Question Map Dropmenu Click Bug

Hello folks,

Is anyone experiencing a annoying glitch in map dropdown menus? (Ex: Show Digsites, Show Quests, etc)
    Whenever I click any of the dropdown menus it closes in a split second and can't select any option...

I use HandyNotes and this addon's edit window has dropdown menus that I now can't use, but I noticed it was not the addon cause I disabled ALL addons and some menus of the map still present this annoying bug. Just wondering if is a game bug or something else might be the culptrit.

Thanks in advance.
    "Before the curse I was a warrior, weak among my peers but swifter than everyone of them.
    The first time I woke up as a Worgen, Genn restored my honor, I knew I was finally free to join the shadows as a Rogue.
    I would follow Genn to the abyss of the Maelstrom and beyond, this time as a free beast."

I was noticing a similar issue with the drop down list in the BonusRollPreview addon. Prior to the patch, when I clicked the drop down the list would stay open. Since the patch it snaps closed right away. The best thing may be to let the addon creator know and submit a bug report to blizzard incase it is on their end?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalnite View Post
    I was noticing a similar issue with the drop down list in the BonusRollPreview addon. Prior to the patch, when I clicked the drop down the list would stay open. Since the patch it snaps closed right away. The best thing may be to let the addon creator know and submit a bug report to blizzard incase it is on their end?
    That's the thing, I found this bug in the map of the game, with all addons disabled and clean cache, then when I re-enabled Handynotes it shows the same dropdown glitch in the edit window and similar menus, it's definitely a bug in the default map UI and it cascades to any addon that works with the map.

I'll try to clean all UI folders altogether to see if it goes away and post results here again.
    Thanks for the input Immortalnite.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, the glitch is still there... no addons at all and the map menus snap closed as soon as clicked. Anyone with similar bugs across the default UI? The bug I'm having is only happening when the map is in subzones (Durotar, Ogrimmar, Eversong Woods)... the drodown menus work fine in continental maps (Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Draenor, etc)
    Last edited by Link Sunstrider; 2017-01-13 at 02:47 AM.
    "Before the curse I was a warrior, weak among my peers but swifter than everyone of them.
    The first time I woke up as a Worgen, Genn restored my honor, I knew I was finally free to join the shadows as a Rogue.
    I would follow Genn to the abyss of the Maelstrom and beyond, this time as a free beast."

Anyone else with this same issue?
    Just wondering...

I have this issue also! It has been very annoying. I thought for sure it was an addon I was using. NOPE! I did a little research and found the following thread...

(I can't post links on this site yet, put in "https:" before the //) //us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15355745432

I will be trying this for sure when I get home tonight. Hope it works!

- manooly

Quote Originally Posted by manooly View Post
    I have this issue also! It has been very annoying. I thought for sure it was an addon I was using. NOPE! I did a little research and found the following thread...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15355745432

I will be trying this for sure when I get home tonight. Hope it works!

- manooly
    Fixed link.
    And Bookmarked for reference.
    Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Well, I tried the little addon suggested in that link I provided yesterday. I did NOT work for me. When I click on any of the dropdowns within the world map they just start blinking. So annoying! Is anyone else seeing this issue? Any other suggestions I might try? Thanks!

- manooly

Bingo, it DID fix the drop menu problem for me at least... awesome indeed... I'll reference this thread to some addon devs like HandyNotes and Mapster so they can iterate further into the problem if they want. Thank you guys for the help!

Manooly try to clean the cache folder and disable all other addons first to see if the little addon from the Blizz forums helps.

Hey Link Sunstrider! Did my reference to the little addon work for you or did you try/use something else? I guess I'm a little confused. When you say "clean" the cache folder are you simply saying for me to rename the existing one to something like "CacheOld" so when I restart the game it will create a new one? Do you use any other addons when playing? If you do does the fix still work for you? I use ElvUI, TRP3 and Bagnon and the addon did NOT work for me. I wonder why it worked for you though. Hmmm.....

Thanks for replying though!

Yes Manooly, your reference did work for me, thanks!

Whenever I have a problem with the addons I disable them all, if I realize the problem lies in the default UI then I delete the cache folder and most of the time it corrects the problem. I remember that Mapster once messed up the world map UI even after I disabled the addon and deleted it in the addon folder so I then proceded to delete the cache folder and the glitch went away, no idea why or how the cache folder works but I think it that deleting it sort of cleanses the default UI.

Gotcha Link Sunstrider! Now have you reinstalled or enabled your addons and does this fix still work for you? Just curious...

Gotcha Link Sunstrider! Now have you reinstalled or enabled your addons and does this fix still work for you? Just curious...
    Not really, just created the little addon in the link you provided and deleted cache folder before restarting the game and the dropmenu giltch was gone... right now I have a little glitch with the "Move Note" function of HandyNotes and feels like the same bug is the cause but that's something beyond my knowledge so I'll wait an update for that.

Well, I tried the new Cache folder and disabling all of my addons and then just selecting the little addon for the map fix but it still did NOT work for me. As soon as I open the map and start clicking on the dropdown arrows they start blinking/flickering. I really hope this is a problem on Blizzard's side and not mine because I have no idea what is causing this. I never had this problem in years past. It seems like it has only starting happening a month or two ago. Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

- manooly

Yes, this is definitely a major bug in the default mapworld UI, the little addon fixed the dropdown menus bug (snap closed as soon as clicked), haven't checked the main map with the world locations and arrows, I'll check that later and post the results. I doubt that little addon will be anything more than a band-aid to the many problems in the default map UI so we'll have to wait for an official fix for this.

I had this issue that started happening in 7.1, but only when World Quests List was enabled. Disabling that specific add-on prevented it from happening and it would start happening again once I re-enabled it.
    Then the author of that add-on fixed the problem, and I haven't had it since. :s
    Didn't know that this would actually happen somehow with no addons and that this was an old thing from years ago as well.

I noticed a hotfix seemed to go in last night to the game. My map problem seems to be fixed. I'll be doing more experimenting tonight to make sure it has been corrected. Anyone hear anything about this?

I noticed a hotfix seemed to go in last night to the game. My map problem seems to be fixed. I'll be doing more experimenting tonight to make sure it has been corrected. Anyone hear anything about this?
    Nope, the bug is still there, disabled all my addons (Blizz's thread fix addon too) and the dropmenus snap closed as soon as clicked.

You're right.....still not fixed!!! Any word on an upcoming fix for this? I sure hope so.....soon!!!