I'm using ElvUI and love minimalism. Here is my UI:

(That is the bare minimum of it - while I'm just stood around doing nothing)

My problem is to do with the actionbar which is shown on the screenshot. I use this actionbar for cooldowns and the 2 buttons that I click (Molten Armor and Dalaran Brilliance)
    I would like to make the actionbar behave in the same way as my player unitframe. I have my player unitframe on mouseover when I am out of combat, as I don't need it. When I target something, or cast a spell, my player unitframe appears. It also appears when I enter combat and stays visible until I leave combat.

I have tried using:
    [@target,exists]show;[combat]show;hide

This works almost as I would like it to, except that the actionbar does not appear on mouseover when out of combat.
    If I tick the Mouse Over box in the ElvUI actionbar settings, it works how I intend it to work outside of combat/targeting something, but it will only appear on mouseover in combat/targeting something (which is not what I would like it to do - I would like it to be visible all of the time in combat/targeting something)

If anyone could supply a code to make my actionbar act the way I would like it to, that would be amazing!
    (Sorry for repeating the same things, sentence after sentence. I just tried to make my intentions as clear as I could :P)
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-20 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I'm using ElvUI and love minimalism. Here is my UI:

(That is the bare minimum of it - while I'm just stood around doing nothing)

My problem is to do with the actionbar which is shown on the screenshot. I use this actionbar for cooldowns and the 2 buttons that I click (Molten Armor and Dalaran Brilliance)
    I would like to make the actionbar behave in the same way as my player unitframe. I have my player unitframe on mouseover when I am out of combat, as I don't need it. When I target something, or cast a spell, my player unitframe appears. It also appears when I enter combat and stays visible until I leave combat.

I have tried using:
    [@target,exists]show;[combat]show;hide

This works almost as I would like it to, except that the actionbar does not appear on mouseover when out of combat.
    If I tick the Mouse Over box in the ElvUI actionbar settings, it works how I intend it to work outside of combat/targeting something, but it will only appear on mouseover in combat/targeting something (which is not what I would like it to do - I would like it to be visible all of the time in combat/targeting something)

If anyone could supply a code to make my actionbar act the way I would like it to, that would be amazing!
    (Sorry for repeating the same things, sentence after sentence. I just tried to make my intentions as clear as I could :P)
    I've also been wanting to do this and have had no success. I have my main bar hide OOC and show if in combat or enter a vehicle but would like it mouseover show OOC.

I had to give up and make a "sudo" bar for my CDs via Weakauras for the bottom of my screen to behave correctly. Tried this to make a "sudo" main bar but its just not the same.

I asked on the ElvUI forums if it was possible to have actionbars be mouseover but always show in combat, ect. but got no answers.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-20 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    Isnt something like that possible to do with Bartender?
    I know there are some fade in/fade out options last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I've also been wanting to do this and have had no success. I have my main bar hide OOC and show if in combat or enter a vehicle but would like it mouseover show OOC.

I had to give up and make a "sudo" bar for my CDs via Weakauras for the bottom of my screen to behave correctly. Tried this to make a "sudo" main bar but its just not the same.

I asked on the ElvUI forums if it was possible to have actionbars be mouseover but always show in combat, ect. but got no answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Isnt something like that possible to do with Bartender?
    I know there are some fade in/fade out options last time I checked.
    Damn, this makes me sad. Hopefully someone here will be able to help!
    I'm also trying to use as little AddOns as possible in my UI; so I don't really want to go ahead and mess around with Bartender or Dominos or whatever else :P

ractionbarstyler can do what you request i think, or kong.. kong you can add fading on all your ui elements.

If you don't wanna use any "extra" addon or change to a new addon for it i guess it's not that important to you.

