It depends. For specs that revolve around maximizing the uptimes of various buffs and debuffs, numbers aren't the best thing for showing durations and cooldowns, because what you're really timing those things against isn't their exact remaining times so much as the other things you're casting. You don't really care about how many milliseconds are left on your Vampiric Touch DoT; you care about whether your next few casts should be "Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch" or "Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay". What gives you that information in the most clear and quickly digested way is fixed-time bars in fixed positions (that is, what EventHorizon does).

On the other hand, a Holy Priest doesn't actually want to use Cascade as often as they possibly can; they want to use it as often as they possibly can when there is significant raid damage. For them, EventHorizon arguably provides more precision than they have any use for, and so they might be better off using icons with numbers in the middle instead to save space. Same, I assume, for other healers, as well as tanks and probably some DPS specs; it depends on what your gameplay is about.
    Come on, die young.

Hope you guys can help me with weakaura's as I am at a loss at the moment.
    What I am trying to do is to make a weakaura that can track acceleration on Thok and if at all possible announce in chat or as a raid warning the names from guildies to pop what CD is needed.
    Now my question is this even possible and how would I go about creating this, any help with this would be appreciated because I am thinking it will mean some lua work.

I think what you're looking for was posted in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post23660122

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I think what you're looking for was posted in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post23660122
    You sir/madam get a cookie, and I need to read the book "How to use the Search Box for Dummies" edition again.

Need some help with pitbull4 Lua texts again!
    How do I get health colored % text? like this 100%
    Clap for the crap artists

Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Need some help with pitbull4 Lua texts again!
    How do I get health colored % text? like this 100%
    Looking at http://www.wowace.com/addons/pitbull4/pages/lua-texts/, HPColor(currHP, maxHP) gives us the color and Percent(currHP, maxHP) the percentage, and then we'll want to add a "%" to the end, so:
    Code:
    local r, g, b = HPColor(HP(unit), MaxHP(unit))
    return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r, g, b, Percent(HP(unit), MaxHP(unit)) .. "%"
    Come on, die young.

NPCscan doesn't shout? Why it doesn't target/shout some rares which are ADDED? And some work just fine.. But always not those I need. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    NPCscan doesn't shout? Why it doesn't target/shout some rares which are ADDED? And some work just fine.. But always not those I need. Help?
    NPCScan relies on a feature of the game whereby it will "cache" NPC's it has seen, I believe to reduce the number of times it has to query the server.
    The addon will periodically try to read information about the given NPC, information that the game will only provide when it has actually been "seen" by your character.
    As long as it remains in the cache, it will not alert you again as it cannot tell when it is seen, only that it has been previously.

There is no in-game means of clearing or modifying that cache, so it needs to be done manually.
    Either look in the installation folder for a Cache folder, or do a file search for the file creaturecache.wdb.
    Delete that file while the game client is not running, and then try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

anyone know what Masque mod this is?

and also what info addon is below. doesnt look like titan panel to me.

Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-11-23 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    anyone know what Masque mod this is?

and also what info addon is below. doesnt look like titan panel to me.

[img]
    Not sure about the skin, but as for the information below it is likely a DataBroker display of some sort, in many ways the successor to Fubar.
    Brokers are a type of addon, effectively a module which can work with any supported display, such as ChocolateBar, Bazooka, StatBlock, TitanPanel, and others.
    You can find examples of both displays and the Brokers here (Data Broker @ Wowinterface)
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-23 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Minor corrections/clarification.
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Appears to only happen on one character/max level characters(not sure). Leveling dungeons appear to work fine...
    No-one knows anything about this?

Please excuse the foul language in that picture, but it's not my screenshot.
    I quite like the font that was used, but the person who took it can't remember what it was called. Does anyone have an idea what it could be or at least knows a similar font?

http://i.imgur.com/0EhGm0n.png

I'm looking for a mod that duplicates the Compass bar from the Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim, Oblivion,...). Specifically, I would like a compass bar that will have quest objective markers, arrows to party members, ect... basically any arrow/marker that shows up on the minimap would be on the compass bar.

any way to hide that pesky error, saying my addon was blocked by an action only allowed to blizzard ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    any way to hide that pesky error, saying my addon was blocked by an action only allowed to blizzard ui?
    Not supressing, but at least automatically hiding it.
    idbpc taint fix @ curse.

Hello, trying to recreate an old UI for my friend and we're both having a hard time trying to figure out the last thing, here's an old screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/tlQPzd8.jpg

What we're trying to figure out is what is the addon that makes those buffs appear in the top left hand corner, and the cooldowns underneath the Xperl Self Unit Frame, and the other icons/buff on the left hand side of the UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    Hello, trying to recreate an old UI for my friend and we're both having a hard time trying to figure out the last thing, here's an old screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/tlQPzd8.jpg

What we're trying to figure out is what is the addon that makes those buffs appear in the top left hand corner, and the cooldowns underneath the Xperl Self Unit Frame, and the other icons/buff on the left hand side of the UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would guess that's Satrina Buff Frames, but that addon hasn't been updated since 2010. You could also do all of that with Raven, though, and that is both better and still maintained.
    Come on, die young.

Was Raven thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not really anything that distinctive.
    Damage Meter is likely Recount, though Skada is equally suitable for some people.
    However their reported numbers differ.

Everything else could be multiples, without anything specific being obvious to differentiate or force a choice of one or another.
    A broker display with brokers underneath, could be many.
    Action bar addon is likely Bartender or Dominos.
    Unitframes maybe stUF, Pitbull, Shadowed Unit Frames.
    Minimap could potentially be Sexymap or one of many others with less eye-candy.
    kgPanels most likely for the splat texture, but I cannot recall the source image.
    It does look a little familliar in style.
    Thanks for the info. I'm still having trouble re-creating anything near this, despite a lot of time spent trying.

Does anyone else have any idea where my UI from Wrath could have come from?

UI again is linked here:

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-11-30 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxey View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm still having trouble re-creating anything near this, despite a lot of time spent trying.

Does anyone else have any idea where my UI from Wrath could have come from?

UI again is linked here:

which part you have trouble remaking?