1. #11541
    How do I create a Weak Aura that displays time since X buff expired (counts upward) and disappears when the buff becomes active? I've searched quite a few pages and threads on RPPM weak auras and can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for. If the timer can cap at say, 3 minutes, that would be great as well.

    I know how to make the icon for when it's inactive, just not the timer.

    If the specific spell name/id is needed, Juju Madness (Id: 138938) and Blades of Renataki (Id: 138756).
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  2. #11542
    High Overlord lydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Actually looks like an edited version of my old UI. It's certainly different, but the unit frames are surely the same along with the castbar.

  3. #11543
    hi, i'm looking for a addon that can change the menus style (and achievement pop-ups ingame etc.), the standard menus doesn't fit well with my current UI... and i didn't find anything on google :/

    thank you in advance.

    edit: thank you Rarch, that was the addon i was looking for
    Last edited by Minax; 2013-08-12 at 02:46 AM.

  4. #11544
    Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    hi, i'm looking for a addon that can change the menus style (and achievement pop-ups ingame etc.), the standard menus doesn't fit well with my current UI... and i didn't find anything on google :/

    thank you in advance.
    There's 2 very common ones:

    Aurora
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...89-Aurora.html
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gTextures.html
    (make sure to DL both of those)

    and

    Miir GUI
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Pack-Grey.html

  5. #11545
    I've been using UnifiedTankFrames for a while now, but lately it's giving me 1000+ errors since it hasn't been updated since 5.0.5. Looked for a replacement on Curse, but can't find anything that's updated for current patch and doesn't require a huge addon package. Does anyone know of a minimal addon that does the same thing and is being kept current? To clarify: The only thing I want is a small addon that has clickable frames for the tanks and their targets.

  6. #11546
    I recently returned to WoW and have started using ElvUI, particularly that with the Affinitii presets. Prior to installing the addon, I was just running the base WoW UI and was enjoying how new abilities were placed on my toolbar as I leveled up. With the ElvUI, this is no longer the case. I was wondering if there was any way I could change this?

    I also had a couple more requests:

    * Could anybody direct me to an Addon (or plugin for ElvUI) which prevents me from looting grey/white quality items?
    * Could anybody instruct me on how to import presets into Weak Auras?
    Last edited by PMAarun; 2013-08-13 at 12:44 PM.

  7. #11547
    Quote Originally Posted by PMAarun View Post
    I recently returned to WoW and have started using ElvUI, particularly that with the Affinitii presets. Prior to installing the addon, I was just running the base WoW UI and was enjoying how new abilities were placed on my toolbar as I leveled up. With the ElvUI, this is no longer the case. I was wondering if there was any way I could change this?
    Let me know if there are any bugs with this:

    In Interface/Addons create a new folder "ElvUI_PushToActionBar". In that folder, create blank text files "ElvUI_PushToActionBar.toc" and "core.lua" (NOT .txt files). Then open those files in Notepad or other text editor and paste the respective code chunks here:

    ElvUI_PushToActionBar.toc
    Code:
    ## Interface: 50300
    ## Title: |cff1784d1ElvUI|r PushToActionBar
    ## Author: pnutbutter
    ## Notes: Re-enables the animation and auto-placing to the ActionBar upon learning a new spell.
    ## RequiredDeps: ElvUI
    core.lua
    core.lua
    Code:
    local E = unpack(ElvUI)
    local AB = E.ActionBars
    
    local function undoElvDisable()
    	IconIntroTracker:SetParent(UIParent)
    	IconIntroTracker:Show()
    	IconIntroTracker:RegisterEvent("SPELL_PUSHED_TO_ACTIONBAR")
    	IconIntroTracker:SetScript("OnEvent",IconIntroTracker_OnEvent)
    end
    AB.orig_DisableBlizzard=AB.DisableBlizzard
    AB.DisableBlizzard=function(self)
    	self:orig_DisableBlizzard()
    	undoElvDisable()
    end
    
    local function pushSpellToActionBar(self,spellID,slotIndex,slotPos)
    	local _, _, icon = GetSpellInfo(spellID);
    	local freeIcon;
     
    	for a,b in pairs(self.iconList) do
    		if b.isFree then
    			freeIcon = b;
    		end
    	end
    	 
    	if not freeIcon then -- Make a new one
    		freeIcon = CreateFrame("FRAME", self:GetName().."Icon"..(#self.iconList+1), UIParent, "IconIntroTemplate");
    		self.iconList[#self.iconList+1] = freeIcon;
    	end
     
    	freeIcon.icon.icon:SetTexture(icon);
    	freeIcon.icon.slot = slotIndex;
    	 
    	freeIcon:ClearAllPoints();
    	 
    	freeIcon:SetPoint("CENTER", _G["ElvUI_Bar1Button"..slotPos], 0, 0);
    	freeIcon:SetFrameLevel(_G["ElvUI_Bar1Button"..slotPos]:GetFrameLevel()+1);
    	 
    	freeIcon.icon.flyin:Play(1);
    	freeIcon.isFree = false;
    	
    	if not HasAction(slotPos) then
    		PickupSpell(spellID)
    		PlaceAction(slotPos)
    	end
    end
    
    IconIntroTracker_OnEvent=function(self, event, ...)
    print("IconIntroTracker_OnEvent fired")
        if event == "SPELL_PUSHED_TO_ACTIONBAR" or event=="COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" then
    		if InCombatLockdown() then
    			if not self.queue then
    				self.queue={}
    			end
    			local spellID, slotIndex, slotPos = ...;
    			tinsert(self.queue,{spellID,slotIndex,slotPos})
    			self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
    		else
    			pushSpellToActionBar(self,...)
    		end
    	elseif event == "PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED" then
    		for i=1,#self.queue do
    			pushSpellToActionBar(self,unpack(self.queue[i]))
    		end
    		wipe(self.queue)
    		self:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_REGEN_ENABLED")
        end
    end
    
    undoElvDisable()
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2013-08-16 at 04:40 AM.

  8. #11548
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Hello. I know what you're going to think, this might appear shallow. Anyone know of an addon that displays other peoples ilvl?

    Thanks.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  9. #11549
    High Overlord Pelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    US-Sargeras
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    Does anyone know of a minimal addon that does the same thing and is being kept current?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/simpletankframes

    That's what I've been using for the last several years.

  10. #11550
    What happened to the cael* addons? I really like caelNameplates and would like to continue using it, but it seems Caellian has discontinued all projects. Has anyone else picked it up, or will I need to look for an alternative in the future?

  11. #11551
    Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    What happened to the cael* addons? I really like caelNameplates and would like to continue using it, but it seems Caellian has discontinued all projects. Has anyone else picked it up, or will I need to look for an alternative in the future?
    The authors of KuiNameplates, Tidyplates and rDiabloPlates2 are all active still.
    Worth looking at those.

  12. #11552
    The Patient Mousa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    319
    Hello! I am looking for an addon that can alert me with a sound when I perform a critical hit! If the sound file is replaceable, even better!
    Most/all of the addons that I know that does that are seriously outdated!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

  13. #11553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    Hello! I am looking for an addon that can alert me with a sound when I perform a critical hit! If the sound file is replaceable, even better!
    Most/all of the addons that I know that does that are seriously outdated!
    WeakAuras can do that, (Trigger, Combat Log) and you can add whatever sound file you want as long as it's in the wow directory (or you place it there).

  14. #11554
    Is it possible to create a castbar that shows the dot ticks for malefic grasp/drain soul/life drain with Weakauras?
    I know there are other castbar addons out there that do that, but I would like to know if it's possible with Weakauras.

  15. #11555
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Is it possible to create a castbar that shows the dot ticks for malefic grasp/drain soul/life drain with Weakauras?
    I know there are other castbar addons out there that do that, but I would like to know if it's possible with Weakauras.
    With custom code I would assume so, but that is not going to be trivial nor really going to offer you many benefits.

  16. #11556
    I really need to know what addon is used in this video for holy power, you would help me a lot ) ty )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZPC2r0EPQ

    i'm sorry i cant add full links (
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-08-22 at 01:29 PM.

  17. #11557
    Is there an addon which lets you track regular items as a questitem? For example I need 60 Iron Ore so I put that into the addon and it creates a tracker that behaves like the regular quest tracker with the messages and all that.

  18. #11558
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  19. #11559
    is there a way to seperate the Debuffs from buff frame in ELVUI?

  20. #11560
    Are there any action bar mods that allow you to set a specific button size (similar to ELV) without having to adjust the scaling ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •