Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    What if the characters are on multiple accounts?
    I don't think anything can synch data across accounts, as all SavedVariable data is isolated to account folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    I don't think anything can synch data across accounts, as all SavedVariable data is isolated to account folders.
    Actually would it be possible to copy a saved variables file, maybe with a batch file to perform a manual sync between two accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually would it be possible to copy a saved variables file, maybe with a batch file to perform a manual sync between two accounts.
    Yeah, that can be done. Would need to be some kind of batch file operation to insert the relevant data into the SV file, so kind of a pita. That or make an addon to convert the relevant data into an export/import string Either way, a bit of a pain.

And it would also fail if two accounts were logged in at the same time (only the second account to log out would keep its changes).

Obligatory clarification: unless you go way overboard with what your sync tool can do, which somehow seems like overkill to me.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

I just switched from PlateBuffs to TidyPlates since PB causes my game to lock up periodically. I'm mainly using it to display specific auras (CCs) above enemy players nameplates.
    The problem I'm having is auras sometimes not showing on nameplates of enemies that aren't targetted or mouse-overed. Does anyone know how to force it to show the auras on all visible nameplates at all times? Or an addon that can do this for a specified list of auras if this isn't possible with TP.

Does anyone happen to know if WeakAuras is zooming in on Icons to make them look cleaner, under the assumption that people aren't using an icon skin, and then when an icon skin is loaded it doesn't show properly?

Using a combination of Elv Unit Frames, Real UI everything else excluding Raven and some modules, and weak auras. I'm using Clean Icons but Weak Auras isn't showing the borders on the icons, even with no zoom set making me think that it's auto zooming to a point automatically to make icons look square and clean under the assumption base rounding icons are being used. Any help would be very appreciated as all of my icons look great everywhere else, except in weak auras.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if WeakAuras is zooming in on Icons to make them look cleaner, under the assumption that people aren't using an icon skin, and then when an icon skin is loaded it doesn't show properly?

Using a combination of Elv Unit Frames, Real UI everything else excluding Raven and some modules, and weak auras. I'm using Clean Icons but Weak Auras isn't showing the borders on the icons, even with no zoom set making me think that it's auto zooming to a point automatically to make icons look square and clean under the assumption base rounding icons are being used. Any help would be very appreciated as all of my icons look great everywhere else, except in weak auras.
    RealUI does indeed come with a WA skin which will modify the icons.

/realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Skins > untick Weak Auras

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    I just switched from PlateBuffs to TidyPlates since PB causes my game to lock up periodically. I'm mainly using it to display specific auras (CCs) above enemy players nameplates.
    The problem I'm having is auras sometimes not showing on nameplates of enemies that aren't targetted or mouse-overed. Does anyone know how to force it to show the auras on all visible nameplates at all times? Or an addon that can do this for a specified list of auras if this isn't possible with TP.
    That is an issue with any aura display on nameplates.
    TidyPlates or any other addon would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is an issue with any aura display on nameplates.
    TidyPlates or any other addon would be the same.
    When I used PlateBuffs it seemed to happen alot less atleast.

I have a few questions:

1) What 'code' do I need to make weakauras show hp:short (ie. 434k rather than 434000)

2) Can I make a macro to change my loot specialization?

3) Can I make a macro to leave a party?

4) Can I make a progress texture/bar colored by class color (ie. if I use the same aura on another char it would change from say teal to pink (monk>pally))?

!beautycase

Heya,

I'm trying to bind !beautycase to several parts of my ui and came across a problem with the watchframe.
    Is there a way to skin it so it only skins the part of the frame that is in use?

thanks in advance !

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Heya,

I'm trying to bind !beautycase to several parts of my ui and came across a problem with the watchframe.
    Is there a way to skin it so it only skins the part of the frame that is in use?
    I do not think you will do that with the default tracker.
    Even looking at addons which enhance the default, the background if there is one still seems to take up all that space.
    The current tracker I am using, Sorha QuestLog is modular, where achievements, quests, timers etc are in separate blocks and would not really lend itself well to that sort of styling as it would look more like a stack of lego.
    I wish that could have them merged.

is there an addon that lets me search for spells/skills? the spell equivalent of atlas loot, if you will

i need an addon that basically helps me link things into chat more effectively.

Hey,
    I'm wondering if I were to use a nice ammount of AddOns it says in the system micro-bar in WoW "26,54 MB" and I notice my game is aLOT smoother without any AdddOns, so my question: are AddOns (mostly like ElvUI, recount, bartender) heavily using RAM or CPU power? because I have 8 GB of ram so I dont understand why it would start to lag

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    Hey,
    I'm wondering if I were to use a nice ammount of AddOns it says in the system micro-bar in WoW "26,54 MB" and I notice my game is aLOT smoother without any AdddOns, so my question: are AddOns (mostly like ElvUI, recount, bartender) heavily using RAM or CPU power? because I have 8 GB of ram so I dont understand why it would start to lag
    CPU usage is what will hurt performance usually, particularly those which are parsing the combat log.
    Damage Meters such as Recount are typical causes.
    Try disabling that specifcally, or if you are in need of less information look at some of the less demanding ones like Skada which record a lot less information.
    Depending on your needs, you could even consider logging the combat and uploading to a 3rd party resource like World of Logs if you only need the meters during raid encounters.

Looking for a really simple health bar, both for myself and my target.
    Something really simple, lightweight and clean.
    (I do not wish this addon to change my whole UI, I enjoy playing with default, except health bars... Blizzard is silly to not let us choose between several options!)

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Looking for a really simple health bar, both for myself and my target.
    Something really simple, lightweight and clean.
    (I do not wish this addon to change my whole UI, I enjoy playing with default, except health bars... Blizzard is silly to not let us choose between several options!)
    any1? /10charrr

hey,
    does any addon exist that will show real-time CPU usage for installed addons? i believe my FPS ingame is being limited by one or more addon that is choking up my processor.
    as i am using older hardware, my main decision point for selecting which addons i will use depends on their CPU usage, so this information would be very handy to have!
    thanks
    PS. i know what the "memory usage" statistic that the default wow UI provides for addons. this is not related to that. i need CPU usage, a different stat.

Brodiator, looking for something like this? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...faceUsage.html

Found another one as well, this is a broker plugin - https://code.google.com/p/brokercpu/ and the WOWUI link - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rformance.html
    Last edited by Theiea; 2013-07-04 at 10:55 PM.

Hey everyone.
    I just updated my Tukui Skins to the most recent version 1.35 and well.. it kind of broke more than it updated.
    Anyone got the old version around? Ofcourse I didn't make a backup >.>

EDIT:
    Nevermind, Azil brought out an update pretty quick.
    Last edited by Drianaa; 2013-07-05 at 08:47 PM.

Using QuseMaps and I just got this border way lower than usual, any way to fix it :S