Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Anyone have a basic template on how to use the color change in Weak Auras? I'd like it to start off as one color then gradually change to a second one as unitpower reaches max, if its possible. Let's say eclipse power.
    WeakAuras contains such a template. On the animations tab, in the main animation section, use "custom animation", "relative", "1" as the settings.
    Activate the color animation checkbox. Select custom there and choose a second color below.

Or import this and see how the settings work: http://pastebin.com/cFLcrUU1

This animates between green and red for luna energy. There's a bug in WeakAuras though where at 100% progress the wrong color is selected, I found the place and have this patch here: http://pastebin.com/KG1Yvdya which fixes that.

The patch removes two lines, which I didn't understand and appear to me, to be simply wrong. I'll have to ask stanzilla if he knows the purpose or dig into the version control history to figure out whether they are needed.

Anyway, that custom code is a linear interpolation in rgb-space between the two colors. That's one of the worst ways to mix colors, but also the easiest to implement.
    If that doesn't work for your colors, I probably can write you a better mixing. But try that out first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else noticed that since 6.0 using a cooldown on a mouse over bar still shows the cooldown even when the bar is not showing?
    Or anyone know how to solve this? Im using Elvui.

Hey guys, 2 questions here :

What is this addon, can't remember the name, it shows the damage on one side and the healing on the other one :

And I have a problem with pitbull, I can't get the addon to show the mana / hp of my player panels : http://i.imgur.com/KpbqlkX.jpg even with the options enabled... don't understand why.

EDIT : Pitbull shows only the missing health / mana, but not the max... how to change this ?
    Last edited by abni; 2014-10-21 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Image too big

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abni View Post
    What is this addon, can't remember the name, it shows the damage on one side and the healing on the other one :
    EavesDrop.

Quote Originally Posted by abni View Post
    And I have a problem with pitbull, I can't get the addon to show the mana / hp of my player panels : http://i.imgur.com/KpbqlkX.jpg even with the options enabled... don't understand why.

EDIT : Pitbull shows only the missing health / mana, but not the max... how to change this ?
    I can't log in to see exactly how right now because of maintenance, but in the Texts tab for your player frame layout there should be texts named like "LuaTexts: Health" and "LuaTexts: Power" or something like that, and one of the dropdown menus should be a bunch of presets you can use, including what you want.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/7pBFMpE.png
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-10-21 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    EavesDrop.

I can't log in to see exactly how right now because of maintenance, but in the Texts tab for your player frame layout there should be texts named like "LuaTexts: Health" and "LuaTexts: Power" or something like that, and one of the dropdown menus should be a bunch of presets you can use, including what you want.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/7pBFMpE.png
    The problem is pretty strange, when I put a low width on the unitframe, I can see the text just fine, but when I put a larger one, it dissapear...

Any idea ?

(And thanks for Eavesdrop !)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetshuno View Post
    Thanks again for your answer Bran.

No, it doesn't fade when out of combat. I tried setting the opacity for out of range units under colors->OOR (which will then be applied to the indicators with oor-bouqet automatically) and it didn't work. Then I tried to set it just for the indicators (with the colors->oor option without transparency) but I got the same result. VuhDo fades the background and turns is red with opacity and then fades the health bar on top turning ist dark grey with opacity, resulting in a dark red health bar for units which are our of range. Shadowed Unitframes, Grid and every other addon I used in the past didn't do it like that. Vuhdo has so many settings, I can't believe that there is no option to fade the unit as a whole.
    Don't give up yet! I got a chance today to tinker around on vuhdo and I think I created basically what you were looking for.

It was achieved primarily through screwing around with the colours and opacity in the indicators sections. Did you perhaps change the priority order so that the "solid" bouquet was ahead of the "out of range" bouquet?

Also I checked off "background" for the opacity option in this tab

I'm looking for an addon which will let me shift players between groups automatically, to change who is in which group.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/raid-mover

Sounds ideal, but it was uploaded in May '13 & hasn't been touched since June '13 when the author's guild quit playing - so I suspect it'll never get updated again. Does anyone know of something similar which is being maintained?