Hi guys, im looking for AddOns to use with my paladin retribution. Right now I use a mix of bartender with Xperl and Classtimer, but I want something to customize my UI even more. Any suggestions on what AddOns should I use or maybe some "pre made" UI???
    Thanks

Just use the Fade option in Bartender and this conditional to make your UI element show on pressing control (and of course mouseover):

[mod:ctrl]show;fade

I believe the above poster's code can be similar to (I dont think the @ symbol is needed):

[@target,exists]show;[combat]show;[mouseover]show;hide
    Last edited by TiaMaster; 2012-12-20 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigoTxc View Post
    Hi guys, im looking for AddOns to use with my paladin retribution. Right now I use a mix of bartender with Xperl and Classtimer, but I want something to customize my UI even more. Any suggestions on what AddOns should I use or maybe some "pre made" UI???
    Thanks
    Depends on how much time you want to waste configuring your addons. Wowinterface, Curse and other similar addon sites offer a variety of addons, go there and either search by addon packages or by class. If you want a premade ui, Elvui/Tukui are a total ui replacement, have many functions and can be configured within few steps. Just keep in mind to not ''overdo'' it, find the one you feel is the most suitable for your playstyle and stick with it.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3b9f06f6; 2012-12-20 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teklb View Post
    Depends on how much time you want to waste configuring your addons. Wowinterface, Curse and other similar addon sites offer a variety of addons, go there and either search by addon packages or by class. If you want a premade ui, Elvui/Tukui are a total ui replacement, have many functions and can be configured within few steps. Just keep in mind to not ''overdo'' it, find the one you feel is the most suitable for your playstyle and stick with it.
    Well I dont mind spending a day or two configuring my addons. Thanks for the help, im gonna check those web sites and those premade ui

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
    I believe the above poster's code can be similar to (I dont think the @ symbol is needed):

Unfortunately that did not work either :\
    I wish ElvUI allowed you to make actionbars behave the same way as the unitframes are able to

Deleted
    If I understood this correctly:
    Code:
    [combat][bonusbar:5][@vehicle,exists]show;fade

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I wish ElvUI allowed you to make actionbars behave the same way as the unitframes are able to
    Solution: ditch ElvUI

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Solution: ditch ElvUI
    But... but... I only just made "the big change" to ElvUI! I can't go back yet! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i'm looking for a mod to change character names in chat. SO say one guildy would be purple another white and so on. I could REALLY use one like this and pretty sure one at least used to exist but i cannot find it...So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
    Just use the Fade option in Bartender and this conditional to make your UI element show on pressing control (and of course mouseover):

[mod:ctrl]show;fade

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    If I understood this correctly:
    Code:
    [combat][bonusbar:5][@vehicle,exists]show;fade

Both these do not work. They do work in the sense that they show in combat, but will not show on mouseover OOC.
    I'm gonna bump my post on the ElvUI forums and see if there is a way!

Deleted
    Hi, ive been looking for it some time now, but i dont really know what to look for (makes sense ikr)..
    So search tool didnt gave my what i needed.

Im basicly looking for an addon / way to move the standard "energy or power bar" that you get from lets say Stone guards / ambershaper / that counter you get in stormstout brewery. Anyone knows what i might be after? Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshke View Post
    Hi, ive been looking for it some time now, but i dont really know what to look for (makes sense ikr)..
    So search tool didnt gave my what i needed.

Im basicly looking for an addon / way to move the standard "energy or power bar" that you get from lets say Stone guards / ambershaper / that counter you get in stormstout brewery. Anyone knows what i might be after? Much appreciated
    MoveAnything can move that bar and pretty much everything in a UI.

Deleted
    Is there a working itemlvl addon, which doesnt consume 75% of my CPU-power and RAM?
    I want to see the itemlvl of the people I 5-man/raid with.

Thx in advance

Deleted
    regarding stuf, stuf raid specifically.

how do I enter the test environment like with the normal frames? I can make it show the anchors and thus the size of the frames, but I can't find test environment to play with the style

thanks in advance !

Both these do not work. They do work in the sense that they show in combat, but will not show on mouseover OOC.
    I'm gonna bump my post on the ElvUI forums and see if there is a way!
    Report back with any good news, soldier!