Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    How can I get xCT or MSBT to merge my incoming and outgoing damage and heals like Rigg has in his UI?

I can merge the two types in xCT, but I want then incoming to be justified to the left and the outgoing justified to the right. I've only been able to get one justification when they are in the same scroll area.

Probably EavesDrop

How can I hide or move these things offscreen? I never use either for any reason and would love a way to be rid of them. Thanks!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-11 at 06:43 PM.

Hey guys, I got kinda specific addon question. I would like to know, it there is such an addon or if it would be hard to make one.

We are raiding 10 man guild and mostly 2(3) healing those encounters. WoL analysis is fine, but what I lack is manapool information. Our Holy Pally seems to be trying hard to keep in meters and he is burning his mana pretty fast from beginning of the fight.

So what I want is:

Make addon which would monitor actual manapool of chosen people in raid, but only in bossfights. Result should be stored to simple text file where would be smth. like timestamp/name/manapool -> so I could compare "manastate" with healing in WoL.

Does anyone know how to make recount a chat tab? I remember seeing a video a while back where someone had their recount as a tab in their chat box I don't know how he did it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Does anyone know how to make recount a chat tab? I remember seeing a video a while back where someone had their recount as a tab in their chat box I don't know how he did it though.
    All you'd really have to do is parent and anchor Recount to ChatFrame3 (or a further chat frame if you're already using the 3rd) and then make a 3rd chat frame (right click on General chat tab, click Create New Window). If Recount doesn't have the option to set it's parent, then you can do this via code:

Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
    	if Recount then
    		Recount.MainWindow:SetParent(ChatFrame3)
    		Recount.MainWindow:ClearAllPoints()
    		Recount.MainWindow:SetAllPoints(ChatFrame3)
    	end
    end)
    Last edited by Nibelheim; 2013-05-13 at 03:07 PM.

Hi i am looking for a way to save my elvui profile from the folders, i've lost my profile already once and don't want to lose it again since i have put alot of time into the settings and small things!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    All you'd really have to do is parent and anchor Recount to ChatFrame3 (or a further chat frame if you're already using the 3rd) and then make a 3rd chat frame (right click on General chat tab, click Create New Window). If Recount doesn't have the option to set it's parent, then you can do this via code:

Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function()
    	if Recount then
    		Recount.MainWindow:SetParent(ChatFrame3)
    		Recount.MainWindow:ClearAllPoints()
    		Recount.MainWindow:SetAllPoints(ChatFrame3)
    	end
    end)
    Don't suppose you could give a more in depth how to?

Quote Originally Posted by Roolek View Post
    Don't suppose you could give a more in depth how to?
    Make an addon out of it and make sure you list Recount as a dependancy in the TOC file.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lve-easy-steps
    Code:
    ## Dependencies: Recount

Deleted
    Thanks very much, works great

Looking for an Addon that will basically start a pull countdown then cast Bloodlust.

I first thought about doing this in a macro, but can't figure out a way to delay the cast until the count finishes...then I figured an Addon could do it and before I go and try to learn how to make an Addon, I figured I'd check to see if anyone ever heard of something.

Basically I want a button on my screen I can press, will do a /pull 5 (or something like it) then Lust....just so everyone can pop their minons prior to the Lust going out. I push to talk on Vent, and sometimes that screws me up when pushing to announce then casting and such.

Couple questions really.

Firstly, how do I get rid of button glow effects selectively while using Bartender4? I was able to find the following command, but it doesn't seem to work (at least not with bartender buttons):
    ActionButton_HideOverlayGlow(ActionButton1)

I'm just trying to get rid of the freaking perma-glow Guard has for BrM Monks.

Secondly, how do I reference the same aggro % that Blizzard does with default target frames in a weakaura? The one that shows what % you are of the next best (or the highest) person on the target's threat table?
    I found it extremely useful to be able to tell how much of an aggro lead I had over the next best person, but all of the addons I've tried and weakauras I've putzed with (_,_,rawthreatpct,_,_ and such) only go up to 100%, and never seem to go below that until I lose aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Secondly, how do I reference the same aggro % that Blizzard does with default target frames in a weakaura? The one that shows what % you are of the next best (or the highest) person on the target's threat table?
    I found it extremely useful to be able to tell how much of an aggro lead I had over the next best person, but all of the addons I've tried and weakauras I've putzed with (_,_,rawthreatpct,_,_ and such) only go up to 100%, and never seem to go below that until I lose aggro.
    You'll want to use the 4th value. The 3rd value returns 100% if you're tanking, regardless.

_, _, _, pct = UnitDetailedThreatSituation("player", "target")

Quote Originally Posted by Apxaios View Post
    Hi i am looking for a way to save my elvui profile from the game folders, i've lost my profile already once and don't want to lose it again since i have put alot of time into the settings and small things!
    bump anyone!

Deleted
    Hi folks, I was wondering if there is a way to get weakauras to more or less tell me if I have enough time left on my legendary meta gem buff (clearcasting) to cast a last instant spell, taking the GCD into account.

Something along the lines of, if Clearcasting - GCD => X where X is some kind of safespot for my latency and reaction time.

it can be in either lua code or an encoded string.

You'll want to use the 4th value. The 3rd value returns 100% if you're tanking, regardless.

_, _, _, pct = UnitDetailedThreatSituation("player", "target")
    Ah I see, basically that UnitDetailedThreatSituation thing calls upon several values, and this expression names them. So a,b,c,d = UnitDetailedThreatSituation and I can reference all 4 values going forward. Right?
    Thanks a lot, I think I learned a bunch from that little blurb. Either that or I jumped to far too many conclusions.

Regardless, seems promising. A quick dungeon run had some really strange results (27% showing up while I had aggro on the boss?...) but I'll see about it. Many thanks.

Regardless, seems promising. A quick dungeon run had some really strange results (27% showing up while I had aggro on the boss?...) but I'll see about it. Many thanks.
    Yeah, I typically use the 3rd value. You can read about the differences here.

Yeah, I typically use the 3rd value. You can read about the differences here.
    Hmmm... Well if neither of those is what the default target frame uses then is there a way to replicate it?

Hmmm... Well if neither of those is what the default target frame uses then is there a way to replicate it?
    The default unit frames use the following functionality:

Events to watch for:
    "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE"

Code:
    local isTanking, _, _, rawPercentage = UnitDetailedThreatSituation("player", "target")
    local display = rawPercentage
    if ( isTanking ) then
    	display = UnitThreatPercentageOfLead("player", "target")
    end
    if ( display and display ~= 0 ) then
    	return string.format("%d%%", display)
    else
    	return ""
    end
    Last edited by Nibelheim; 2013-05-14 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two questions. One has to do with Elvui, is there a way to add a new font to the list of font choices? An I notice that the combat text seems to scroll behind the nameplates for damage. Anyway to fix this or change settings to allow the combat text to scroll above the nameplates? Thanks in advance.

The default unit frames use the following functionality:

Events to watch for:
    "UNIT_THREAT_SITUATION_UPDATE"

-snip-
    Brilliant, genius, and superb; you are a gentleman and a scholar sir, thanks much.