Quote Originally Posted by Loevty View Post
    Anyone know what addon this is, the one that looks like power autra's and is tracking buufs / debuffs and cooldowns?
    It's iFilger (htt ps: //github.com/ildyria/iFilger)

I'm new here and i have a question about a DK macro, i want to know if is possible to make a macro with dark simulacrum with modfier to my focus and no mod for my current target.Anyone can help me?

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod][]Dark Simulacrum

Deleted
    Hello.
    Can you help me to find out the addons used in these movies pls?
    1- youtube.com/watch?v=bF-rLTHHwac&list=UUD5tuCjW8ry5KdM8NfJIIrw&index=7&feature=plcp
    2- youtube.com/watch?v=WbpjSl6-8Rs&list=UUD5tuCjW8ry5KdM8NfJIIrw&index=5&feature=plcp

I Identified only: OmniCC, Grid, TellMeWhen, SCT, DBM and Recount and i need help on the others (map, chat, castbar and so on).
    Ty in advance for the help, Theclown.

Need some help locating an addon. I want something to skin the dropdown menu. I know I could just grab the addon "Skinner", but I find it horrifying to use. I just can't stand using it. Anyone know of something else I can use do skin frames, specifically the dropdown menu?
    Skinner is about the only one that does it. Otherwise you have default UI element replacements which aren't mods at all. You're just loading alternatives to default interface graphics. Problem is if you skin the border and background for dropdown menu, you will skin it for most menus in game I think as the background and border graphic are reused.
    If you want to try and find if there is a specific graphic for it, this is where you'd search:
    http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artbrowser/Interface
    I'm guessing in DialogFrame but you'd have to check that yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theclown View Post
    Hello.
    Can you help me to find out the addons used in these movies pls?
    1- youtube.com/watch?v=bF-rLTHHwac&list=UUD5tuCjW8ry5KdM8NfJIIrw&index=7&feature=plcp
    2- youtube.com/watch?v=WbpjSl6-8Rs&list=UUD5tuCjW8ry5KdM8NfJIIrw&index=5&feature=plcp

I Identified only: OmniCC, Grid, TellMeWhen, SCT, DBM and Recount and i need help on the others (map, chat, castbar and so on).
    Ty in advance for the help, Theclown.
    For minimap in second video, he's using Sexymap. Castbar is probably Quartz and chat can be any number of chat mods. I'd guess Prat or Chatter.

Hey

Can anybody recommend an addon. That can show a certain buff on you or a debuff missing on a mob, in a big flashy configurable frame or icon?

For example as a mage when i have Hot Streak up, or when Living bomb is missing on the target. I'd want a big flashy notification that stays on the screen untill i've refreshed living bomb or used Hot Streak

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Is there an easy way to convert /run commands into an AddOn?

For example, I want to turn this into an AddOn to save me from having to use it every time I log in:

Code:
    /run UFP = "UnitFramePortrait_Update"; UICC = "Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-Classes-Circles"; CIT = CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS;SP,CA="SetPoint","ClearAllPoints";NO=function() end
    /run hooksecurefunc(UFP,function(s) if s.portrait then if UnitIsPlayer(s.unit) then local t=CIT[select(2,UnitClass(s.unit))] if t then s.portrait:SetTexture(UICC) s.portrait:SetTexCoord(unpack(t)) end else s.portrait:SetTexCoord(0,1,0,1) end end end)

/run zf = CreateFrame("FRAME") zf:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") zf:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED") zf:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED") zf:RegisterEvent(S.C)
    /run function zz(self, event, td) if (event == S.C and td ~= "target") then return end; if UnitIsPlayer("target") then _, class = UnitClass("target"); c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class]; _G[S.A]:SetVertexColor(c.r, c.g, c.B); _G[S.A]:SetAlpha(1); end end
    /run zf:SetScript("OnEvent", zz);ff = CreateFrame("FRAME") ff:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") ff:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED") ff:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_FOCUS_CHANGED") ff:RegisterEvent(S.C)
    /run function ft(self, event, td) if (event == S.C and td ~= "focus") then return end; if UnitIsPlayer("focus") then _, class = UnitClass("focus"); c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class]; _G[S.B]:SetVertexColor(c.r, c.g, c.B); _G[S.B]:SetAlpha(1) end end
    /run ff:SetScript("OnEvent", ft)

