is this something u could do in WA2? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Hank.html#info

And how "hard" would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    is this something u could do in WA2? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Hank.html#info

And how "hard" would it be?
    I know that WeakAuras supports progress bars on textures, so you could create a fixed arbitrary shape such as the runes without a lot of problems.
    But I don't recall it supporting something like the text.

Plus WeakAuras is not really trying to cater to unitframes, so such functionality as making them clickable or having tooltips is messy.
    In that particular case, I think putting out a request for someone to update/replicate the original would be a better approach.
    WeakAuras is not a solution to everything, nor should people be trying to make it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

can i get the elvui nameplates somewhere without the other stuff ?

So I am trying to do something different when it comes to WoW menus. I have always wanted to do something that KaitUI does with her micromenu where they are moving WeakAuras that are clickable. Im not looking to make a moving clickable button though. I am just looking to make a selection of icons that have the hotkey built into them (IE: Shortcut to Spellbook or Toys or Pets, etc etc).

http : // imgur . com / 4Z09pgi

Kind of like this.

Quote Originally Posted by heyimcute View Post
    can i get the elvui nameplates somewhere without the other stuff ?
    No, it is not independent.
    There are various addons for nameplate modifications though.
    On live - TidyPlates, KUI Nameplates, amongst others.
    Plus there are some on the beta, Nephilist Nameplates, Plater.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I know that WeakAuras supports progress bars on textures, so you could create a fixed arbitrary shape such as the runes without a lot of problems.
    But I don't recall it supporting something like the text.

Plus WeakAuras is not really trying to cater to unitframes, so such functionality as making them clickable or having tooltips is messy.
    In that particular case, I think putting out a request for someone to update/replicate the original would be a better approach.
    WeakAuras is not a solution to everything, nor should people be trying to make it be.
    One easy way to make flashy "WeakAuras unit frames" (effectively, though not technically) is to get an existing unit frames addon like Stuf, position them where you want, put your fancy WeakAuras graphics over top of it and then make the Stuf unit frames invisible. That way, they're still there to provide left and right click functionality, but you can make the health, power and whatever else displays look exactly the way you want.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    One easy way to make flashy "WeakAuras unit frames" (effectively, though not technically) is to get an existing unit frames addon like Stuf, position them where you want, put your fancy WeakAuras graphics over top of it and then make the Stuf unit frames invisible. That way, they're still there to provide left and right click functionality, but you can make the health, power and whatever else displays look exactly the way you want.
    Still a messy solution.
    I think there is definite room for a WeakAuras style addon for unitframes, where you can have a lot more flexibility on the positioning and graphical style of the elements.
    Though this has brought up the idea of text progress bars, which I think would be a neat idea in WA.

Is there a red X in the interface art assets for checkbuttons? I vaguely remember an addon or something ingame using checkbuttons with red Xs instead of the default yellow checkmarks. I searched quite a few of the extracted art folders and can't seem to find it. I could've sworn it exists.

Edit: nevermind, I found the addon and it's just the ready check X.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-06-15 at 11:55 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Is there an add-on that auto confirms when you try to equip a BOE item. Will make it alot easier to go through and soulbind all my BOE's before the wardrobe is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Draziusk View Post
    Is there an add-on that auto confirms when you try to equip a BOE item. Will make it alot easier to go through and soulbind all my BOE's before the wardrobe is released.
    There are a handful of small addons to auto confirm bop loots, but I'm not sure about equipping. However, it's pretty simple, so I made one below.

First, make a folder in Interface\AddOns named "AutoConfirmEquip"

Second, copy the code below and save it into a file named "AutoConfirmEquip.toc" in the folder you created (use the 'all files' dropdown option in the text editor save window)

Code:
    ## Interface: 60200
    ## Title: AutoConfirmEquip
    ## Notes: Auto confirms equipping items that bind on equip
    ## Version: 624
    ## Author: Kanegasi
    ## DefaultState: enabled

AutoConfirmEquip.lua

Finally, copy the next code into a file named "AutoConfirmEquip.lua" and save in the same folder

Code:
    local AutoConfirmEquip=CreateFrame('frame')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('EQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:RegisterEvent('AUTOEQUIP_BIND_CONFIRM')
    AutoConfirmEquip:SetScript('OnEvent',function(self,event,slot)EquipPendingItem(slot)end)

If you did this correctly, AutoConfirmEquip will show up in your addon list.

