Oh wow, yea that looks just like it. Thank you all so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to bother everyone again, but does anyone know that specific mod that has his abilities on a Bar sliding the left above the main action bar? I thought it was ProtWarBar but I cannot replicate that with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifmeister View Post
    Oh wow, yea that looks just like it. Thank you all so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to bother everyone again, but does anyone know that specific mod that has his abilities on a Bar sliding the left above the main action bar? I thought it was ProtWarBar but I cannot replicate that with it...
    SexyCooldown, I think.

Is there a way to extract or find sound effects in-game? I want to find a soundfile, specifically the vrykul warcry at the wrathgate cinematic if it even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Is there a way to extract or find sound effects in-game? I want to find a soundfile, specifically the vrykul warcry at the wrathgate cinematic if it even exists.
    MPQEditor. But you need to manually search for the sound files (they got obvious names) in your wow installations. Always open them in read-only mode so you don't accidentally change something.

I suspect that cinematics don't have separate sound effcts.
    For an in-game solution if you want sounds just to use in other addons, then AudioX @ curse offers an in-game preview of most sound effects, a search, and the ability to retrieve the path of each.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Another tool is wowhead.com -- they recently added support for pretty much all the in-game sound effects to the site. Though I agree that the movie style cinematics are unlikely to use sound effects. You might find them associated with, eg, the NPC.

Deleted
    I'm looking for an addon that lists daily and week tasks to be done, such as daily quests and instances that needs to be run.
    There is one here in aranduh's post #12102 in "Post Your UI" on page 606 but I dont know the name of it.
    Tried to link to it but as a new poster I can only post plain text.

The file is "interface\cinematics\wow_wrathgate.mp3" and as far as I can tell none of the vrykul sound effects match, but you could cut it using a program like audacity.

"Sound\creature\Tauren\TaurenWarcry1.ogg" is actually pretty close, unless you mean the words they're shouting before that.
    Last edited by semlar; 2014-02-02 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stolpen View Post
    I'm looking for an addon that lists daily and week tasks to be done, such as daily quests and instances that needs to be run.
    There is one here in aranduh's post #12102 in "Post Your UI" on page 606 but I dont know the name of it.
    Tried to link to it but as a new poster I can only post plain text.
    There were a few that I tried, and none that I could recommend. They were all buggy, to say the least, and usability was very, very close to zero.

I solved the problem with the "Saved Instances" addon, which put a nice LDB / minimap display of the things that I have done this week. That isn't quite as good as a positive "you should do" list, but it is enough for me -- I can look and see that "Tempest Keep" isn't there, so I still need to go in and fail to get the ashes again this week, etc.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I am a returning player from a few years ago and I previously always enjoyed creating new interfaces, however having looked through curse and wowinterface the addons I used appear to be out of date and I'm concerned that I'm looking at old addons rather than using new (and 'better') alternatives.

Can anybody advise what is the most widely used addons for the following interface areas;

Action Bars
    Bags
    Unit Mods (player and part/raid)
    Map
    Chat Mods
    Casting Bars
    ToolTips
    Mounts

Many thanks,

Soop

Deleted
    nvm! overlooked
    Last edited by mmoc83c3477b24; 2014-02-03 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soop24 View Post
    Hi,
    I am a returning player from a few years ago and I previously always enjoyed creating new interfaces, however having looked through curse and wowinterface the addons I used appear to be out of date and I'm concerned that I'm looking at old addons rather than using new (and 'better') alternatives.

Can anybody advise what is the most widely used addons for the following interface areas;
    Your best bet is probably to use the curse or wowinterface "monthly download" or "total download" statistics to figure this out. Those are sources that actually track some meaningful proxy for "most widely used", which very few of us here do. I could tell you want I see the most often, but is that actually the most common? Probably not...

Deleted
    LF addon that will show levels of players that write on chat.
    Only this. No other shit like colouring everything on chat, because it looks like shit. Just levels.
    And maybe change opacity of chat. It would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaos View Post
    Only this. No other shit like colouring everything on chat, because it looks like shit. Just levels.
    Prat will do this. It comes with a pile of modules, and you can disable them all except for adding the level to character names in chat. Also opacity. Plus when you think of the third thing you want you can totally turn that module on too.

Out of the box it probably does more than you want, but you can adjust that down pretty swiftly and solve your problem. I suspect that Chatter would also solve your problem with things turned off, but I don't know for sure -- I use Prat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaos View Post
    I second prat, really good chat addon.

You might want to give "BasicChatMods" a try.

Hello!

I started to use RealUI few days ago, but _I only got the chance today to try it out in a raid. Can anyone tell me how can I implement DBM into it? Like on this screenshot? I'm in a raid at the moment, so I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks

A quick question about weakauras mainly:

I'm soon getting a new computer. I'd like to move my whole UI straight on the new system because it's real pain to rebuild it from scratch. Is it enough to copy just Addons, WTF and Fonts (since I am using something else than the default fonts)? My concern was if any addon has any information somewhere else than WTF-folder (or their addon folder).

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I have a question:
    1. what is the addon that can show the cooldown timer of a spell inside the button? I used to use one like that but I forgot what it's called.
    Last edited by Tuma; 2014-02-07 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello!

I have a question:
    1. what is the addon that can show the cooldown timer of a spell inside the button? I used to use one like that but I forgot what it's called.
    OmniCC, TullaCC, CooldownCount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    A quick question about weakauras mainly:

I'm soon getting a new computer. I'd like to move my whole UI straight on the new system because it's real pain to rebuild it from scratch. Is it enough to copy just Addons, WTF and Fonts (since I am using something else than the default fonts)? My concern was if any addon has any information somewhere else than WTF-folder (or their addon folder).

Thanks in advance!
    Copying both WTF and Interface folders will guarantee you keeping the settings. Some addons may reset to default so you have to go in their settings and select your old Profile. Most addons will have a profile section.

If you want to be extra sure then start creating your own profiles, rather than depending on the generic "Default".