This is more of a WeakAuras UX than UI question I believe.

Let's use Frost Mage as example. It has a couple of procs it needs tracking: Invoker's Energy, Fingers of Frost, Brain Freeze, Frozen Thoughts...

1st question: What is most visually noticeable display for managing (bars, icons, textures, texts...)?
    a) keeping buff/debuff uptimes
    b) noticing power gain procs

2nd question: Assuming best display from question 1, where should those displays be positioned on the screen (relative to your character) so you can track them without having to fiddle your eyes too much on the screen?

3rd question: What are the best colors to use? Should you use single color theme for all or use specific colors for different buffs/debuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    1st question: What is most visually noticeable display for managing (bars, icons, textures, texts...)?
    a) keeping buff/debuff uptimes
    b) noticing power gain procs

2nd question: Assuming best display from question 1, where should those displays be positioned on the screen (relative to your character) so you can track them without having to fiddle your eyes too much on the screen?

3rd question: What are the best colors to use? Should you use single color theme for all or use specific colors for different buffs/debuffs?
    I haven't done any clinical research on this, but here's my best shot:

1. a) icon with number in the middle
    b) icon with highlight (e.g. border glow)
    2. 30 pixels below
    3. different colors, nothing too dark.

Deleted
    It depends. For specs that revolve around maximizing the uptimes of various buffs and debuffs, numbers aren't the best thing for showing durations and cooldowns, because what you're really timing those things against isn't their exact remaining times so much as the other things you're casting. You don't really care about how many milliseconds are left on your Vampiric Touch DoT; you care about whether your next few casts should be "Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch" or "Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay". What gives you that information in the most clear and quickly digested way is fixed-time bars in fixed positions (that is, what EventHorizon does).

On the other hand, a Holy Priest doesn't actually want to use Cascade as often as they possibly can; they want to use it as often as they possibly can when there is significant raid damage. For them, EventHorizon arguably provides more precision than they have any use for, and so they might be better off using icons with numbers in the middle instead to save space. Same, I assume, for other healers, as well as tanks and probably some DPS specs; it depends on what your gameplay is about.

Hope you guys can help me with weakaura's as I am at a loss at the moment.
    What I am trying to do is to make a weakaura that can track acceleration on Thok and if at all possible announce in chat or as a raid warning the names from guildies to pop what CD is needed.
    Now my question is this even possible and how would I go about creating this, any help with this would be appreciated because I am thinking it will mean some lua work.

I think what you're looking for was posted in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post23660122

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I think what you're looking for was posted in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post23660122
    You sir/madam get a cookie, and I need to read the book "How to use the Search Box for Dummies" edition again.

Deleted
    Need some help with pitbull4 Lua texts again!
    How do I get health colored % text? like this 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Need some help with pitbull4 Lua texts again!
    How do I get health colored % text? like this 100%
    Looking at http://www.wowace.com/addons/pitbull4/pages/lua-texts/, HPColor(currHP, maxHP) gives us the color and Percent(currHP, maxHP) the percentage, and then we'll want to add a "%" to the end, so:
    Code:
    local r, g, b = HPColor(HP(unit), MaxHP(unit))
    return "|cff%02x%02x%02x%s", r, g, b, Percent(HP(unit), MaxHP(unit)) .. "%"

NPCscan doesn't shout? Why it doesn't target/shout some rares which are ADDED? And some work just fine.. But always not those I need. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    NPCscan doesn't shout? Why it doesn't target/shout some rares which are ADDED? And some work just fine.. But always not those I need. Help?
    NPCScan relies on a feature of the game whereby it will "cache" NPC's it has seen, I believe to reduce the number of times it has to query the server.
    The addon will periodically try to read information about the given NPC, information that the game will only provide when it has actually been "seen" by your character.
    As long as it remains in the cache, it will not alert you again as it cannot tell when it is seen, only that it has been previously.

There is no in-game means of clearing or modifying that cache, so it needs to be done manually.
    Either look in the installation folder for a Cache folder, or do a file search for the file creaturecache.wdb.
    Delete that file while the game client is not running, and then try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

anyone know what Masque mod this is?

and also what info addon is below. doesnt look like titan panel to me.

Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-11-23 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    anyone know what Masque mod this is?

and also what info addon is below. doesnt look like titan panel to me.

[img]
    Not sure about the skin, but as for the information below it is likely a DataBroker display of some sort, in many ways the successor to Fubar.
    Brokers are a type of addon, effectively a module which can work with any supported display, such as ChocolateBar, Bazooka, StatBlock, TitanPanel, and others.
    You can find examples of both displays and the Brokers here (Data Broker @ Wowinterface)
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-23 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Minor corrections/clarification.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Appears to only happen on one character/max level characters(not sure). Leveling dungeons appear to work fine...
    No-one knows anything about this?

Deleted
    Please excuse the foul language in that picture, but it's not my screenshot.
    I quite like the font that was used, but the person who took it can't remember what it was called. Does anyone have an idea what it could be or at least knows a similar font?

http://i.imgur.com/0EhGm0n.png

I'm looking for a mod that duplicates the Compass bar from the Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim, Oblivion,...). Specifically, I would like a compass bar that will have quest objective markers, arrows to party members, ect... basically any arrow/marker that shows up on the minimap would be on the compass bar.

any way to hide that pesky error, saying my addon was blocked by an action only allowed to blizzard ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    any way to hide that pesky error, saying my addon was blocked by an action only allowed to blizzard ui?
    Not supressing, but at least automatically hiding it.
    idbpc taint fix @ curse.

Hello, trying to recreate an old UI for my friend and we're both having a hard time trying to figure out the last thing, here's an old screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/tlQPzd8.jpg

What we're trying to figure out is what is the addon that makes those buffs appear in the top left hand corner, and the cooldowns underneath the Xperl Self Unit Frame, and the other icons/buff on the left hand side of the UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    Hello, trying to recreate an old UI for my friend and we're both having a hard time trying to figure out the last thing, here's an old screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/tlQPzd8.jpg

What we're trying to figure out is what is the addon that makes those buffs appear in the top left hand corner, and the cooldowns underneath the Xperl Self Unit Frame, and the other icons/buff on the left hand side of the UI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would guess that's Satrina Buff Frames, but that addon hasn't been updated since 2010. You could also do all of that with Raven, though, and that is both better and still maintained.

Was Raven thank you very much!