Code:
    local players = {}

function dostuff()
        table.wipe(players)
        -- select players and stuff

for _,name in ipairs(players) do
            SendChatMessage("go do whatever","WHISPER",nil,name)
        end
        table.insert(players,"go do whatever")
        SendChatMessage(table.concat(players," ")e, "RAID")
    end
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-05-17 at 08:45 PM.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Thx treeston, that is great for using tables,

Still would like to know how to get player from raid location into a variable if any one knows.

I've never actually worked with subgroup positions before. Can you even move a player to a specific position in a subgroup? It seems GetRaidRosterInfo only gives which subgroup they're in, not their position within that subgroup, which seems to point towards subgroups being ordered by raid index.

Code:
    local players = {}

local function dostuff()
        table.wipe(players)

if IsInRaid() then
            local c = 0
            for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do
                if (select(3,GetRaidRosterInfo(i))) == 2 then
                    c=c+1
                    if c > 3 then
                        table.insert(players,GetUnitName(("raid%d"):format(i),true))
                    end
                end
            end
        end

for _,name in ipairs(players) do
            SendChatMessage("go do whatever","WHISPER",nil,name)
        end
        table.insert(players,"go do whatever")
        SendChatMessage(table.concat(players," ")e, "RAID")
    end
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I've never actually worked with subgroup positions before. Can you even move a player to a specific position in a subgroup? It seems GetRaidRosterInfo only gives which subgroup they're in, not their position within that subgroup, which seems to point towards subgroups being ordered by raid index.
    This discussion might be an interesting read. Haven't looked into it much myself.

Is there an option in Shadowed Unit Frames to make the party frames show up as the raid frames instead of a separate frame?

I their an addon to help me keep track how much yards I am away from something? Or maybe I can just use a map addon select a node then select somewhere else and it will tell me how far away it is? Need one for 50 yards, I am testing transcendence, I want to know how far I can go.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I their an addon to help me keep track how much yards I am away from something? Or maybe I can just use a map addon select a node then select somewhere else and it will tell me how far away it is? Need one for 50 yards, I am testing transcendence, I want to know how far I can go.
    I believe for hostile targets you can only judge by whether a given target is close enough for a given spell/ability or not rather than a specific number.
    So if an ability with a range of 30 yards can, but one with a range of 35 cannot then the range is between those two.
    I do not know if that same limitation applies on friendly or party/raid members.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Most hunters use a range display. Here's a typical one:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/range-display

As is mentioned below, they can't be exact, but will bracket the distance, i.e. 30-35, 35-40, etc.

is anyone else having problems with nameplate addons in pvp? Tidy Plates and Kui name plates are both messing up for me.

Hello, im in need of some help regarding quartz.
    Is there any way to have different colors on different bars?
    For example, i want my target castbar to be red and my own to be white.
    I have checked "change color" in the targets config but it's only red when i target myself, if i target a mob or another player when they are casting something the color is the same as all the others.
    Also, can i add an outline to my fonts somewhere?
    I found this when i googled it but the code is not the same as it was back then so i doesn't work http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869220436.
    Thanks!

Is there an addon that saves a template for where all of your abilities are on bars (with or without actionbar addons such as bartender)? I'm getting kind of tired of having to re-set my bars everytime I switch into a third spec because I want to play a different spec than the 2 I already have. Wtb tri-spec =(

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Is there an addon that saves a template for where all of your abilities are on bars (with or without actionbar addons such as bartender)? I'm getting kind of tired of having to re-set my bars everytime I switch into a third spec because I want to play a different spec than the 2 I already have. Wtb tri-spec =(
    Action Bar Saver @Curse/@WoWInterface

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Action Bar Saver @Curse/@WoWInterface
    Tyvm this will make my life much much easier

I'm using Profiles: Action Bars together with Profiles: Macros to store my AB layout and macros and they work like you'd expect such addon to work. There's also module for keybinds (Profiles: Keyboard binds), but I'm not using it, so can't say may much about it.

Trust is a weakness

Is there a way to make it so if you use a profile from one toon for another toon stuff doesn't change from the main profile you used? Lets use A and B for example lets say I use the profile from A and use it on B too but I want to change something on B but not have it change on A. I'm mostly talking about addons like Pitbull and Bartender for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Is there a way to make it so if you use a profile from one toon for another toon stuff doesn't change from the main profile you used? Lets use A and B for example lets say I use the profile from A and use it on B too but I want to change something on B but not have it change on A. I'm mostly talking about addons like Pitbull and Bartender for this.
    You'll have to use separate profiles. You can create your own separate profiles (ie "MyProfile-Char") or use the default character profiles these addons set up (ie "Char - Realm"). Using the "Copy Profile" button will allow you to transfer all settings from one profile to another.

Hey there guys.
    I'm sure this has been asked before but I haven't been able to fnd anything yet. Is there an addon that allows you to save multiple keybnd configs? I rebound a bunch of stuff for my resto pvp set, but I want different binds when I play elemental. Unfortunately, keybinds don't change with spec along the line of action bars. Any addon for this? I'm still using the default ui and would ideally like to keep using it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Hey there guys.
    I'm sure this has been asked before but I haven't been able to fnd anything yet. Is there an addon that allows you to save multiple keybnd configs? I rebound a bunch of stuff for my resto pvp set, but I want different binds when I play elemental. Unfortunately, keybinds don't change with spec along the line of action bars. Any addon for this? I'm still using the default ui and would ideally like to keep using it.

Thanks.
    Profiles: Keyboard binds

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to get pixelperfect borders on my bigwigs timers that i have cusomized with QuseBossStyles (Qusewigs)?
    As you see in the picture below the borders looks like shit, its the same thing if i use 1px black borders.
    It looks smeared out here and there

Hey guys, does anyone know how I could add lfg role icons to StUF's raid frames? I assume I could insert some code in the lua but I've no idea what specifically I'd need to do that.

Also, tracking the level of the conduits on Lei Shen, I could do it in SUF but can't see how to in StUF. Does anyone have a suggestion for tracking the level in StUF or weak auras?