Would I need advanced knowledge of coding or would it be something as simple as removing the "/run" and adding a line of text or so? I tried using Treeston's "12 steps for creating an AddOn from a code snippet" guide but since the above one is intented to be used as a macro it didn't work.
    Yes, remove all of the /run parts.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-06 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added quote for clarification

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Is there an easy way to convert /run commands into an AddOn?
    As lawomous said, simply cutting off all the /run parts will do the trick. However, I'd suggest you add the following at the top:
    Code:
    setfenv(1,setmetatable((select(2,...)),{__index=_G}))
    It will prevent your macro from changing any global variables permanently (since macros such as this tend to taint the global environment a lot) by giving it its own environment (with a metatable to forward any lookups to the global environment).

10+ Year Old Account
    OK I'm still in the configuration state of STUF, but I can't figure out how to NOT use damaging bars on the target, I need to use icons instead...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted

What is the cooldown thing on the left in this video? Would be pretty nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ujSjKOUfw&feature=channel_video_title

What is the cooldown thing on the left in this video? Would be pretty nice to have.
    It's Afflicted 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Thanks a lot

I'm looking for a way to get 2 background images or frames behind my chat windows on either side of the screen in an easy way, I find kgpanels very complicated is there any other simpler way and how can I preview how it will look? - also cause I'm having some bad luck getting replies i'll repost my other questions here: with Pitbull how can I show on my playerframe only my buffs but including trinket & weapon procs without having to add em each manually - and why can't I keybind my 10 button on razer naga on a mac with the 123 setting without it being a duplicate for any of the other buttons? Thank you very much for any help.

Deleted
    im looking for an addon that adds a simple number on my screen showing me my rage/focus or energy depending on the class i play
    just like this one http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ker.html#other
    that unfortunately does not work anymore :/
    if anyone knows one it would be great.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savaoth669 View Post
    im looking for an addon that adds a simple number on my screen showing me my rage/focus or energy depending on the class i play
    just like this one http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ker.html#other
    that unfortunately does not work anymore :/
    if anyone knows one it would be great.

thanks
    Maybe this one works: ClassicPowerText

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking for a Combat Text addon that will let me filter specific spells into specific areas of the screen. This seems like such a simple idea, yet I can't find anything that will do it.

MSBT, Parrot, SCTD, and xCT all force you to use general categories — "Outgoing damage", "Outgoing crits", "Periodic damage", "Periodic crits", that sort of thing. They also all let you filter OUT specific spells, but none of them let you Whitelist such that only certain specified spells show up.

Basically, I want:
    • All Ignite damage ticks in one place
    • Critical strikes from Pyroblast and Fireball another place
    • All Combustion ticks in one place (and not the same place as Ignite)

I don't need any other scrolling data at this time. The simple solution would be to Whitelist (only show those spells), and to allow me to set up per scroll frame what spells appear there.

Despite hundreds and hundreds of configuration details in all the Combat Text addons I've tried today, none of them give you these basic options. Further, they require me to manually add every bloody spell that isn't Pyroblast/Fireball into their Filter list. Is there anything out there I've missed, which would let me do this?

EDIT: Well I've settled on using MSBT and having Crits sent to one frame and Dot Hits/Crits sent to another, and filtering every single other Mage spell. It's functional, and mostly does what I need, but — there's so much unnecessary clutter (especially Pyroblast dot tick spam).
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2012-01-09 at 10:05 PM.

Hey, am curious what this unit frame addon is? I have circled what I mean on the screenie, I just think it looks quite epic zoomed :P thanks in advance.

Last edited by lawomous; 2012-01-09 at 02:32 AM.

Can someone help me out with getting a timer for Inquisition? I have Tellmewhen and I don't know how to get it to work. I want to see the buff by itself with a timer saying how long it is until it's expired. Thanks!

You could use the MoveAnything mod and just move your Buffs to a convenient location? Or do you only want it for Inq?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
    You could use the MoveAnything mod and just move your Buffs to a convenient location? Or do you only want it for Inq?
    Only for inquisition. my other buffs are fine where they're at. Inquisition gets caught up with all the other buffs and it's annoying to try and find it while doing a raid.