Why I want it:

For WoD Mythic part of our raid plan is (mainly) group oriented tactics. For some fights we'll be running 4x Melee + Healer or 4x Range + Healer style groups, for others we'll be running 1-2x melee, 2-3x range, 1x healer style groups. Our strats are then oriented around your-group-is-your-unit.

Our initial experiments with this approach are working well, but swapping group comps between bosses slows things down overly (especially because it can't be done during trash).

So I'd like an addon where I can just set everything up for the evening during early trash pulls & then press a button to load the group config prior to each boss.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-10-22 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to create a weak aura to track a debuff on multiple targets with the duration of each one of it, like Rend debuff?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by kiaranqilue View Post
    Is it possible to create a weak aura to track a debuff on multiple targets with the duration of each one of it, like Rend debuff?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes with the dynamic group option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yes with the dynamic group option.

Thanks a lot!

Deleted

Feels like a dumb question, but I run SUF, pre 6.0 it was set up to have pie-chart timers for buffs / procs, but since updating they seem to be gone - the icons are there but static with no timer and I can't for the life of me find them in the options. Besides, I thought they were enabled by default, though I could be wrong - it's a long time since I set them up.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Not the biggest deal since it's not my primary means of tracking buffs / procs, but it was a convenient thing that I've only really started to appreciate now it's gone.

Trying to use Tom Tom waypoints for the WoD vignettes (like Timeless Isle chests), but for Nagrand I'm having a problem.

This line puts the waypoint on the Outland version of Nagrand.
    /way Nagrand 75.3 10.9 Abandoned Fishing Rod

All the other zone names work fine. Does anyone know what the name of Nagrand I need to use is to make it work? I thought BC Nagrand was now labeled "Nagrand (Outland)". Maybe it's an issue with Tom Tom.

Quick Skada question
    is it possible to make Skada show my dps/damage/interrupts only.
    any help would be lovely thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Trying to use Tom Tom waypoints for the WoD vignettes (like Timeless Isle chests), but for Nagrand I'm having a problem.

This line puts the waypoint on the Outland version of Nagrand.
    /way Nagrand 75.3 10.9 Abandoned Fishing Rod

All the other zone names work fine. Does anyone know what the name of Nagrand I need to use is to make it work? I thought BC Nagrand was now labeled "Nagrand (Outland)". Maybe it's an issue with Tom Tom.
    Try this: NagrandDraenor

Also: ShadowmoonValleyDR
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-10-24 at 10:04 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this: NagrandDraenor

Also: ShadowmoonValleyDR
    I'll give that a shot for Nagrand, thanks. "/way Shadowmoon Valley" worked fine for Draenor Shadowmoon Valley.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured this doesn't deserve its own thread but I would just like to know what addon this is that is showing the role icons?

Can anyone here tell me what AddOns I would need to make my UI like the one in this video?

youtube . com /watch?v=QpyE5M728N4

Mostly the sound effects and the timers. I use ElvUI, but I'm not really great at setting this sort of thing up. I'm looking for some sort of auditory notifacations, I know some of that must be WA, but honestly, I have no idea how to use it. Sorry about all the spaces, I can't link videos since I'm new here. ><

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

NagrandDraenor and a variety of alternate formattings didn't work. Hmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    I figured this doesn't deserve its own thread but I would just like to know what addon this is that is showing the role icons?

I figured it out, its oRA3.

Deleted
    Pre-6.0 I had been using an addon called Buffguide (curse.com/addons/wow/buff-guide) to track which raid buffs, food and flasks are present on myself, but it hasn't been updated for 6.0 and no longer updates my current buffs without a /reload. I only used the broker portion of the addon to display the buffs on mouseover via the tooltip, see below:

i62.tinypic.com/23tqlg2.jpg

Is there an alternative addon out there I can use to achieve a similar result via a broker plugin? I've had a look at a few but unfortunately haven't found anything suitable yet.

Thanks

- Can't post links yet so had to remove the clickable URL
    Last edited by mmocb9c8acef3a; 2014-10-25 at 07:10 AM.