Hi. I'm looking for a little code snippet that works something like this.

I'm currently using my shift key to switch some of my abilities to abilities better suited for AOEing. I'm playing around with addon code and need some help converting this idea into the required LUA.

If I double push my shift key (Push it down, let go a moment after, then push it back down again a moment after that and hold it down), then print something like "Shift key is double held" to main chat window. It's something like double clicking your mouse and instead of letting go after the second click goes down, you hold it down, but I want it for my shift key.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    You can't replace abilities on an actionbar in combat, so your double-click-esque shift idea won't work. You can however use the shift modifier in macros to swap between abilities.

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift]Rain of Fire; Some other warlock ability, who plays warlocks anyway.
    I know this. The double shift isn't meant for my action bars or macros. It's just something I need in an addon.

Deleted
    Exactly. Register MODIFIER_STATE_CHANGED.
    Code:
    local lastPress = 0 -- so the calculation doesn't break it.
    addon:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, mod, state)
        -- state == 1 means it was pressed, state == 0 means it was released
        if (mod == "LSHIFT" or mod == "RSHIFT") and state == 0 then
            if (GetTime()-lastPress) <= 2 then
                -- double shift, do your stuff
                lastPress = 0
            else
                lastPress = GetTime()
            end
        end
    end)

Got the baseline of what I needed, thanks

I was looking for a clean and updated cooldown timer mod that has an icon pulse when the spell is off CD. been using cdtimers3 but i believe it's giving me a lot of errors atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    I was looking for a clean and updated cooldown timer mod that has an icon pulse when the spell is off CD. been using cdtimers3 but i believe it's giving me a lot of errors atm.
    Maybe Try OmniCC? Or you could even setup powerauras if you really wanted to.

Sorry i meant for all of my spells not just a single spell. And yes separate from any actions bars/buttons.

:~)

Fail reply, sorry

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    I would recommend Sexycooldown.
    It has a bar that tracks the CD too, but can be hidden. The Pulse that you get can be in the middle of your screen, the size changable, the animation speed is variable too. It fits my needs perfectly. It is very similar to Forte Xcorcist, but far easier to setup.
    Last edited by talkaboom; 2011-05-02 at 08:04 AM. Reason: wrong thread reply

sounds great i'll check it out

edit: was perfect thanks.
    Last edited by Angrus; 2011-05-02 at 10:18 AM.

Looking for something that gives an extremely condensed, easy to read combat review for toons in raid/group. GrimReaper did this, but has been defunct for some time.
    Something with similar functionality would be great.

Is there a way to make SCT hide the server from character names, by editing the sct.lua ?
    Instead of having it show "CharName-ServerName", when I heal someone, I want it to just show "CharName".
    I don't even know if it's possible to hide that part, but I'm fairly sure it is, since the addon HotCandy already does this.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 08:12 PM ----------

Just to add to my question about SCT...
    Is it possible to filter out certain spells? I don't want to see 5 Wild Growths on my screen every second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

I'm having a problem determining what addon this is and more importantly, how to disable it/reskin it. If I can't disable it I'd like to at least do a reskin to look something like my suf boss mod. Someone told me that it was my map addon but I was under the impression it was DBM. Here's a screenshot any help would be much appreciated:

Last edited by lawomous; 2011-05-03 at 03:10 AM.

is there any kind of addon that will show Blood shield's absorb?
    and how to remove rune\power\shard bar from ouf_freeB layout?

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    I'm having a problem determining what addon this is and more importantly, how to disable it/reskin it. If I can't disable it I'd like to at least do a reskin to look something like my suf boss mod. Someone told me that it was my map addon but I was under the impression it was DBM. Here's a screenshot any help would be much appreciated:
    That looks a lot like DBM. Boss Health and how high Ony's charge is in p1

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kykypyka View Post
    is there any kind of addon that will show Blood shield's absorb?
    and how to remove rune\power\shard bar from ouf_freeB layout?
    For the first part
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...d-tracker.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by Marzim View Post
    That looks a lot like DBM. Boss Health and how high Ony's charge is in p1
    Is there a way to disable it through DBM?

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Is there a way to disable it through DBM?
    /dbm -> Bosses -> Blackwing Descent -> Nefarion's End -> untick whatever you don't want (boss health frame is near the end of the list)

Hello I'm looking for an addon that lets me track certain cooldowns from raid members such as Pain Suppression or druid/dk/lock battle res.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    /dbm -> Bosses -> Blackwing Descent -> Nefarion's End -> untick whatever you don't want (boss health frame is near the end of the list)
    Ugh that stinks having to do it individually for each boos. Thanks so much for the help though!

Deleted
    I am looking for an addon that would show me only unit/boss/encounter specyfic buffs and debuffs. To further explain what i mean, i need something that for example would show the Hypothermia debuff in ZG on mobs that have been frozen. Or if one of the omontron guys is standing in the +dmg poison cloud.

I normally use SBF for buffs/debuffs and it works great for buffs since players ofc dont buff bosses. But when it comes to debuffs it gets littered with effects like dots, even after filtering some of these out by filtering out curses/magic dmg etc. There are still some effects like warriors colossus smash that show up, and tbh there is plenty. And filtering them out by names would be ver troublesome. Same goes for a whitlest filtering the debuffs i want to see. Thanks for help in advance

Hi! Im searching for a nice power aura configuration for resto shamans. Mine doesnt convince me

thanks!