I am looking for a way to edit the Strata (the foreground-background priority) of either DeadlyBossMods or MSBT, right now my scrolling combat text is coming in front of my DBM Timers and Instead of moving them I'd like to alter the strata.

Solved: found it in forum archives (google fml! haha), in the MikScrollingBattleText folder in Addons.
    "If you are .lua savvy and know how to get into .lua files and edit them, you would open up MsbtAnimations.lua and find line 535 and replace whatever is on it with"
    animationFrame:SetFrameStrata("MEDIUM")
    Last edited by Elrandir; 2012-01-14 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Post the link with some spaces in between and I'll edit it together, but it's probably one of the addons found on this page:
    Thank you mate! what a excellent site

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Anyone know an addon that Autoconfirms loot questions (are you sure yadda yadda) but doesn't take up over 1mb of memory? Or doesn't that matter?
    I used Autoconfirmroll, which took over 1mb, and tried Autoconfirmloot but that needs ACE3 which also takes over 1mb lol.
    I already replied on the addon page, but here I'll reply again:

That's probably because AutoConfirmRoll embeds the Ace3 framework, and the name starts with an "A".
    Addons get loaded alphabetically, so most likely AutoConfirmRoll's embeded Ace3 will be used, instead of the other Addons their Ace3 copy.

You can test this out by downloading the Ace3 standalone. Then you can see exactly how much memory Ace3 is using, instead of "hiding" under AutoConfirmRoll's guise.

(The memory usage should show as using 23 KB, instead of around 1 MB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    but that needs ACE3 which also takes over 1mb lol.
    A lot of addons use Ace3, e.g. Bartender/Recount/InlineAura, so you will be using Ace3 either way.
    Saying you don't want Addons with Ace3 is like denying half of all Addons

1. memory usage has no negative effect on performance (unless there is none left), quite the contrary.
    2. for me at the moment WoW.exe is using just under 1 GB of ram. 1MB's a drop in the ocean.

If memory usage is hindering your performance I'm surprised. I didn't know machines that old could mount drives big enough to hold WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    A lot of addons use Ace3, e.g. Bartender/Recount/InlineAura, so you will be using Ace3 either way.
    Saying you don't want Addons with Ace3 is like denying half of all Addons
    I didn't know that about Ace3 so exsqueeze me, anyway I got leatrix plus recommended by someone, which replaces around 4 little addons.

I'm looking for an addon that tracks diminishing returns for banish on pets anyone know a good one, preferably lightweight since I have an addon for other DR's already. (need it for pvp)

thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know of an Addon that will allow me to move SOME (not all), SOME buffs to another spot on my screen while leaving the rest in place?

For instance, for my DK, I'd like to move Bone Shield to above my unit frame
    For my druid, I'd like Savage Defense and Pulverize buff above my unit frame
    [Class] wants buff [name] above unit frame

Anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Does anyone know of an Addon that will allow me to move SOME (not all), SOME buffs to another spot on my screen while leaving the rest in place?
    Instead of moving the buff, I created PowerAuras for a lot of those buffs I want to track more closely. Like Slice and Dice looks like this on my rogue.

Version:4.23; b:0.9961; icon:Ability_Rogue_SliceDice; buffname:Slice and Dice; r:0.898; x:-30; unitn:Only for raid/group.; texture:0; alpha:1; aurastext:vt; owntex:true; inVehicle:0; aurastextfont:18; size:0.15; y:-114; texmode:2; ismounted:0; finish:0; timer.a:0.75; timer.h:1.15; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.x:-9; timer.Transparent:true

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Dear users of MMOCHAMPION.

I need an assist.

I'm rolling a restro-drooood, and i really cant find any addon that i can track my lb, rejuv and other things like that.

If you guys can help me! i'll be on debt.

Deleted
    looking for a affliction warlock addon that does the same thing as the ferald druid addon "droodfocus" so basicly a simply and not to many function addon that trach dots

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantxx View Post
    Dear users of MMOCHAMPION.

I need an assist.

I'm rolling a restro-drooood, and i really cant find any addon that i can track my lb, rejuv and other things like that.

If you guys can help me! i'll be on debt.
    Need to know can track any HoT or DoT. Need to Know
    You can also configure tellmewhen to track it as well. tellmewhen

Need to know will display the timers more as a bar where Tellmewhen will have icons with text if you choose. I perfer tellmewhen because you can set Visual as well as audio alerts for some situations.
    Last edited by grakes; 2012-01-16 at 03:03 PM. Reason: More info

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yo guys, looking for an addon that can change the text type/size of incoming/outgoing damage/healing, something like mik scrolling battle text but still uses the default blizz 3d part instead of the scrolling part that mik uses.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    yo guys, looking for an addon that can change the text type/size of incoming/outgoing damage/healing, something like mik scrolling battle text but still uses the default blizz 3d part instead of the scrolling part that mik uses.
    The only modification I am aware of is changing the font itself. though according to another post I read it may be possible to modify the font file itself, in changing the scaling of the sizes in that.
    That would be the only way to change its size I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    Download xCT
    Find this code in the Config lua file:
    Code:
    ["blizzheadnumbers"] = false,
    change that to true.

