Deleted
    Is there an addon which creates unit frames for offensive mobs nearby? I'm drooling at the thought of having a group of mob unitframes and casting dots on them with mouseover macros.

Deleted
    Hello, having some problems with Weakauras ICD tracking beacuse of Alter Time.

Code:
    dWdTdaGEGQAxkqBJcAMaP5sbmBqDzOBcuXHLY3OqgNi1ofL9s2Ts7hi(PIYWqOFtvFMsnukIbRigUeoiq5OkKogI6CuGwiISukrlMsA5s6HuOEQQLPq9CuMOcQPkvtgKPlCrfPRQaEMi66OAJkiBfOkBMkTDr1hbQ0PrAAIW3PegPcXFLOrtrz8uuDsfv3II01qW5b4XuXTb0RfjlYQRduhshsDDZN56YWqzMsojr9OsTTXQ66ScegoRbe1hLtDsHlcbYKUFT5itN55vhKV0qVaUbaR6bGcuhZXn05lMJBOhuGiKoeV2cQF1ttq3BXoBHbis6yoUHUXEGwBbita1BRZ4wXCCJZDDPMRxc2awcwPLtbNzG30H15mSKvGWWznGOiPdHSGV0qVaUbaR6CgwY88QdYxAis6CgwcHSGV0qK03gqKPUYiRpkN6KcxecKjD)AZrMcf6U(n0bdkh3GxrDZqQTzHYssqh23GuxV6Hr11bYHdQ6kuOZzyjmMJWYQoNHLoEGwBHiPq31VXPGpQmYe0HOSc4gGhnNumDqMOxrBQF7akqDQJF1D8EyiVfRiP74H9v1v2ynu6egzusdtqKyIegoMmrdkxtjyOYsQHsKMyY0jnOHehtyCAcJtlxtjqqHolAoPyg73OrxG4g6ZgO)5dpvVXdVSQdyMRlddLzQre1Pq6t9DqMm34H1xoWELABJvMYgRBbfkmtzjjOdHSwWRTafj9geenO(TbxgvQTnwzQRmYQRhvQTnwvxpauG6nETPZ4wXCCJZDDPMRxAmyVx(oyw219wSZwyaIKoMJBOpc2GdZ0zCRyoUHjv0LAU(nzkOGQt3CSYqrsFBarM6kJS(OCQtkCriqM09Rnhzk05ln0lGBaWQoeAL762buG6JmfutgAaqvOZ3OsTTXQ6kuOqhIYkGBaM74x95BGv3MdAG5o(Lza6MxcKYCklYlkJkDtHHolAoPyM4PBOB5CWDKUcDMo5btmOrdMwpxzKtqKOcja
    This is the Aura I use to track my Essence of Terror ICD with. It's trigger is Event->Combat Log->Aura Removed. So it activates once my trinket proc runs out and then starts the countdown. The problem is with alter time where my aura is removed for a split second and then refreshed so the timer then is faulty. Anyone know if theres a workaround for this?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Is there an addon which creates unit frames for offensive mobs nearby? I'm drooling at the thought of having a group of mob unitframes and casting dots on them with mouseover macros.
    Not really - they wouldn't be able to accept mouse input, even if there was such an addon, and therefore would be useless for mouseover macros, targetting, or clique-style click-to-cast bindings.

Deleted
    Aww, that's a pity. Boss frames gave me hope that the functions might not be secure after all.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard specifically provides those UnitID's, which means that clickable frames can be "created" for them - boss1/2/3/4/5 (I believe) are all part of the game's UnitID framework.

UnitID's are given for specific "Boss" units in some fights, Player, Target, Party1/2/3/4, Pet, Focus, Raid1-Raid40, and can usually have "pet" or "target" added to the end (partypet1/2/3/4, raidpet1-raidpet40, partytarget1-4, raidtarget1-40, raidpettarget1-40, etc).

Basically, if a mob isn't being targetting by you, a pet, or a group member, there's no way to create a clickable frame for them.

Deleted
    You can actually append "target" to any valid unitID as often as you'd like. So "partytarget1" should be "party1target".

Exception is made for player names (which are valid unitIDs as long as the player is in your party or raid), where "-target" is used instead.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I left out the "targettargettargettargettargettarget (always some dude named Kevin Bacon, wtf Blizz?)" joke out of my earlier post. ;-)

Hi guys,

So i have just started using weak auras and i'm having a problem with some icons i want to configure. What im trying to do are some icons that show up when my buffs are ready to use (i.e Berserker Rage, Bloodbath, etc) and if i use them, the icon have to hide himself and show up again when the cooldown is <= 5 seconds. Also, I want the icon to glow when the cooldown reaches 0 seconds. Someone helped me and I got the icons working except for the glowing part... I tried many different things but the only glowing effect i found was the one in the actions tab and i don't like how it looks, and I couldn't make it glow just when the cooldown was in 0 seconds...
    So my questions are, how can i make an icon glow exactly when the buff cooldown is 0 seconds? and, are there any other glow effects for the icons? something like the glow when you get a proc in the icons in your action bars?

Thanks in advance! and sorry for my bad english :P

http://i.imgur.com/bV11c1K.png
    That's my problem right now.
    I'm rebuilding and suddenly, when I'm trying to apply the 1 pixelborder to my Stuf, it won't move with the frame. It's slightly off everytime.
    Any ideas?

*EDIT* never mind! Found it.
    The bar offset was set to "1" and "-1", Do'h
    Last edited by Crummy; 2013-02-08 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, I am searching for a Unit frame that also have a castbar within the Health bar, so that when not casting it aint showing. like it is half transparent, while casting ontop of the health bar. I know it is a vague discription. But I am desperate for this addon.

Deleted
    I've just installed IceHUD to try it out. I really like it so far. I'd like to know if it is possible to set up bars for tracking boss health/power/alternate power and the like?

Seeing as it is possible to create custom modules, I'm basically looking for what to write in the "Unit to track" text field. I'm not familiar with LUA yet, or much of the WoW API, and I'm not sure if I can find a library for it somewhere?

Any help is very much appreciated.

EDIT: I just looked a bit in previous posts in this thread, and saw the replies by Taryble. It works when using "boss1", so thanks!
    Last edited by mmocc219c9ac3f; 2013-02-09 at 11:08 PM.

Sigh...dam it...wrote out this huge thing and lost it due to "you need to log in"

TLDR: Wanted new icon boarders, got Masque, applied it to my buffs as well. I use PitBull 4's aura, tracking to track debuffs. It uses Blizzard icon boarder UI, don't like it, looked around, but no go. Wondering if there was a way to change it, or get a new debuff tracking mod that's not going to clutter my UI, thanks!

Edit: Would have posted links and such to things but I can't, also here's picture of what I mean.

dl.dropbox.com/u/1334246/Snips/wow_ui_pit_aura.PNG

Hi, I've stumbled across this screenshot today and I like very much the UI in use; unfortunatelly i couldn't catch up with the owner so I still have no idea how any of the mods used are called or if it's some sort of compilation.
    Any of you guys cares to help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutela View Post
    Hi, I've stumbled across this screenshot today and I like very much the UI in use; unfortunatelly i couldn't catch up with the owner so I still have no idea how any of the mods used are called or if it's some sort of compilation.
    Any of you guys cares to help me out?

Looks like the actionbars are Bartender with somesort of Masque texture on top.
    Health frame could be anything, Shadowed Unit frames, Stuf, AG, pitbull.
    The yellow healthbars there are defo "Tidy Plates" And minimap is probably "simple minimap" or "Sexymap"
    Not sure on the buffbar though.

It doesn't look like any type of compilation I've seen around, it's most likely homemade.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Looks like the actionbars are Bartender with somesort of Masque texture on top.
    Health frame could be anything, Shadowed Unit frames, Stuf, AG, pitbull.
    The yellow healthbars there are defo "Tidy Plates" And minimap is probably "simple minimap" or "Sexymap"
    Not sure on the buffbar though.

It doesn't look like any type of compilation I've seen around, it's most likely homemade.
    Thanks, I'll try to sort it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a simple mod that checks if people prepot and use a 2nd pot during the fight.

Is there such a thing? I don't need fancy smancy high end buffing mods, just this.

Thanks!

~Tom
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    I think I made this for someone during Cataclysm. Let me check.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:23 AM ----------

Found it. Here you go. It won't work with some of the API changes since then, however. Give me a second to fix it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:36 AM ----------

All done.
    Code:
    local buffNames = {
    	["Earthen Armor"]=true,
    	["Golem's Strength"]=true,
    	["Volcanic Power"]=true,
    	["Tol'vir Agility"]=true,
    }
    local spellNames = { -- unsure which one shows in the combat log, so I'm adding both buff name and spell name for the time being
    	["Earthen Armor"]=true,
    	["Earthen Potion"]=true,
    	["Golem's Strength"]=true,
    	["Golemblood Potion"]=true,
    	["Mysterious Potion"]=true,
    	["Potion of Concentration"]=true,
    	["Concentration"]=true,
    	["Potion of the Tol'vir"]=true,
    	["Tol'vir Agility"]=true,
    	["Volcanic Potion"]=true,
    	["Volcanic Power"]=true,
    	["Mighty Rejuvenation Potion"]=true,
    }

local select, table, pairs, tinsert, print =
    	  select, table, pairs, tinsert, print
    local GetUnitName, GetInstanceInfo, UnitBuff, GetNumGroupMembers, UnitInRaid =
    	  GetUnitName, GetInstanceInfo, UnitBuff, GetNumGroupMembers, UnitInRaid

local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        if event == "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" then
    		local subEvent, srcName, spellName = (select(2,...)), (select(5,...)), (select(13,...))
    		local raidIndex = UnitInRaid(srcName)
            if subEvent == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and spellNames[spellName] and raidIndex then
                self.pots = self.pots or {}
                self.pots[GetUnitName(("raid%d"):format(raidIndex),true)] = spellName
            end
        elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED" then
            local n = GetNumGroupMembers()
            local nP=(select(5, GetInstanceInfo()))
            if nP and (nP >= 10) and (n>0) then
                self.pots = self.pots and table.wipe(self.pots) or {}
                self.prepots = self.prepots and table.wipe(self.prepots) or {}
                for id=1, n do
    				local uID = ("raid%d"):format(id)
                    for buffName in pairs(buffNames) do
    					if UnitBuff(uID, buffName) then
    						self.prepots[GetUnitName(uID,true)] = true
    						break
    					end
    				end
                end
            end
        elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" then
            local n  = GetNumGroupMembers()
            local nP=(select(5, GetInstanceInfo()))
            if nP and (nP >= 10) and (n>0) then
                local noprepot, noinpot = {}, {}
                for id=1, n do
                    local name = GetUnitName(("raid%d"):format(id),true)
                    if not self.prepots[name] then tinsert(noprepot, name) end
                    if not self.pots[name] then tinsert(noinpot, name) end
                end
                if (#noprepot>0) then
                    print("Players that did not have a potion buff when combat started: "..table.concat(noprepot, ", "))
                else
                    print("Everyone had a potion buff when combat started!")
                end
                if (#noinpot>0) then
                    print("Players that did not use a potion in combat: "..table.concat(noinpot, ", "))
                else
                    print("Everyone used a potion during combat!")
                end
            end
        end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    a:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
    a:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED")
    You'll still have to replace all the spell/buff names for the individual potions you want to be allowed at the top as I don't have an active account to check these right now.

Deleted
    So im looking for an combat text addon which is in a panel. Should track my healing, damage taken and damage done. Pretty much like in the following picture. (Im new on to forums so i can't post direct links/images)

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2coq93n&s=6

Does anyone know the addon in the picture? Or something similiar to it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korkkari View Post
    Does anyone know the addon in the picture? Or something similiar to it?
    Looks like EavesDrop

Does anyone know if there's an up to date addon that adds a minimap button to toggle recount?

Skada has stopped working pretty much at all for me, but recount works, but being able to click a button works a lot better than manually having to type /recount show.