastingBarFrame:CreateTexture(nil, "BACKGROUND")
    a.tx:SetTexture(1,0,0)
    a.tx:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT")
    a.tx:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT")
    a.tx2 = CastingBarFrame:CreateTexture(nil, "ARTWORK",-5)
    a.tx2:SetTexture(1,0,0)
    a.tx2:SetPoint("TOPLEFT")
    a.tx2:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT")
    a:SetScript("OnShow", function(self)
            local ch
    	local _,_,_,_,start, endt = UnitCastingInfo("player")
    	if (not start) or (not endt) then
    		_,_,_,_,start, endt = UnitChannelInfo("player")
                    ch=true
    	end
            if (not start) or (not endt) then return end
    	local duration = endt-start
    	local _,_,latency = GetNetStats()
            local t = self[ch and tx2 or tx]
    	t:SetWidth(CastingBarFrame:GetWidth()*(latency/duration))
    end)
    How to use. Untested. Report back with issues.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-12-16 at 04:46 PM.

Im looking for a tanking UI. Im a blood DK and Im growing rather tired of the stock Blizzard UI for tanking. Anyone want to share their preferences?

Thanks for the code, but it doesn't seem to be working. All I'm getting (via BaudErrorFrame) is this:

Code:
    [string "<unnamed>:OnShow"]:4: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a nil value)
    Count: 1

Call Stack:
    [C]: ?
    [string "*:OnShow"]:4: in function <[string "*:OnShow"]:1>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:204: in function `InterfaceOptionsFrame_Show'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:484: in function `InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory'
    Interface\AddOns\!BaudErrorFrame\BaudErrorFrame.lua:324: in function `value'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4147: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3737: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3775: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>
    EDIT: This is with Mind Flay, but non-channeled spells give roughly the same result.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2010-12-16 at 11:35 AM.

Updated my code above.

EDIT: However, I don't see the actual error line in the code above at all. Only FrameXML errors oO.

It works! Slightly adequately!

The one 'big' problem for me is that it's not working entirely correct with channeled spells. As you can see here, it's sort of showing the latency at the wrong end (in addition, the cast bar also covers the latency bar, so I wouldn't see it even if the latency was shown at the correct end). Any fix for this?

Thanks for the effort.

Updated my code above, untested again.

Hello, I would like to know what the addon for the debuffs on the targets is, and how to move it. Same goes for the casting bar that does not show in the picture. My problem is that I got this compilation, everything works fine since i resized to 2560 except these 2.

Also is it possible for Tidy plates to show my debuffs on them?

EDIT: apparently I am not allowed to link pictures or links until I have more posts, but I'm not the kind of person that spams forums if I don't have something to say.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-12-17 at 11:35 AM.

Hi, what is the mod that is being used to put those nice borders around those buffs on this sreenie? Also what is the mod thats showing the bars on the top left hand side with fps and ms etc?

Thanks
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-12-17 at 11:36 AM.

I have some few questions for Grid:
    • How do I show Renew duration as a timer instead of an icon?
    • How do I show Prayer of Mending's stacks with numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by xasisokinito View Post
    Hello, I would like to know what the addon for the debuffs on the targets is, and how to move it. Same goes for the casting bar that does not show in the picture. My problem is that I got this compilation, everything works fine since i resized to 2560 except these 2.

[picture redacted - this is a quote, dammit]
    EDIT: apparently I am not allowed to link pictures or links until I have more posts, but I'm not the kind of person that spams forums if I don't have something to say.
    A listing of addons that are installed will help in determining which addon is giving those buffs - as it could be any one of about 200-300 different addons.

TidyPlates can show debuffs with SOME themes - I know that Grey (included with main TP download) and Neon (the default TP theme, included with TP download) both have the option. ThreatPlates might, but I haven't checked it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    Hi, what is the mod that is being used to put those nice borders around those buffs on this sreenie? Also what is the mod thats showing the bars on the top left hand side with fps and ms etc?

[image redacted - this is a quote]

Thanks
    It looks like he's using TukUI - which is a single monolithic addon, really, that does everything you see there except getting Zin'rokh for you.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-12-17 at 05:17 PM.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by xasisokinito View Post

I would also love to know what addon that is for debuff/buff watching. Here is my question/what I am looking for:

I am a Shadow Priest. I want to have the majority of my buffs displayed somewhere out of sight (top left corner, etc.). I want the majority of target debuffs to be hidden. I need certain buffs to be displayed directly above my player health bar (in the lower left-center of the screen). And certain debuffs to be displayed directly above my target's health bar (in the lower right-center of the screen).

Does anyone know an addon that allows for the placement in multiple areas of certain buffs and debuffs?

Thanks.

Looks like forteXorcist to me. Great for any debuff-reliant class.

Debuff mod

I was watching this video on the double dragon encounter in Bastion and I noticed this warlock's debuff mod.

Does anyone know what it's called? The debuffs don't leave your UI when they fall off the boss, they just go red. This seems like a great way to make sure you never forget to re-apply anything.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2010-12-17 at 06:56 PM.

Anyone know of an addon which you can use to buyout auctions faster?I know there were one in wotlk which let you altclick an item to buy it... I don't want a big addon which reskins the whole auctionhouse like auctionator/auctioneer or interfere with AuctionProfitMaster (Quickauctions).
    Thanks