Thanks, that works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    There are a handful of small addons to auto confirm bop loots, but I'm not sure about equipping. However, it's pretty simple, so I made one below.

Second, copy the code below and save it into a file named "AutoConfirmEquip.toc" in the folder you created (use the 'all files' dropdown option in the text editor save window)

Code:

AutoConfirmEquip.lua

Finally, copy the next code into a file named "AutoConfirmEquip.lua" and save in the same folder

Code:
    AutoConfirmEquip:SetScript('OnEvent',function(self,event,slot)EquipPendingItem(slot)end)

Is there a way to do this by restricting rarity? For example only have this behaviour for greens or greens and blues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post

Code:

AutoConfirmEquip.lua

Code:

Is there a way to do this by restricting rarity? For example only have this behaviour for greens or greens and blues.

Nvm, I think PassLoot does what I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post

Nvm, I think PassLoot does what I asked.
    PassLoot and the addon I posted do nothing similar. PassLoot is for looting, the tiny addon I posted is for equipping.

As for the question, here's the code to change the auto equip based on rarity of the item. Replace everything in the .lua file above.

Code:
    AutoConfirmEquip:SetScript('OnEvent',function(self,event,slot)
        if (GetCursorInfo()) == 'item' then
            if tonumber(format('%3$s',GetItemInfo(format('%3$s',GetCursorInfo())))) < 4 then
                EquipPendingItem(slot)
            end
        end
    end)

This will auto confirm any BoE that's blue or less. You will get a confirm popup if you try to equip a purple item. Change the 4 to a 3 if you want to equip green or less and get a confirm for blues and purples. Rarity numbers are here.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-06-18 at 12:31 AM. Reason: tostring -> tonumber

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Adding to that BoE discussion, is it possible to equip any equippable (is that a word? :P) BOE with a macro command?

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Adding to that BoE discussion, is it possible to equip any equippable (is that a word? :P) BOE with a macro command?
    Code:
    /run for b=0,NUM_BAG_SLOTS do
    for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b) do
    local l=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)
    if l then
    if format('%9$s',GetItemInfo(l)) ~= '' then
    EquipItemByName(l) EquipPendingItem(0)
    end end end end

This is interesting. In both of the equip events from my addon, the slot variable is always 0, so EquipPendingItem(slot) always accepts 0. It's probably meant for multiple equip events, but you can't really equip two items at the exact same time code-wise.

Anyways, this macro will cycle through your bags and equip everything equippable and autoconfirm everything that is BoE. You do not need the addon I posted to use this macro. If you want the rarity filter in my last post, remove "EquipPendingItem(0)" from this macro and install the addon. From my testing, this macro skips BoE items if there's a confirm dialog, and the dialog doesn't even show, so if you have the rarity filter, any BoE purple should stay BoE. I suggest you test on cheap purples just in case that was a fluke in my UI before trusting that the macro won't bind anything you want to sell.

For this macro, I don't think it's possible to filter out only the BoE items, but it won't hurt to cycle through and equip the BoP items.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-06-19 at 02:10 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    Alright, this is driving me nuts. Anyone know what is causing this hideous yellow edge texture on my timer spirals?

It only happens on Grid and some abilities on my action bar. No other spirals have it. And it's not in grid or my action bars mod. also not in omnicc.

I've gotten rid of it before. It's a texture file (tga or blp? one of those). I just cant find it again.
    Which addon for grid is for those indicator "bar" (yellow at top left and red at top right), seems like mini bars. Thanks in advance

is there an addon in dev for 7.0 to help keep track of what transmogs you have unlocked, or does the default UI have an "already known" or something on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    is there an addon in dev for 7.0 to help keep track of what transmogs you have unlocked, or does the default UI have an "already known" or something on there?
    There is a "Not known" tag but not a "Known" one. I'm sure an addon will appear that does it, very soon.

Hey guys, can someone tell me what the 1:1 ratio is when using a 2560x1440p is? I know its 0.7111111111111 etc for 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Hey guys, can someone tell me what the 1:1 ratio is when using a 2560x1440p is? I know its 0.7111111111111 etc for 1080p.
    By default, resolutions with a Y higher than 1200 cannot have a 1:1 ratio, since the lowest scale the UI will accept is 0.64. However, you can put a line of code in another addon or in its own addon that will force the scale each time you load. The code is UIParent:SetScale(number).

For the 1:1 ratio of any resolution, divide 768 by the Y, so for you, it would be 768/1440.