Then download a font you like,and paste in the the addon folder.
    Go to Config lua file again and find where it says
    Code:
    ["font"] = "Interface\\Addons\\xCT\\HOOGE.TTF"
    and replace HOOGE with the name of the font you chose.
    Underneath it there's this:
    Code:
    ["fontsize"] = 12,
    Is the fontsize of your floating combat text.Change that the way you want to see it.(I have it on 20)
    Then find these lines:
    Code:
    ["justify_1"] = "LEFT",		-- incoming damage justify
    	["justify_2"] = "RIGHT",	-- incoming healing justify
    	["justify_3"] = "CENTER",	-- various messages justify (mana, rage, auras, etc)
    	["justify_4"] = "RIGHT",	-- outgoing damage/healing justify
    and change them to:
    -- justify messages in frames, valid values are "RIGHT" "LEFT" "CENTER"
    ["justify_1"] = "RIGHT", -- incoming damage justify
    ["justify_2"] = "LEFT", -- incoming healing justify
    ["justify_3"] = "CENTER", -- various messages justify (mana, rage, auras, etc)
    ["justify_4"] = "RIGHT", -- outgoing damage/healing justify
    Then go to the xCT lua file and add at the end
    Code:
    xCT4:Hide()
    Type /xct unlock
    Change position to incoming healing (to the left) and incoming damage(to the right)
    then type xct lock,accept to reload ui, and you are ready

Hi,

I need an addon that IGNORES certain nameplates (Bloods in Spine of DW). I tried Threatplates but it only hides nameplates, they still there dropping my fps off.

Can anyone tell me what raid frame this guy is using? I've tried asking my guild and they can't give a definite answer.

And if it's healbot, does anyone know of a really good, in depth guide they can direct me to?

Hi,

I need an addon that IGNORES certain nameplates (Bloods in Spine of DW). I tried Threatplates but it only hides nameplates, they still there dropping my fps off.
    Tidyplates (not its module threatplates) allows you to build an ignore list of mobs by name. But yes it will only hide it. Addons can't alter which mobs they spawn for. We can only show/hide. So if you have issues, I'd turn them off completely and use target/focus/boss frames instead.

Can anyone tell me what raid frame this guy is using? I've tried asking my guild and they can't give a definite answer.
    That is indeed healbot. You can tell cause the hots he's tracking are coming in order in which they are being cast, rather than having fixed position, which is rather unique to healbot.
    There are many healbot guides. Here are a few:
    http://www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833...-healbot-setup
    http://www.healbot.info/dokuwiki/dok...albottutorials

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 08:45 PM ----------

Like computernerd said, you can't change anything about default sct text except font and the only way to adjust the size of that font is to manually adjust the font size outside wow using specific font programs (like http://www.cr8software.net/typelight.html), then use that to substitute for default sct font. Sizing in game by font size is impossible as we do not have access to 3d world (which sct is part of).
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-01-17 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit:
    hey hey, WeakAuras solves absolutely every demand I had. Leaving this post here for the 0.005% chance it helps someone else in the future. :>

I'm looking for an addon that will let me make areas of solid color, of arbitrary size, on the screen at a frame strata of my choosing, and conditionally show or hide it. I use this as a backdrop around areas of my UI (eg, castbar or dots) to indicate procs in a simple, clear, non-distracting way that stands out against the game environment.

So far I've been really fudging it by using a Raven bar group filled with the cooldowns of dummy NPC spells and set to 'Show when ready', which forces junk icons to simply display at all times. Then I turn off Icons in the bar group and add a Background panel, resulting in a solid-colored rectangle of roughly arbitrary size based on the scale of the hidden icons. Raven conditionals then control when it appears.

I'm using this method more and more, though, so it's getting increasingly clunky. The ability to just define areas of solid color would be a lot smoother and cleaner. I have tried PowerAuras with a custom solid-color texture, but it only lets you 'Distort' textures, not actually define their tiling or dimensions — so it's actually more awkward and less adaptable for this purpose.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of something that would support me doing this?
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2012-01-17 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Tidyplates allows you to build an ignore list of mobs by name.
    Threatplates is a theme of tidyplates, btw I can't find any options menu for tidyplates other than select themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Edit:
    hey hey, WeakAuras solves absolutely every demand I had. Leaving this post here for the 0.005% chance it helps someone else in the future. :>

I'm looking for an addon that will let me make areas of solid color, of arbitrary size, on the screen at a frame strata of my choosing, and conditionally show or hide it. I use this as a backdrop around areas of my UI (eg, castbar or dots) to indicate procs in a simple, clear, non-distracting way that stands out against the game environment.

So far I've been really fudging it by using a Raven bar group filled with the cooldowns of dummy NPC spells and set to 'Show when ready', which forces junk icons to simply display at all times. Then I turn off Icons in the bar group and add a Background panel, resulting in a solid-colored rectangle of roughly arbitrary size based on the scale of the hidden icons. Raven conditionals then control when it appears.

I'm using this method more and more, though, so it's getting increasingly clunky. The ability to just define areas of solid color would be a lot smoother and cleaner. I have tried PowerAuras with a custom solid-color texture, but it only lets you 'Distort' textures, not actually define their tiling or dimensions — so it's actually more awkward and less adaptable for this purpose.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of something that would support me doing this?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/kg-panels
    Solves your problem.

Looking for a WeakAuras ICD tracker dump for the multiple classes I play, trinkets, ect. (Hunter, Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, eventually Priest)
    Anyone know of one?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff